Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSS 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will hoist a six pack of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA tonight in memory of the Great Bend track
Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suprdave
I will hoist a six pack of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA tonight in memory of the Great Bend track
Well that solves the mistery of you're breath.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wmwracing
Well that solves the mistery of you're breath.

Yes good beer will do that. Question is...why does yours smell like ass
Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for taking this on Chad, I can imagine all the difficulties involved in getting this organized.

And as he said, yes we NEED lots of help right away to get the track ready for a race this month... First and foremost, if anyone knows where we could rent or borrow a topsoil sifter please let me know!

I have no idea when we can schedule a work party right now - Saturday we are hosting round 3 of the March Meltdown, and Sunday is Easter. I'll be doing whatever I can on Sunday, anyone else that is not doing anything (yeah, right) I'd love to see you. Any other day that is dry, just feel free to stop by. We will likely only have time to get the track cleaned up.

Pat, and everyone else who is dying to find out what happened, I really don't know myself. The only facts I know is that Bend is not able to host a race this year, but HDRC will be back next year with the new facility being built in Redmond in conjunction with their Parks & Rec dept - most of you have already read up on that and many likely know more about it than me.

Chad and I need lots of support right now to get the OSS ball rolling back in the right direction. Any criticisms (even justifiable) you might have should, if possible, wait until you can talk face to face with Rev or Chad. The current plan was devised so as to disrupt the schedule as little as can be.

I will, and am sure Chad will too, try to answer any questions you might have. Though I naturally cannot guarantee we will have an answer. About the only other thing I can say is that there is no politicking going on behind the scenes. All anybody wants is to have a great racing series that everyone can enjoy. On that note, I think I will go see if I can get me a sixer of Rogue Mocha Porter and join Dave in spirit in toasting the Bend track.

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Everyone..I know people are probably scratching their heads....like I previously stated, we can answer in a little more detail at the races....long story short Bend had a neighbor lady get upset and contact the county...the county has kinda put the kabash on the track until cetain "paperwork" was straightened out, (this is from what I gather).The track is still there. I still dont know all the details....I was contacted and asked if I could help...of course I would.

Rev, Turtle and the Bend crew are still involved just as much...they are just not going to be hosting races this year...They already have a deal with Redmond parks and recs as many know...

I am just trying to help and accomodate in anyway possible so we can all drive and have fun!!

Chad
Old 04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Let's Race... sad to think that there will not be any Bend races this year but we can pitch in to do whatever we can to help. Biggest thing is to keep the tradition going and lend a hand where ever we can to keep it going. So with that said See everyone at the Lunsford race in Lebanon... Rob and Chad thanks a ton for all you guys are doing to keep us all driving.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rpmhobbies
Hey Everyone..I know people are probably scratching their heads....like I previously stated, we can answer in a little more detail at the races....long story short Bend had a neighbor lady get upset and contact the county...the county has kinda put the kabash on the track until cetain "paperwork" was straightened out, (this is from what I gather).The track is still there. I still dont know all the details....I was contacted and asked if I could help...of course I would.

Rev, Turtle and the Bend crew are still involved just as much...they are just not going to be hosting races this year...They already have a deal with Redmond parks and recs as many know...

I am just trying to help and accomodate in anyway possible so we can all drive and have fun!!

Chad

Thanks Chad,

I think all the racers appreciate it!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks Chad. See u all next weekend.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Santiam Hobbies
Thanks for taking this on Chad, I can imagine all the difficulties involved in getting this organized.

And as he said, yes we NEED lots of help right away to get the track ready for a race this month... First and foremost, if anyone knows where we could rent or borrow a topsoil sifter please let me know!

I have no idea when we can schedule a work party right now - Saturday we are hosting round 3 of the March Meltdown, and Sunday is Easter. I'll be doing whatever I can on Sunday, anyone else that is not doing anything (yeah, right) I'd love to see you. Any other day that is dry, just feel free to stop by. We will likely only have time to get the track cleaned up.

Pat, and everyone else who is dying to find out what happened, I really don't know myself. The only facts I know is that Bend is not able to host a race this year, but HDRC will be back next year with the new facility being built in Redmond in conjunction with their Parks & Rec dept - most of you have already read up on that and many likely know more about it than me.

Chad and I need lots of support right now to get the OSS ball rolling back in the right direction. Any criticisms (even justifiable) you might have should, if possible, wait until you can talk face to face with Rev or Chad. The current plan was devised so as to disrupt the schedule as little as can be.

I will, and am sure Chad will too, try to answer any questions you might have. Though I naturally cannot guarantee we will have an answer. About the only other thing I can say is that there is no politicking going on behind the scenes. All anybody wants is to have a great racing series that everyone can enjoy. On that note, I think I will go see if I can get me a sixer of Rogue Mocha Porter and join Dave in spirit in toasting the Bend track.

Cheers!

I didn't know I was dying to find out I just think it is nice to have a line of communication with the racers who are racing this series!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry, I did not have any intentions of offending you. I will refrain from any more comments.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Santiam Hobbies
Sorry, I did not have any intentions of offending you. I will refrain from any more comments.
I am not offended and I also don't mind if you comment as we all have the right to do so. In my opinion the biggest problem with Oregon racing over the last 5 years is communication. Can't wait to race
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I wanna go fast.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

STRIPPERS!!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

the ninja always wants to go fast and new e truggy will do just that let get it on ninja out
Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

why does everyone not want a race track next to them pat and i it is our dream to have one in our front yard or next door so more to woodburn we welcome you oh wait the the fu--ing neighbor complain race on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.