Search

2013 ROSE CITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
I'll be there little after 9
I will be there at 9:30 because that is when Ryan said he was getting there. Way to jump the gun JEFF!

Damn I haven't even hit the track and I am down to 3rd.

See you all in a few. Mmmmmmmmmmm Nitro!

T
Old 04-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ryan
Can you pick up fgx front wheels plz?

Thx.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well Heck, I didn't expect to get that exited about a practice day but I did !! 5 GT8s banging around the track got my blood pumping thick and fast. Jeff, Ryan, Troy and surprise resurrection of the Mike Godson plus myself all ripping off laps and with a bunch a laughs and giggles for sure.

Ed and his son showed with F1 and Scale Spec cars, running laps with young Brendon. Then Chad Burdick arrived to get some Reedy practice going. Then two strangers showed up with a couple of Traxxas 1/10th scale gasers. Didn't take them long to get going. Good looking cars from Traxxas again, very simply built and look very durable. I get a funny feeling they'll be back.

So from this guy who didn't really have much enthusiasm about this coming season, I now finding a great throb for NITRO GT8 in my heart. Watch out world, fun time just around the corner.

Gotta say thanks to Rick St. Cyr for offering RCSR the chance to organize a season around TimeZone. It should be really good for growth of membership. I like the $20 membership feature that allows free practice days and cheap entry fees for members.

When's the first race then eh ??
Old 04-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Default AWESOME!

What a FANTASTIC day!

After a 20 month hiatus from nitro on road, today I was reminded why it is my favorite form of RC racing. There is simply nothing better than the roar of nitro car shifting in to second gear. We had 5 GT8s on the track together dicing nose to tail all day.

As of a month ago I didn't know if I would be racing any on road this season but as of today I am in. With the 5 we had today and a few others that I heard were coming out tomorrow we have a basis for a good strong class. Ryan said a couple others bought cars last year. Also I know Chad B and others are looking to buy cars. B mains here we come.

Thanks Rick for letting us play today. It was getting dark grey when we left. Hopefully tomorrow turns nice after a little sprinkle tonight.

Troy
Old 04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
What a FANTASTIC day!

After a 20 month hiatus from nitro on road, today I was reminded why it is my favorite form of RC racing. There is simply nothing better than the roar of nitro car shifting in to second gear. We had 5 GT8s on the track together dicing nose to tail all day.

As of a month ago I didn't know if I would be racing any on road this season but as of today I am in. With the 5 we had today and a few others that I heard were coming out tomorrow we have a basis for a good strong class. Ryan said a couple others bought cars last year. Also I know Chad B and others are looking to buy cars. B mains here we come.

Thanks Rick for letting us play today. It was getting dark grey when we left. Hopefully tomorrow turns nice after a little sprinkle tonight.

Troy
glad you had fun!!! you coming back out tomorrow?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Absolutely awesome day today!!! It was great to get back out in the fresh air of Timezone raceway! Great to see the Professor and T-Roy McPlow back out and burning some nitro. Ed, Gene and Brenden were burning laps with their scale spec cars, giggling and laughing setting up their own races. Chad was cruising around in his Mod sedan dreaming of the day he takes down Keven Hebert for his first Worlds Championship. Lol. I have a good feeling we can make something fun out of this year!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

I posted some of my observations on the Rose City Site, and includes a bonus video.

Enjoy!

Jeff

Last edited by JeffHolt; 04-28-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JeffHolt
I posted some of my finding on the Rose City Site, and includes a bonus video.

Enjoy!

Jeff
+1 that's awesome Jeff!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 PM
RWD
Tech Adept

Default GT8 Body Rules

Are there any special body rules (cooling holes, clearance, etc.) I should be aware of to race in the GT8 class?

Richard
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lavaandy
glad you had fun!!! you coming back out tomorrow?
I wish I could, but I promised the wife yard work all day. It looks like it turned out to be an awesome day up there.

I finally decided between the Serpent and the Team C/Ofna GTV2. Neither. Rino Lino is going to help me out to convert an Xray XB9! He converted one last summer with good results. The new project should be exciting and fun to attempt.

T
Old 04-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RWD
Are there any special body rules (cooling holes, clearance, etc.) I should be aware of to race in the GT8 class?

Richard
Richard !! Will be Great to see you out to play and with a GT8 ta boot !!

There might be a front window hole size, some one will chirp up the facts, but side and back window can be cut out. I don't remember any mention of clearances ever. I think motors have gone to $280 limit.
We still have a month to get things straight for the rules. I certainly am pretty low on knowledge of these things other than GT8 is a delightful class to run.

See you soon Kiddo. Hows that clockwork MGB coming along BTW ??

Jacko
Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RWD

Richard
I think the front cooling hole was like 3", nothing too serious. We are all pretty forgiving with stuff. Like Jacko said, $280 motor rule, 150cc tank, most of us run 9-13mm ride height. No wedge bodies.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
I wish I could, but I promised the wife yard work all day. It looks like it turned out to be an awesome day up there.

I finally decided between the Serpent and the Team C/Ofna GTV2. Neither. Rino Lino is going to help me out to convert an Xray XB9! He converted one last summer with good results. The new project should be exciting and fun to attempt.

T
Don't forget the LocTite !!

Hahahahaha - sounds right up your street Mc Nitro.

Jacko
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Don't forget the LocTite !!

Hahahahaha - sounds right up your street Mc Nitro.

Jacko
Forget the car, get a motor that runs longer than 3/4 of a tank
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Forget the car, get a motor that runs longer than 3/4 of a tank
Yes. I need some tuning help this Sunday. I also think I am running the wrong plug. I say that Paolo always seems to run a #8 Nova cold plug. What are you running?

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.