Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW IN DOOR RC TRACK!! * Red Frog RC * Off-road

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have talked with Richard Tunnell (RC Supercross) and Clint (2 brothers Raceway) about using one of their transponder systems for Red Frog this Winter. It's just in the talking stage at this point. I can't make the Izzie's meeting, but you could discuss this as an option. I look forward to seeing the Red Frog crowd again this Fall.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PDXLST
Btw, that route takes you right passed Tammie's Hobbys, the best hobby shop iin the portland area,IMO. (sorry had to get the plug in)
As far as the service at tammies goes, some like it some don't. But the fact remains that Tammies far and away carrys the most upgrades (high end stuff) as well as 1/8th cars and parts.

Dick and Pat @ RC modeler NW seem to be rather averse to carrying any high end stuff. They probably have as much direct replacement parts as tammies but if you want a racing quality engine (OS Vspec,RB,Ninja,etc), a decent 1/8 buggy (Mugen, Kyosho), brand name pipes (Jammin, RB,Nova Rossi), or high end radios (M11, Nomadio) for example your just SOL.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeH
I have talked with Richard Tunnell (RC Supercross) and Clint (2 brothers Raceway) about using one of their transponder systems for Red Frog this Winter. It's just in the talking stage at this point. I can't make the Izzie's meeting, but you could discuss this as an option. I look forward to seeing the Red Frog crowd again this Fall.
If that would happend, that would be great ! Ill bring it up tomorrow.

Hows racing going for you Mike ? have you gone pro yet ?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Location: I dont race that LST anymore I'm Just to lazy to change my Screen name

That would be really awsome. Maybe after the winter season the club could have enough $$$ to buy one for itself. I have a feeling this would help keep people though the summer months. maybe just a thought.

Bernt- Nothing like some good ole trash talking eh? I know you are fast and hope to just try to hang with ya. I've just always been a losi guy and always will be.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

PDXLST : check your pm;s
Old 07-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Stewart Fan and I had talked about loaning/Renting out our AMB20 system as well, something to talk about for sure. We got a good deal on ours and may be looking to upgrade next year so there may be an option to sell it as well, who knows, again something to talk about

May have ta stop into Tammies, never been there before, see what my competition is... LOL, not like I try and compete in size, not really wanting to do that, guarantee I have best prices though, so I got something going for me eh....

We will see you Guys at 7pm

Chris
Old 07-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Chris, that would be cool for you to rent your transponders to RF

Chris and/or RF peeps, do your systems support PT's??

Originally Posted by stavman
May have ta stop into Tammies, never been there before, see what my competition is.............. guarantee I have best prices though, so I got something going for me eh....
Chris
Not much of a challenge to beat tammies prices though.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Mine is an AMB20 system. Hand out transponders only. There are 20, well 19 1 has a toast battery that needs to be sent in ta fix, and you just pass em out as needed, and you must returne em after each heat. Kinda a pain but once everyone knows its pretty smooth, usualy 2 or 3 guys, every heat who forget, I mean the same 3 guys LOL so ya just smack em and its all good

Works real well, stop buy on Saturday 728max and check it out

chris
Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

If anyone wants personal transponders that work with the AMB20 system, you can get them here: http://www.team-mrt.com/ Not exactly a PT, but rather a synthesized transponder that you can change from 1 to 10.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

New official Red Frog thread here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122885

All updates and discussion will be located at the new thread. Please direct all future postings to the new thread. Thanks!

-

Chris Miller
Red Frog RC Club