Wiki Posts
Search

WGT drivers only.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
tonights the night boys, be there or be square, pizza, pan cars, and corner diving. don't miss out.
and don't forget about tomorrows meeting at homers on elmers way. I mean elmers on homser.
Something has come up I will not be able to make tonight or tomorrow.. Let Jose know that I will not make it tomorrow. You can cast my vote.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow! after all that, the wheel is still round!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

tonights the night boys, be there or be square, pizza, pan cars, and corner diving. don't miss out.
and don't forget about tomorrows meeting at homers on elmers way. I mean elmers on homser.
So after some serious contemplation of your above post and my previous posts on the subject I have come to the following conclusion: There needs to be a single spec'd power plant, period, starting now and only changed if needed this time next year. If that means lipo or 4 cell I don't care. My personal preference is 4 cell not because I have a 10r5 but because that is the current national spec and I see no point in reinventing the wheel. If lipo is chosen then the speed needs to be kept similar to the current 4 cell/13.5 combo regardless of track size. Faster motors on larger tracks do not promote the same close racing as a slower motor on a smaller track.

Secondly, when contemplating the longevity of the class, one needs to ask if this is a beginners class, a racers class or a "fun" class. All three are not mutually exclusive but I believe that only one will result in the long term success of the class.

It has been said that if you don't like rules of the class that were previously established then don't run it. There are plenty of other classes to run. It may be time to listen to that advise. With that said, I await the results of the Elmer's summit.

Now who wants to run some Beetle Cup?

PS this was not directed at you Ritchie but to everyone in general.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Talking with Scotty Ernst last week at Novak. he is letting this carpet seasonfinish up, and is going to move to 3.7v single cell lipo/13.5 for the WGT. Also mentioned that he will run the first ever 3.7v/13.5 12th scale class at this years IIC....

Looks like it's time to buy another battery.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamWolfHobbies
So you all know. I was at the novak race a week ago and talked to Scotty about WGT. He came up with the class and he said that the rules will be changing soon.

Single cell lipo and 13.5
The vegas race will be lipo only
Originally Posted by mkdut
There needs to be a single spec'd power plant, period, starting now and only changed if needed this time next year..... My personal preference is 4 cell not because I have a 10r5 but because that is the current national spec and I see no point in reinventing the wheel.
If the first post is correct, then the 4 cell may not be spec much longer. I think the "single power source" needs to be whichever brings the best health to the class. Health meaning numbers of racers that enjoy the class. It doesn't have to be new racers necessarily just overall interest to the hobby. As classes open up, racers move around and classes that were dominated with more experianced racers are more open and others are more inclinded to move around.

So Mike, do you think that if the 2S 17.5 is the choice then a clearly lower powered option (13.5 4cell in this case) should not be allowed to run at all?

I'm inclined to agree with Ritchie, spec the LiPo and allow a lower power option, even the other way around and allowing the 21.5 I'd be game for. To spec 7.4V LiPo alone and not allow 4 cells would be a mistake IMO.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

WELL, seeing as we all look to Scotty Ernst for guidence and wisdom, apparently he doesn't think the class is to slow as he is going to be slowing it down even more. thats really gonna hurt the already dismal turnout at the novak race.

SO, I'm thinking maybe we just need to what is best for FW and screw what the rest of the area/state/country is doing.

should be a interesting meeting. then again.......
Old 01-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

WELL, seeing as we all look to Scotty Ernst for guidence and wisdom, apparently he doesn't think the class is to slow as he is going to be slowing it down even more. thats really gonna hurt the already dismal turnout at the novak race.

SO, I'm thinking maybe we just need to what is best for FW and screw what the rest of the area/state/country is doing.

should be a interesting meeting. then again.......
agreed
Old 01-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I thought 188 entries at the Novak was good
Old 01-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

dave, just referencing these to posts with my last one

Originally Posted by MAD916
Regarding the 17.5 and 7.4v being too fast. It did not seem that the class was created as another novice class.

We will be at Trackside Hobbies for the Novak Race next weekend and will talking with Scotty Ernst the "Father of WGT" to get his opinions...
Originally Posted by MAD916

Also look at the entry list at the NOVAK race.... WGT is the smallest class, while just a month an half ago at Cleveland it was one of the largest????????????????????????????????????????
Old 01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Fantasy World WGT will be............

4cell 13.5
Old 01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

4cell 13.5
Weird, I would not have guessed that one.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

I just showed them your post. done deal
Old 01-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

I just showed them your post. done deal
Ha Ha, that's a good one!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

4cell 13.5
Good thing thats not the case at the "other track". IMO there'd be at least 4 less WGT's there if that was the case....funny thing is, all 4 ran other classes at FW last year also.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Good thing thats not the case at the "other track". IMO there'd be at least 4 less WGT's there if that was the case....funny thing is, all 4 ran other classes at FW last year also.
Don't be a Beatch Kevin, play nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.