Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Rumble at the Snake!  Oct 5th-7th, 2012!!! >

Rumble at the Snake! Oct 5th-7th, 2012!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumble at the Snake! Oct 5th-7th, 2012!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Rumble at the Snake! Oct 5th-7th, 2012!!!

Rattlesnake Raceway located in Redding, Ca, approximately 2 hours from the Oregon border (we are norcal ) is pleased to announce the Rumble at the Snake! Check out our website for the event flyer and details! http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Special+Events/

We hope some of you Northwestern boys (and gals) can make it down for what is hopefully going to be a super fun time!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Interesting sounding event. I'm probably going to be going down to the Bay Area for something that Saturday night so leaving a day early and stopping off for the electric day of this is a possibility for me.

I'll be the first to ask the "regular questions" then.
Power? Tables/chairs? Tires for 4wd SC and buggy? I assume 2wd SC and buggy are open motors? Anything I forgot to ask?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

We have power trackside. Just make sure to bring an extension cord, your own pit tables, maybe an ez up though it shouldn't be that hot by then.

All of the classes are open motors so run whatever ya like! The only restriction is 2 cell batteries for 1/10 scale. In other words, no 3/4 cell setups for the 4wd scts. As for tires our current layout city blocks are hooked up! Some guys also run impact/revolvers or calibers. We are going to wheel roll the new layout and sweep it and run it dry so a smaller pin might work better, but its hard to say right now.

I am sure there will be tons more questions so ask away!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

We are super excited to announce that Ruben Benitez, from amainhobbies Outback Raceway, will be our Race Director and announcer for the Rumble at the Snake Oct 5th-7th, 2012! Ruben has extensive experience running large races so we are happy to have him for this weekend!

In addition, trophy and plaque designs are coming along nicely! We think they are going to look pretty sweet!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

hmmmmmmmm
Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Event flyer

Here is the event flyer. Hopefully we will have the trophies done soon and I can put some pics up of those. They should be pretty sweet. And we start the track re-build this weekend, when we are done we will post some pics of that as well : )
Attached Thumbnails Rumble at the Snake!  Oct 5th-7th, 2012!!!-rumble-snake.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Our new layout is complete! Check out http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Track+P...AD+TRACK+PICs/ to see pics of it!

Planning for the Rumble at the Snake Oct 5th-7th is going well! Check out our website for the event details! We hope to see many of you Oregon guys there!

Jason
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Rumble at the Snake trophy examples

Here is a pic of what the trophies look like. On the right is the standard 1st through 3rd place style plaque. On the left is the Rumble at the Snake Champion's Cup. Check out http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Special+Events/ for more details! And Ruben Benitez is still on board as our Announcer/Race Director! It should be a super fun weekend and we hope to see many of you on Oct 5th-7th!

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Rumble at the Snake!  Oct 5th-7th, 2012!!!-imag0413.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

So who is planning on coming out for the Rumble at the Snake? Friday oct 5th is an open practice day from 9am till dark. So early arrivals can show up and get some practice time and register. We are running all of the electric classes on saturday oct 6th, and the nitro classes on sunday oct 7th. You can come out for both days, or just one or the other. Classes being offered are: Novice, 2wd buggy open, 2wd sct open, 4wd sct, 1/8 Electric, Nitro Sportsman Buggy, Nitro Sportsman Truggy, Nitro Expert Buggy and Nitro Expert Truggy. Check out http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Special+Events/ for all the event details!

We are expecting a good turnout. Sounds like we are going to have A and B mains for at least a couple of the classes....1/8 Electric and 4wd sct appear to be stacked! We have a professional level announcer for the weekend, Ruben Benitez, and we have some sweet looking trophies! Weather is predicted to be mid 80's. And we have an all new layout ready to rock! Overall it should be a heckuva weekend of racing! Post up if you are planning on making it so I can get an idea of how many out of towners to expect : )

Jason
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Was gonna make it but building a new car this weekend. U guys will see me alot next year, moving to southern Oregon.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, where ya moving to in southern oregon colby? There is a really nice outdoor track outside of Medford run by Chad Paris. They usually hold a couple rounds of the Oregon State Series there each summer. Great people and fun layouts. Well, get ahold of us whenever you do come down to race. We have a great group of guys and we always welcome more people : )

J
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Driving Directions to our track:

If you are travelling either North or South on I-5, take the Knighton Rd exit (exit 673). Travel East on Knighton Rd for 2.1 miles. Turn Right on Airport Rd. Travel 1/2 mile. Turn Left on Meadowview Drive. Travel 1/5 mile. The track will be on your right hand side. The physical (google maps) address of the track is 3747 Meadowview Drive, Redding, Ca 96002. Please park alongside one of the industrial buildings on the East or the North side of the track. You may unload closer to the track, but please do not leave your vehicle in a location where it blocks other vehicles.

Most people set their ez-ups and pit tables along the West or North side of the track. Power will be available, but you need to bring your own extension cord and pit table. I recommend at least a 50-foot cord. I also recommend you bring a chair. Ez-ups are not necessary, but temps will be in the mid 80’s so it will be nice to have one. There is a small market close by, but I also recommend that you bring an ice chest and plenty of drinks to last for the day/weekend. We will take a short meal break before the mains. I typically bring a sandwich so I do not have to leave the track.

I hope that answers all of the typical questions that people have. If there are any other questions just ask or check out our event page for more details http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Special+Events/.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Driving Directions to our track:

If you are travelling either North or South on I-5, take the Knighton Rd exit (exit 673). Travel East on Knighton Rd for 2.1 miles. Turn Right on Airport Rd. Travel 1/2 mile. Turn Left on Meadowview Drive. Travel 1/5 mile. The track will be on your right hand side. The physical (google maps) address of the track is 3747 Meadowview Drive, Redding, Ca 96002. Please park alongside one of the industrial buildings on the East or the North side of the track. You may unload closer to the track, but please do not leave your vehicle in a location where it blocks other vehicles.

Most people set their ez-ups and pit tables along the West or North side of the track. Power will be available, but you need to bring your own extension cord and pit table. I recommend at least a 50-foot cord. I also recommend you bring a chair. Ez-ups are not necessary, but temps will be in the mid 80’s so it will be nice to have one. There is a small market close by, but I also recommend that you bring an ice chest and plenty of drinks to last for the day/weekend. We will take a short meal break before the mains. I typically bring a sandwich so I do not have to leave the track.

I hope that answers all of the typical questions that people have. If there are any other questions just ask or check out our event page for more details http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Special+Events/.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

The weekend is almost here and we hope to see many of you out at the track! Check out http://www.rattlesnakerc.com/Special+Events/ for all the event details!

Friday: 9am till dark - Registration and open practice

Saturday (Electric classes): Registration and controlled practice from 8am to 10am folllowed by 3 rounds of 7 minute qualifiers and 8 minute mains all classes (10 min for 1/8 Elec).

Sunday (Nitro classes): Registration and controlled practice from 8am to 10am followed by 2 rounds of 7 minute qualifiers and 20 minute mains all classes!

Classes: Novice, 2wd buggy, 2wd sct, 4wd sct, 1/8 Elec, Nitro Sportsman buggy and truggy, Nitro Expert buggy and truggy!

Sweet trophies designed by oncourseawards.com to 1st-3rd place!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks to everyone who made this race a success! A big thanks goes out to Ruben for a heckuva job announcing. And many thanks to Chris Russo of oncourseawards.com for making some awesome trophies! Saturday (Electric day) was awesome and though the turnout for sunday (Nitro day) was light we still had a blast. We had 24 4wd short course trucks and 13 1/8 E buggies on Saturday! Results have been posted to our website. Our next club race is scheduled for november 10th and we hope many of you can make it out!