Like Tree38Likes

tcs in washington

Old 05-31-2019, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Resulst From 5-19-20109

So work has been keeping me super busy & I totally forgot to post the results from the last race. Better late then never I guess.
I'm glad Harlan had a good time & I can't wait to watch his progress. Team Anderson should be a force to recon with.
Thanks for the kind words Ray. It was great to have you back on the track. It's been to long...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Results 5-19-2019.pdf (608.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

So with the recent news of Galaxy closing the doors, whats happenening with this racing schedule?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sad to hear ... Fantasy world and now Galaxy.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GL73MAN View Post
So with the recent news of Galaxy closing the doors, whats happenening with this racing schedule?
From Galaxy's FB page: "Our final RC parking lot race will be Father’s Day June 16th, so be sure to stop by and check it out, or if you’re racing with us we’ll see you then!"
Tiny.24 likes this.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Racing at Gallaxy & the TCS.

Thanks for posting that update Mark. I just wasn't able to get to it before you. And yes with the sad closing of Galaxy Hobbies, the last race will be on the 16th. But I was told that we have permission to use the parking lot to hold the regional TCS. Everyone including myself will have to provide their own source of power. And also, this might not be the end of racing here in the North Sound because there are people trying to come up with some solutions so that we can still provide some fun racing up in this area. I will try and be more diligent about keeping everyone updated on our situation. If anyone has any questions for me please feel free to post them here or you're more than welcome to just send me a p.m. .
Old 06-07-2019, 06:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScruffyRuss View Post
Thanks for posting that update Mark. I just wasn't able to get to it before you. And yes with the sad closing of Galaxy Hobbies, the last race will be on the 16th. But I was told that we have permission to use the parking lot to hold the regional TCS. Everyone including myself will have to provide their own source of power. And also, this might not be the end of racing here in the North Sound because there are people trying to come up with some solutions so that we can still provide some fun racing up in this area. I will try and be more diligent about keeping everyone updated on our situation. If anyone has any questions for me please feel free to post them here or you're more than welcome to just send me a p.m. .
Hi Russ
I understand you have permission to use the parking lot... But I don't know how is possible to hold the Regional TCS without the retailer store the sell and support Tamiya USA!
I wish you luck..
Old 06-07-2019, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default TCS

That's a great Point Franco. I'm not quite sure how we're going to pull that off. One of the things I can tell you is that Mike and Sue have a very good relationship with Tamiya. Not just Tamiya USA but with Tamiya Japan.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

That's a great Point Franco. I'm not quite sure how we're going to pull that off. One of the things I can tell you is that Mike and Sue have a very good relationship with Tamiya. Not just Tamiya USA but with Tamiya Japan.
I am sure they do have good relationship with Tamiya

Last edited by OVA; 06-08-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Let's make this Regionals one to remember. I think we all owe it to Mike and the crew to give the biggest and best send-off that we can, and what better race to do it at then TCS.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:43 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Let's make this Regionals one to remember. I think we all owe it to Mike and the crew to give the biggest and best send-off that we can, and what better race to do it at then TCS.

Nobody don't really know what might happen later down the line..TCS or not

Old 06-17-2019, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Resulst from 6-2-2019

Here are the results fro the results from the race on 6-2-2019
Attached Files
Results 6-2-2019.pdf (653.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Resulst from 6-16-2019

Oops, plus the ones from yesterday. Just to let everyone know, the TCS is officially still on. Mike informed me that Tamiya is still willing to sponsor the race & will be sending prizes. We will be holding the race in the Galaxy Hobby's parking lot just like the last few years, Sunday July 21 2019. Racing will start earlier than normal so be sure to arrive nice & early. Please provide your own power. Also, just because the store is closing douse NOT mean the racing program is going away. Collin Miller's non-profit organization has purchased all of the equipment & we will be holding races again. He is working on some insurance paperwork now but we have already procured a spot to hold our races. We have a location at the Lynnwood high school that they are willing to rent to us @ a very reasonable cost for the day. Once the paperwork is finished we mite be able to get in a few more races this summer. After the race yesterday Collin, Alex, Josh & myself went & took a look at the new spot. I think it's going to work great & the asphalt is in pretty nice condition. Not perfect but it's smooth & we should be able to run F1 with no issues.There are onsite restrooms, plenty of parking & just like the Seatack track, there's grass. I will try to get some photos up this week for you all to take a look at. Thank you guys for the support & we can't wait to see everyone at TCS,
Attached Files
20190617070251977.pdf (693.8 KB, 51 views)
OVA likes this.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:46 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Oops, plus the ones from yesterday. Just to let everyone know, the TCS is officially still on. Mike informed me that Tamiya is still willing to sponsor the race & will be sending prizes. We will be holding the race in the Galaxy Hobby's parking lot just like the last few years, Sunday July 21 2019. Racing will start earlier than normal so be sure to arrive nice & early. Please provide your own power. Also, just because the store is closing douse NOT mean the racing program is going away. Collin Miller's non-profit organization has purchased all of the equipment & we will be holding races again. He is working on some insurance paperwork now but we have already procured a spot to hold our races. We have a location at the Lynnwood high school that they are willing to rent to us @ a very reasonable cost for the day. Once the paperwork is finished we mite be able to get in a few more races this summer. After the race yesterday Collin, Alex, Josh & myself went & took a look at the new spot. I think it's going to work great & the asphalt is in pretty nice condition. Not perfect but it's smooth & we should be able to run F1 with no issues.There are onsite restrooms, plenty of parking & just like the Seatack track, there's grass. I will try to get some photos up this week for you all to take a look at. Thank you guys for the support & we can't wait to see everyone at TCS,
great news...
Old 06-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Nice work on keeping the north end scene rolling. Don't hesitate to reach out to SRCR for help with getting the new program going at Lynnwood High School.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Nice work on keeping the north end scene rolling. Don't hesitate to reach out to SRCR for help with getting the new program going at Lynnwood High School.
Thanks Todd! We'll definitely take you up on that offer. We're excited to see how we can build the program and work together and hopefully drive attendance across the board.

We also heard back today that the Lynnwood HS location is booked through the summer, so the search for a spot to race after TCS is back on. Collin is doing a great job making connections and scouting locations, so as soon as we get our ducks in a row, we'll make sure to communicate as best as possible. We'll be opening up some channels that should be easy for everyone across social media platforms and here at RCTech. Keep your eyes peeled for updates because we should have some soon*.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.