Wiki Posts
Search

RCSX 2010 new year new thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RCSX 2010 new year new thread

Last season saw alot of ups and downs, where does the club stand and where are we gonna race this season. The simple truth right now is I don't have a firm location but am looking into multiple locations and weighing our options. As far as building a new track, yes it'll happen RCSX isn't moving South, In fact , There has been talk of Albany but that presents problems too. If all goes well I may announce a spot in North Eugene that may be a dream location with RV parking great topsoil and even access to food and drinks.

No matter where we are my vision for RCSX will be a new emphasis on Fun an Family with ALOT of CORR truck , Friday night electrics (maybe even with lights this time) and participation in a new State wide series called the Oregon RC Nitro Tour. I also want to extend a hand to the crawler folk that have been around lately, RCSX should be more an association with varied interests not just to facilitate a track. We might even have a meeting or 2. I also plan on hosting comps with maybe even a larger event on the pass this spring when the weather warms up.

Keep watching for updates in the weeks to come It's gonna be a great year!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

John has a VISION!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Let's do it!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

WOW!!! I just got off the phone with John, and we are SERIOUSLY looking good for the coming season! I have not been this excited about a coming race season in a long time!

Look for an AMAZING announcement coming at some point this weekend from Mr. Demmings!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hopefully something works out. Keep us posted.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

There will be some sick tracks !!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default we found a new home (and it's F#%&ING COOL!!!)

Greetings everyone, I am pleased to annouce RC Supercross has a a new home. You've probably seen Nate post on the crawler forums, Nate,David Swing and I met with the owner of the Harrisburg Offroad Park and have secured the use of roughly 2 acres to build the biggest baddest track oregon has ever seen! We have immediate permission to dismantle our existing facility and store it on a corner of the 30 acre complex just North of Harrisburg ( it’s actually the border property for the city of Harrisburg, recently rezoned to allow an offroad motorsports complex). We have a lot of details to work out but it all starts with a handshake. The owner and I share a vision of being the northwests premier destination for all things offroad. The property currently hosts full scale 1:1 rock crawler comps and has rc crawler courses . Nate has already posted a cash comp on 5-23 so were already on the map.

There’s a lot still up in the air but I wanted to let everyone in on the good news. We will have multi day events with the new Nitro tour, lots of club racing , Crawler comps and a big 4th of July three day event wich will run together with a full scale 1:1 comp that weekend (last year there was they had 1500 people through the gate). Needless to say I’m very exited to make this announcement and am looking forward to another GREAT season here in our own back yard. Watch for more news and a couple of new threads . We’ll need to set a date for a club meeting next month and adress dues and plans for the new season.

Thankyou for your continued support.

John Demings

RCSX Steering committee

Oregon RC Nitro Tour Series Director
Old 02-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

in case all of the members haven't figured it out yet, we are really, really lucky to have john. He has made last year a great year of club racing at our old facility, along with dealing with losing our facility and finding a new place that sounds like it will surpass what we have had in the past. Thanks for all of you efforts John! I can't wait for the possibilities. Call me if you need some help with anything.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Told ya it was good!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by hobdog
in case all of the members haven't figured it out yet, we are really, really lucky to have john. He has made last year a great year of club racing at our old facility, along with dealing with losing our facility and finding a new place that sounds like it will surpass what we have had in the past. Thanks for all of you efforts John! I can't wait for the possibilities. Call me if you need some help with anything.
Deffinately! If it wasn't for a few guys stepping up ther wouldn't be any racing. Thanks for all the effort!!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

+1. John's the man.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Prophet

go johnny go go go
Old 02-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Prophet

I would definitely spend the extra hour and a half to drive to the rcsx facility !!

It will be well worth the trip
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
I would definitely spend the extra hour and a half to drive to the rcsx facility !!

It will be well worth the trip
Room in the mini van for one more?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RCSX

I have raced at the old spot a few times. Great times !!! It's a 4 hr drive for me. I will def. do my best to be there this yr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.