Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree38Likes

tcs in washington

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well better later than never I guess. To answer your Question John, We are going to give it a shot & see what happens. I suggest watching the weather channel to see how it looks in the morning. I know you have a long drive & I don't blame you if you don't show. We'll miss ya...
I hope I can clear up some confusion about our club races.
We will be following the SRCR rules & format when it comes to the classes.

Here is a list of the classes we offer.
Novice:
Off Road Truck:
VTA:
Mini:
GT3: AKA scale speck
GT2: AKA stock touring
GT1: this is a 13.5 class but we treat it as Mod
FF:

When it comes to the TCS, those rules are sett buy Tamiya & I have no control over them. We will also be offering the new Euro Truck class if any of you have one, I do & I will be bringing it with me tomorrow. I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of things but I will try to cover them at the drivers meeting.
If the weather holds out & we do race, don't forget we have to fill out all the paperwork again. I know it's a pain but we have to do it. Don't hesitate to remind me if I forgot something.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ScruffyRuss
Well better later than never I guess. To answer your Question John, We are going to give it a shot & see what happens. I suggest watching the weather channel to see how it looks in the morning. I know you have a long drive & I don't blame you if you don't show. We'll miss ya...
I hope I can clear up some confusion about our club races.
We will be following the SRCR rules & format when it comes to the classes.

Here is a list of the classes we offer.
Novice:
Off Road Truck:
VTA:
Mini:
GT3: AKA scale speck
GT2: AKA stock touring
GT1: this is a 13.5 class but we treat it as Mod
FF:

When it comes to the TCS, those rules are sett buy Tamiya & I have no control over them. We will also be offering the new Euro Truck class if any of you have one, I do & I will be bringing it with me tomorrow. I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of things but I will try to cover them at the drivers meeting.
If the weather holds out & we do race, don't forget we have to fill out all the paperwork again. I know it's a pain but we have to do it. Don't hesitate to remind me if I forgot something.
Hi Russ, this is Ray. Thanks for clearing up the rules. Im glad galaxy will continue with the TCS ruleset for club racing. Nothing wrong with SRCR rules, its just as a TCS regional location, it made sense.

Weather wise, hmmmmm... i'll pack my things...

Last edited by vapourtrail; 04-23-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's looking nice this morning, but the afternoon has me worried. I'll be there and see what happens.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hi All, is there an update for today? Just looking for the latest news.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sunday is looking great for some racing!
Old 05-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwg191
Sunday is looking great for some racing!
You're gonna jinx it!
Old 05-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All, I'm prep'ing my Mini (M05) and TA05 for sale if anyone is interested. Possibly ready to roll if you have an Airtronics radio. Will be posting in the NW For Sale site the next few days. Will also have an M04 Mini roller for real cheap.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Had a great time at Galaxy today!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Sunday's race results

I've attached the results of Sunday's mains, and for those who couldn't make it to the track, a photo of a track layout from last year that is pretty close to what we ran.

For those who haven't heard of the Euro Truck class, it is a new Tamiya box-stock class for ... Euro Trucks. See the attached photo of a full-scale Euro Truck race. The Tamiya Euro Truck body is very trick looking; Russ did an especially nice job on his. The kits for this class are Tamiya 58632 and 58642. This kit includes the TT01E chassis, the body, realistic wheels and tires, an ESC, a brushed motor, and a pinion gear, all of which must be used as-is. The class uses a spec "stick" (rounded case, Reedy Wolfpack or Peak Powermax) battery. The *only* legal hop up is to install ball bearings. So you need to buy the kit (under $150), bearings, the battery (about $30), then supply a servo and radio gear that you probably have already. Very inexpensive spec racing.

Yesterday there were two rally cars in the (not Euro) Truck class. Here's a plug for my HPI WR8: This beast is my favorite drive at Galaxy. I enjoy it even more than Mini, which I love and which is so well suited to Galaxy; the WR8 is another perfect fit to this track. My WR8 runs the RTR power unit, which is an HPI-branded Castle 4-pole motor and an HPI-branded Castle speedo. It has plenty of power, and makes a distinctive ringing sound with its Mod-1 steel spur/pinion! It is also quite nimble for such a tall, heavy thing. It rewards being smooth. Come see me at the next Galaxy club race and you can try it.

It was very cool that the novice class had six entries yesterday!

We had beautiful weather Sunday; let's hope for the same in two weeks.
Attached Thumbnails tcs in washington-galaxy-track-layout-2016-08-07.jpg   tcs in washington-euro-trucks.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2017 05 07 Galaxy club race.pdf (258.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 05-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Mini M05 Pro Ver 2 For Sale

M05 Pro V2 with all the hop-ups and various diff options. Comes with
- Futaba S9550 servo
- Hobbywing ESC
- Airtronics receiver
- 2 Protek Lipo batteries
- Yeah Racing fan
- Extra M05 chassis
- Spare parts
- Swift body
- 3 set of tires
- R1 21.5T motor

All for $200. PM me if interested. Local pickup north end. Will be at Galaxy this Sunday. Ron
Attached Thumbnails tcs in washington-20170519_142338.jpg   tcs in washington-20170519_142349.jpg  

Last edited by Blue Sky; 05-23-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Today's race results

We had great weather today and great racing with 47 entries. We had nine Euro-trucks bouncing around the track today, and I know there are more out there getting ready. Really nice to see this class taking off. Note: It is a good idea to glue the Euro-truck tires to the wheels! They seem like a tight fit but aren't tight enough for racing. We had a tire come off during the racing two weeks ago, and again today.

One note on the race results: The first three finishers in Mini main were running the larger FWD cars; the rest were actual Minis.

I think the consensus was that today's layout was a keeper. The right side in particular was a ton of fun with a little chicane heading toward the bridge that really rewarded the correct line and kept the speeds down in this area. Sadly I didn't get a photo of the layout, rails and all, but the spray pattern was still there and I think you'll be able to see where the key dots were located. (This shot was taken from the light pole that's just to the right of the bridge.) See what you think.
Attached Thumbnails tcs in washington-galaxy-track-layout-2017-05-21.jpg  
Attached Files
Galaxy club race 2017 05 21.pdf (374.1 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by MarkBrown; 05-24-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've got a Euro-truck in the works. Hopefully up and running for the race after this weekend. If I get a chance I'll swing by Sunday to check things out. Need to do some research to see what a good paint color would be. What time do people start showing up for setup? About what time does the racing start?

What's the transponder situation up at Galaxy these days? I've got an old "AMBrc DP" personal transponder (2 wire, late 90's or so) that I'm hoping to use if still compatible.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
I've got a Euro-truck in the works. Hopefully up and running for the race after this weekend. If I get a chance I'll swing by Sunday to check things out. Need to do some research to see what a good paint color would be. What time do people start showing up for setup? About what time does the racing start?

What's the transponder situation up at Galaxy these days? I've got an old "AMBrc DP" personal transponder (2 wire, late 90's or so) that I'm hoping to use if still compatible.

Your transponder should work fine at any track, as the timing systems have been updated they have maintained backwards compatibility to the older transponders.

Racing starts at noon with track setup starting between 10 and 1030.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Today's race results

We had another beautiful day for racing today, with a smaller turnout of 37 entries; Memorial Day hangover? Great to see the healthy turnout of seven novice racers.

The track layout was the same as last time, and this time I remembered to take a photo before we picked up the road rails.

The coolest Euro truck today featured stick-on googly eyes and a pink Lyft mustache. Right in the spirit of the thing.

We ran the FWDs (Justin's, Franko's, and mine) with the GT3s today. They got along quite well with each other.
Attached Thumbnails tcs in washington-2017-06-04-galaxy-track-layout.jpg  
Attached Files
2017 06 04 Galaxy club race.pdf (255.3 KB, 318 views)
Old 06-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Really enjoyed today's layout, the section between the back straight and bridge was a great rhythm section....if you had the traction you could really fly through there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.