Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Fuel Leak at the Inlet to the Carb >

Fuel Leak at the Inlet to the Carb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Leak at the Inlet to the Carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Fuel Leak at the Inlet to the Carb

Hello everybody, I am having issues with fuel leaking out of the inlet to the carb. I have never seen this issue before, and I am not sure how to go about fixing it. The inlet is tight, and the fuel line fits tightly on the inlet nipple. I checked for burs on the washer/inlet stack, and did not find any. The engine is new, and was leaking right away. The only idea I had was to order new washers. I would like to know if anyone has any other tips for sealing up this leak? I am not sure if I can apply sealent/grease etc. to this area to get a good seal. Any help is appreciated!
Old 08-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

No crack/damage to the fuel line?

I would claim warranty if it is new.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IOP_Racer
Hello everybody, I am having issues with fuel leaking out of the inlet to the carb. I have never seen this issue before, and I am not sure how to go about fixing it. The inlet is tight, and the fuel line fits tightly on the inlet nipple. I checked for burs on the washer/inlet stack, and did not find any. The engine is new, and was leaking right away. The only idea I had was to order new washers. I would like to know if anyone has any other tips for sealing up this leak? I am not sure if I can apply sealent/grease etc. to this area to get a good seal. Any help is appreciated!
what kind of kit or engine is this and is it? As Roelof said below, claim a warranty if it’s new for sure. I also think replacing the washers Is a grand idea even if you didn’t run the engine yet. Maybe the fuel line or fuel nipple assembly is cracked itself from over-tightening from the factory? Not sure about alternative sealing methods. Hope you get it fixed
Old 08-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have never hear of a warranty on an rc product... I guess the engine is not technically new anymore since I had to run it to notice the fuel leak. The engine is an Nova Rolling. If the new washers dont work, I have a carb I can swap on to it and hopefully the engine will run good either way.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

if its a novarossi you have 30 days to return for defective product due to defects in manufacturing or workmanship..
Returns
Old 08-09-2020, 03:37 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by IOP_Racer
I have never hear of a warranty on an rc product... I guess the engine is not technically new anymore since I had to run it to notice the fuel leak. The engine is an Nova Rolling. If the new washers dont work, I have a carb I can swap on to it and hopefully the engine will run good either way.
On all products you have a warranty, for sure when you can prove it is no abuse. Broken parts with signs on a runned car is for sure no warranty. A leaking carburator right after buying is a reason for waranty, not that you can get your money back but for sure they need to assist you with solving the issue under warranty.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Take the fuel banjo and some 600 sand paper. Lay the paper on a flat surface and with your pointer finger in a circular motion polish up both sides of the banjo.