Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSS 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

looking forward to the race, chad always puts up a killer track. Trying to make it out there to help, this week is gone Leaving thursday for the Can-Am. but Chadwick will make it out to lend a hand next week for sure..

and I just caught your sig
Chad
Moogen
MBX6-T, DEX410, DEX210
Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

I cant wait for this one to go down last year show up early to see crystal with baby on her back driving a tracker and then chad drive a roller with baby on his back is that kid old enought to race yet lol see u soon get her done ninja
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Locals are defiantly wanting to run 2wd, whats the consensus?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well, as race director, maybe it is time for you to sit down and do some math.
4 rounds of quals
7 min heats
4 min avg between heats
lunch break
truggy - 1-2 heats
buggy Nitro - 3-4 heats
buggy Elec - 2 (Maybe 3) heats - since last weekend i have heard that two more people have cars on hold or on order
Truggy Elec - not so sure
2wd SC - 1 heat
4wd SC - 1 heat
2wd 1/10 added class - 2 heats

Figure out the timing, make a schedule, and stick to it.
And here is the most important part - Setup early afternoon Friday and try to get the system dialed. That way there are no delays on Saturday
Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trevinator
Well, as race director, maybe it is time for you to sit down and do some math.
4 rounds of quals
7 min heats
4 min avg between heats
lunch break
truggy - 1-2 heats
buggy Nitro - 3-4 heats
buggy Elec - 2 (Maybe 3) heats - since last weekend i have heard that two more people have cars on hold or on order
Truggy Elec - not so sure
2wd SC - 1 heat
4wd SC - 1 heat
2wd 1/10 added class - 2 heats

Figure out the timing, make a schedule, and stick to it.
And here is the most important part - Setup early afternoon Friday and try to get the system dialed. That way there are no delays on Saturday

What he said....
Old 04-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

I setup the system Thursday before the race, I have an day long appointment friday

I'll think about a schedule and what not today, still going to be using the start times outlined in the Lunsford thread.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeO
Locals are defiantly wanting to run 2wd, whats the consensus?
the consensus would be to do a head count and see who shows up with what and after sigh ups you should know whos who and how many.. Wouldnt it be cool to have 20 or more in each class and 100 or more nitro running 20 min heats. we could make it a week end...
Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chucko
nitro running 20 min heats. .
20 minute Nitro heat races? I like the sound of that,but im pretty sure we wont have that kinda time.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Alright.....fellas....piggy backing on what "chucko" mentioned, we will encourage racers to "bring em out"....and see what comes. We have many cars to run and hopefully many classes also....bring em out and we will get a "head count" to see what we are working with....

I will be honest though....if 3-4 2wd trucks show up AND are already running other classes we will NOT run them.....this is just limited to time. I am all for guys bringing rigs out and running them....

This year will be a little tighter ship as far as a "time format" goes.....there will be a start time and we will stick to it....granted any unannounced hiccups...

I am excited for the season to kick off....Brian and I have been getting some work done on the track...hopefully by the end of this week/weekend....I will have some photos and/or video up to tease you guys a little ...like I said, hopefully.....if work gets in the way it will be a little bit longer....we have made some changes to the layout and will make for some good times.........

Just a heads up....all of this would not be accomplished without the patience and understanding of Crystal, her mom, Lesley, (who let us build a track on her horse pasture)...and the neighbor who is letting us use his awesome skid steer to help with the track build....

Looking forward to seeing you all down (up) here for some good action...until then.......

Chad
Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

let the boy play with his toy lol it going to be good i cant tell and chad in charge tooo

get her done
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Burma Shave
Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rpmhobbies
Alright.....fellas....piggy backing on what "chucko" mentioned, we will encourage racers to "bring em out"....and see what comes. We have many cars to run and hopefully many classes also....bring em out and we will get a "head count" to see what we are working with....

I will be honest though....if 3-4 2wd trucks show up AND are already running other classes we will NOT run them.....this is just limited to time. I am all for guys bringing rigs out and running them....

This year will be a little tighter ship as far as a "time format" goes.....there will be a start time and we will stick to it....granted any unannounced hiccups...

I am excited for the season to kick off....Brian and I have been getting some work done on the track...hopefully by the end of this week/weekend....I will have some photos and/or video up to tease you guys a little ...like I said, hopefully.....if work gets in the way it will be a little bit longer....we have made some changes to the layout and will make for some good times.........

Just a heads up....all of this would not be accomplished without the patience and understanding of Crystal, her mom, Lesley, (who let us build a track on her horse pasture)...and the neighbor who is letting us use his awesome skid steer to help with the track build....

Looking forward to seeing you all down (up) here for some good action...until then.......

Chad
After getting back from the first round of the NCT's this weekend all I have to say is wow. The RCCW crew up there in Winatchee ran a very tight ship and even with the amount of entries they had we made 3 rounds of quals (granted it was under the lights) Each qual had a 2 min warm up with 1 min in between each heat. when time started to get short they dropped to a 1 min warm up and 1 min in between heats. And Nitro got the short end of the stick being the second half of the program (they ran all electric classes first). But this still made for a great weekend of racing anyway.
Our format at the Oregon races has always been laid back and that is what makes our races so nice, you are not running you butt off all day. With that said alot can be said for the guys that work hard to put together our series races. The main time saver I saw was the way they ran marshaling.

Buckets on the track with associated numbers, after you came off the stand you went to the bucket of your car number. If you needed to wrench your sub went to your number. If you were not on your bucket they doc'd time. This is a great way to make sure that everyone is out there and with a quickness. Come off the stand drop your radio on the table and go marshal.

Cant wait to see everyone at rd 1 and do some racing.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default TEAM G RACING

We would like to sponcer both nitro buggy and electric buggy by giving the top 3 places in both class's a quart Byrons gen 3 fuel.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vafian
We would like to sponcer both nitro buggy and electric buggy by giving the top 3 places in both class's a quart Byrons gen 3 fuel.
My E-Buggy doesn't have a fuel tank.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trevinator
My E-Buggy doesn't have a fuel tank.
But your nitro buggy does!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.