Wiki Posts
Search

If you were building a carpet track from scratch

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? If you were building a carpet track from scratch

Hey guys, I'm working on a new carpet track in the Eugene area for the winter. Don't have a lot of details yet but I have a verbal commitment from a property owner who has multiple vacant buildings. I wanted to start this thread to solicit advise on what makes a good facility. Ron smith is the man as far as I'm concerned and our racing programs to date have benefited from RC Plus's fine example.
If you had a blank slate what would you like to see? Big dads had UHMW when they opened, thought that was cool, calandras barrier system seems very functional. I have unlimited access to plastic pipe but that can be tough on cars. I remember the 1/12 scle track Brian Bodine used to have at the N/W model expo, radius laminated 2x4's seem nice. Feel free to chime in on preferencs or suggestions. I also am looking for input for carpet. I've price Calandra's but have found I can source O-zite locally. I know it's not the same (per calandra) Anyone have any thoughts?

BTW, Not trying to be secretive on it's location, The tanked RV industry has lots of vacant buildings in our area and I still need to weigh the options. It looks very promising tho, may even have enough room at this new facility for multiple tracks , the owners are big kids and are exited about my ideas
Please try to keep this thread on track and constructive
Old 08-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EugeneJohn
Hey guys, I'm working on a new carpet track in the Eugene area for the winter. Don't have a lot of details yet but I have a verbal commitment from a property owner who has multiple vacant buildings. I wanted to start this thread to solicit advise on what makes a good facility. Ron smith is the man as far as I'm concerned and our racing programs to date have benefited from RC Plus's fine example.
If you had a blank slate what would you like to see? Big dads had UHMW when they opened, thought that was cool, calandras barrier system seems very functional. I have unlimited access to plastic pipe but that can be tough on cars. I remember the 1/12 scle track Brian Bodine used to have at the N/W model expo, radius laminated 2x4's seem nice. Feel free to chime in on preferencs or suggestions. I also am looking for input for carpet. I've price Calandra's but have found I can source O-zite locally. I know it's not the same (per calandra) Anyone have any thoughts?

BTW, Not trying to be secretive on it's location, The tanked RV industry has lots of vacant buildings in our area and I still need to weigh the options. It looks very promising tho, may even have enough room at this new facility for multiple tracks , the owners are big kids and are exited about my ideas
Please try to keep this thread on track and constructive
awesome john!!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
awesome john!!
Want to come race carpet Monty?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cool, another oregon on road track. Get it done and ill be there with my cars.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Suspended

For carpet racing, I always prefer shag. If you use shag there is a lot less chance of traction role.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Eugene Jim smells of the same turd as Vector Victor. Remember that episode when PRCR opened.............

Jacko
Old 08-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Eugene Jim smells of the same turd as Vector Victor. Remember that episode when PRCR opened.............

Jacko
Agreed.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Victor Vector

Jacko
apparently your in his sights too, check out his signature line, on a positive note , made a handshake deal on the new indoor location tonight, looks VERY promising, really jazzed about vintage TA there. Broke out my FK05 i picked up from goingfast before SIR went away. cool thing is buildings got a ventilation system and the owner likes the mell of wintergreen so paragons in.
Sedans
World GT
Vintage TA
and of course long live 1/12 scale

anyone interested in carpet oval around here?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EugeneJohn
cool thing is buildings got a ventilation system and the owner likes the smell of wintergreen, so paragons in.
Sedans
World GT
Vintage TA
and of course long live 1/12 scale

anyone interested in carpet oval around here?
A new track AND Paragon...!!!!!! SWEET!!!

As far as Oval....... You would be my hero! lol
Old 08-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Suspended

That will make two carpet tracks in the Eugene area. What do you guys think about making some sort of onroad tour. I think John is game, and I will talk to Ron at RC Plus.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:22 PM

Victor Vector

ROAR 11-103837 - Timezone Hooligans
Corally Phi 09, Sweep Racing.com, Mugen MTX4r, RB5
Rose City Scale Racing, Hanger 30, PRCR
IBEW Local 48 Mub Ay Pu

EugeneJim

ROAR 11-103827 - Timezone Hooligans
Corally Phi 09, Sweep Racing.com, Mugen MTX4r, RB5
Rose City Scale Racing, Hanger 30, PRCR

IBEW Local 48 Mub Ay Pu

BOTH “IBEW Local 48 Mub Ay Pu” AND ROAR # ARE 10 APART,
DO YOU SMELL THAT.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

BANKING! I WANT BANKING!

TTFN,
Grem
Old 08-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EugeneJim
For carpet racing, I always prefer shag. If you use shag there is a lot less chance of traction role.

will someone figure out who this idiot is already
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Wow John big news. What happen to having it down here in the Grove... with a shop 2 feet away?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Seems like the biggest luxury at indoor tracks is always space. Gimme lots of it!

Drew - perhaps space was the very reason for the location change? Just a guess.

Found my old Pro 4 Hara ed. Still sealed in the box, so I might just leave it that way... John, can't promise I will show up for carpet. Get indoor 1/10 off road going this winter and I'll show up as often as I can!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.