Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roelof

Max Power MX 21 MAX C5Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 06:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Max Power MX 21 MAX C5Q

Hey all! Does anyone know about this nitro engine Max Power MX 21 MAX C5Q? It uses a standard glow. I think it’s based off a Novarossi P5? Was the pistons machined (milled) or cast? Anything special about this motor? Diamond coating… what’s that?

It want let me submit pictures!!!
Old 03-10-2022, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

1) Normal plugs? Could be
2) why do you want to know what piston is used, who cares? Look inside the piston, if the part around the piston pin is nice round shaped it is casted, if it has straight edges it is milled from a bar.
3) DLC coating is a surface hardening treatment. I think it is only the crankshaft which will have a black color mainly the crankpin needs it.
4) I answered your help question and be aware if you do post all around to get to that number there is a high chance a mod will take action.

And no need to ask this question several times with several new topics.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Roelof
2) why do you want to know what piston is used, who cares? Look inside the piston, if the part around the piston pin is nice round shaped it is casted, if it has straight edges it is milled from a bar.
3) DLC coating is a surface hardening treatment. I think it is only the crankshaft which will have a black color mainly the crankpin needs it.
Spoke to someone that said you want to buy the one that is milled not cast… He didn’t give a specific reason.

So DLC is the same thing as Diamond coated? In the pictures the crank is not black.

Also, the box says it was selected by Massimo Fantini… Whoever that is? Lol

It’s brand new and he would sale it to me for $100.

He also has a RB engine WS7 L2G new he would sale for $200. Wonder if I should just buy it.

I just want a backup engine that I can still get bearings for.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

At the end the casted piston is also milled and the milled piston comes also from a casted and extruded aluminum.
Yes there were sometimes some issues with casted pistons, that they do not have a long life that was more noticeable with onroad engines. But with a low budget engine (lower top rpm) and a good fuel you do not need to worry
DLC stands for Diamond Like Coating....

With Boca, TKO and many others as also Ebay you will find the bearings. Rods will be a bigger issue with the RB, it has a different crankpin size that is hard to find.

Shane44 likes this.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok! Thanks for the help Roelof!