Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Novarossi P5XLT 2019 Break In >

Novarossi P5XLT 2019 Break In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi P5XLT 2019 Break In

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Novarossi P5XLT 2019 Break In

I recently bought the Novarossi P5XLT, I知 doing the break in now. I知 using the 6.5 Venturi (carb restrictor) to do the break in. I知 doing the break in by heat cycle. I timed that in the first tank I did (which consists in igniting the engine and just leave it on idle until it runs out of gas) I realized that it lasted for 35 min on tank, I don稚 know if this is normal or if I placed something wrong
Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Suspended

correct, like any motor... more rpm = more fuel used, so at idle like your real car it'll last ages
Old 10-20-2019, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Italoramos910
I recently bought the Novarossi P5XLT, I知 doing the break in now. I知 using the 6.5 Venturi (carb restrictor) to do the break in. I知 doing the break in by heat cycle. I timed that in the first tank I did (which consists in igniting the engine and just leave it on idle until it runs out of gas) I realized that it lasted for 35 min on tank, I don稚 know if this is normal or if I placed something wrong
You will get a better audience on the off-road nitro engine section of this forum. Personally I go with the manual for break in except that I run the engine at 1/2 speed for the first couple of tanks until the engine is ready to lean out.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Just heat up the engine. Let it idle around 100c for the first tank. Then drive it slowly for couple of tanks with a cover on the head so that the engine won't cool down. As long as you run it rich and manage to keep it between 100-120c during break in you can hardly fail. After the pinch is gone and you feel more confident you can lean it for more performance. Always listen to engine sound and try to have smoke coming out of the pipe. Hope this helps
Old 10-25-2019, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Lets see if the Mods can move this into its forum:

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....