Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FW Racing 2005 season.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i would gear exactly the same as someone who runs the full size sedan with a similar motor, the mini car uses all the same drive train parts and runs the same size tires as the full size car.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

thatrs the thing, i dont know how to gear it....
Old 02-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mini Gearing

Derek,
Final drive ratio is 2.125. To figure your gearing take the number of teeth on the spur (93) divided by the number of teeth on the pinion (31) then multiply by the final drive ratio of 2.125. This will give you your overall ratio (In this case it's 6.375, but I don't think you can fit a 31t pinion on with the 93t spur, but you get the idea). Start with this and check your motor temp after your run. If you can hold your thumb to it, drop a few teeth on the spur and go from there. Keep an eye on your brushes too.

We ran this chassis as a spec class last season with a chameleon 2 motors, 90t spur and a 31t pinion. Motors never were hot and we could have pushed the gearing into the high 5's without much change.

Go check this link. The gear chart is on page 6 of the pdf.

http://www.wildhobbies.com/manuals/m...Setup_Book.pdf
Old 02-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

with less then a month to go before opening day, what are the changes in the track rules we can look forward to, i.e. do i need to start stocking up on foam tires for nitro, mod, etc etc
Old 02-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default tires

I believe the latest thinking on tires is for allowing foams in nitro sedan but not in any of the electric classes, except pan cars.

Monster trucks will be no more as they represent too much of an insurance liability.

The mini spec class looks to have gone away, but that chassis (T1M Xray) and the Yokomo MR-4TC will be able to run in the new Le Mans class (and they no longer need to be "spec"). It will be an 8 minute class with no motor, gearing limits. But again, electric cars will have to stay off the foams unless you're running a pan car.

More on Le Mans. There was some thought initially to just limiting this class to a few chassis types, F1, 12th Touring car, and 12th Pan. As it has evolved, I think that we're going to allow sedans (except nitro) to participate in this 8 minute run time class as well. More to be heard on this later.

FWR will post the "Official News" as we sort out the new season rules within the next few weeks.

Last edited by Kabala; 02-19-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:47 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Default Drivers Meeting - 2005 rules discussion

Drivers Meeting - 2005 rules discussion
5:00 pm Sunday February 27
Round Table Pizza, back room.
We reserved the room, Order your own pizza and pop on the way in.

Items to discuss:

Starting time- A possible timeline
At 10:15, the signup sheet will be removed and replaced with a "Late Entries Signup Sheet" and the track will be closed. If you are not on the main signup you won't be entered in the race computer until the end of the current qualifying round.
First qualifier at 10:30. Only 2 minutes before each electric race, 5 minutes before each gas race.
Second qualifier 12:00. If we are not able to start the second qualifier on time, we will only run two qualifiers that day.
Third qualifier 1:30. If the second qualifier starts on time but takes too long to start the Third qualifier on time, we will not run a third qualifier
Mains 3:00.

Bus Passes:
Same as last year, just a reminder.
$75 will give a specific person entry into one class for the 2005 season. $50 for each additional entry for that same person.

Stock – 19t – Open Mod:
No more restriction on who can run in a class except for Novice.
Should we tech the stock motors?
Should we use the ROAR motor rules (i.e. no extra heat sinks)?

Nitro Monster Truck:
No more Monster Trucks – The class, in novice, or just practicing.
Not really up for discussion unless someone wants to fork out the money for a full coverage insurance policy.

Gas Sedan:
Small block. 2 or 4 door sedan bodies. Rubber or Foam tires.

Le Mans:
This would have multiple classes running in the same qualifiers and mains but scoring separately. This would allow some of the smaller showing classes still be able to race without drawing out the day by having a bunch of three car races.
The classes being discussed for this are 12th mini, 12th pan, and F1.
8 minute qualifiers and mains.
All classes would be open. Any battery, motor, tire, body combination that you think will last 8 minutes.
The specific sub-classes would require some basics like F1 has to run F1 style body and tires.
Autoscore may not handle the points the way we like, so they may be adjusted at the end of the season.
Prizes and points would be given separately for each sub-class depending on how many entries for that class.
1st place if there are at least three entries in the individual 'sub' class, 1st and 2nd if at least four entries and all three top prizes if at least 5 entries. To be consistent, this should be for every class ie. Only 3 super nitro entries would only get a 1st place prize.
As with the other classes, there must be at least three entries total in the Le Mans classes to run that class.
Point series prizes. Prizes would only be awarded for a sub-class that runs at lease 5 race days with 3 or more entries for that specific sub-class.

ROAR rules:
Are there specific ROAR rules we should discuss?

Tip of the Day: If the lights don't work, try reading the directions.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Drivers Meeting - 2005 rules discussion

Tip of the Day: If the lights don't work, try reading the directions. [/B]
Who knew that hooking the white light wire to the white bus wire was bassackwards???

Good one FWR, made me laugh!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I have never raced my car and I would love to race it this season. I have a hpi rs4 2 nitro and a hpi savage .25

What do i need to do to race my car. How much does it cost?
Please let me know Thanks I want to race the savage too, do i need to go to tacoma r/c raceway to do that?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

you will need to take the savage to trcr. FW doesn't run monster will not be running monster truck class this year.

as for the hpi, you will need. fuel, fuel bottle, glow lighter,body, tires, etc etc. oh yea, and 5 bucks for entry fee. just look for the old farts under the canopys they will help you out with any setup or other questions you have.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I resemble that remark!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:46 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Originally posted by vanguard
as for the hpi, you will need. fuel, fuel bottle, glow lighter,body, tires, etc etc. oh yea, and 5 bucks for entry fee. just look for the old farts under the canopys they will help you out with any setup or other questions you have.

A table, chair, shade, and lunch or lunch money would be helpfull also.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Ok I am thinking about running my car but not sure. I wish you guys have a dirt track the one at tacoma r/c racway is small. Maybe i should build one and have the pros come down here
Old 02-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

cool, that would only make about 5 outdoor offroad tracks to chose from then
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rule Update

FWR,

When you get a chance, could you post the latest rules as discussed and agreed to at the drivers meeting?
Old 03-05-2005, 10:44 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Default 2005 Summary of Changes

Summer Sizzler date – August 14 and 15

First race of the season March 13.

Official season and point series start is Sunday April 3.

Morning Practice – from when the track gets set up until 10:15 . If you want more practice, show up early, around 8:00 and help set up the track.

At 10:15 , the signup sheet will be removed and replaced with a "Late Entries Signup Sheet" and the track will be closed. If you are not on the main signup you won't be entered in the race until we are between rounds.

First qualifier starts at 10:30 . Only 2 minutes before an electric race and 3 minutes before a gas race. You can warm up your gas car in the pits without having to turn on your radio and the previous 5 minutes of warm-up we end up with more cars dieing then running.

There must be at least 3 cars in a class to run it. If it drops below 3 drivers because they go home, we will stop running that class for the day. If the drivers are in the pits trying to fix their cars, they still count as being there.

Bus passes will be available for purchase. Bus passes are only good for normal point series races and practices (i.e. not the Summer Sizzler or 4th of July race) $75 will give a specific person entry into one class for the 2005 season. $50 for each additional entry for that same person. The Bus passes are not transferable and no refunds. With the $75 you break even if you make 15 races. With the $50 additional entry, you break even if you make 10 races with the additional entry.

If there are more that one novice race per round, novice will corner novice.

Point Series

We will be running two points series this year broken by the Summer Sizzler.

Prizes will remain the same as last year (i.e. based on points earned and a class must be run at least 5 points races to qualify for prizes).

Class changes.

Novice – Must run Stock electric motors. This is new rule, previously novice electric could run whatever they brought and a lot of ready-to-run cars came with mild modified motors. The speed of them can cause it harder to learn how to drive. If you are not sure what motor you have in your car check with some of the other racers. You should also be able to get some help switching out the motors if you have never done that. You cannot run in both a Novice class and a non-novice class.

Stock – 19t – Open Mod:
No more restriction on who can run in a class except for Novice.

Stock – ROAR stock motors – Rubber tires
19t – Spec fixed timing motors – Rubber tires

Open Mod – Any motor, including brushless – Rubber or Foam tires.

Gas Sedan :
Small block. 2 or 4 door sedan bodies. Rubber or Foam tires.

Nitro Monster Truck
Due to liability of running Monster Trucks (speed, weight, proximity of racers and spectators to the track, ability to get airborne and leave tire tracks across someone's face) we will not longer be running a Monster Truck class or allowing monster trucks in the Novice classes.

Le Mans :
This has multiple classes running in the same qualifiers and mains but scoring separately. This allows some of the smaller showing classes still be able to race without drawing out the day by having a bunch of three car races.
Any class that does not fit in the other classes are eligible to enter as a subclass. Some of them would be: 12th mini, 12th pan, F1, and 10th pan.
All entries must run 8 minute qualifiers and mains.
All classes would be open. Any battery, motor, tire, body combination that you think will last 8 minutes. The specific sub-classes would require some basics like F1 has to run F1 style body and tires.
Autoscore may not handle the points the way we like, so they may be adjusted at the end of the season.
This is an exhibition class and no daily or series prizes will be given.

As with the other classes, there must be at least three entries total in the Le Mans classes to run that class.

There is work being done to try and start a multi track on-road series. More info as it progresses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.