Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new track in the northwest

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool. I think I will stop by w/ my slash for a few runs this weekend too. Supposed to be really nice out.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

there are no pits, there is no drivers stand (yet), there is no elec close by. I used the power from the motorcross booth. If you have a 100ft power cable please bring it with you on saturday. lets atleast have a couple of chargers going. I for 1 would like to stay out longer than i did today but the power issue of walking back and forth just wasn't for me. I will be bringing the slash, truck, and buggy out to play on saturday.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

track will be open for bashing this weekend free of charge. (had a talk with the boss man, kinda pointless to charge if we dont have a drivers stand extra...)

Sorry guys we didnt really think about power out there
But there is 200ft of cord right inside the sign up booth. I will set it out for you guys this weekend.

It was nice to meet some of you today. Thanks for all the input.

hours are
saturday 9:30am-5pm
sunday 9:30am-5pm

sorry about the short hours but i will be down south racing (motocross) this weekend, so i can stay out there longer for you guys.

have fun!

btw i will take some pictures of the track tomorrow for ya.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

saturdays shaping up to be a good time. i know there are a bunch of guys from RC hobbies in covington with slashes, hopefully they show too.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

just got finished mounting up some new "dirt" dig for the truck, debating on a mod motor.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

I might be dusting off the REVO and coming out there and mess with you electric guys. I can also look at what it would take in the future for electrical needs (pit power, lighting etc.) if my 2 cents are needed. I may even be able to line up some "donated" materials and labor....
Old 10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
just got finished mounting up some new "dirt" dig for the truck, debating on a mod motor.
a 10.5 should be enough to clear the big jump. I kept over shooting it with my 8.5 in my truck and that was with it turned down to 100%
Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry to threadjack guys but there's a benefit race at AREA52 in Carnation this Saturday. I'm not affiliated with the track except to say that it's 100% complete and is an excellent facility. My only motivation for mentioning it is that the more people who show up to race the more fun. Plus you can feel good about 100% of your racing fees (which are cheap!) going to charity. We'll be burnin' some meat on the BBQ as well.

This new track will be there a while and I will race there often I'm sure. But this weekend it seems to make sense to head out to AREA52 and join the group for a "real" race day. Right now the classes are 1/8 buggy and truggy, and Slash. I've got a 1/10 gas truck I'd like to run too but so far no one else wants any action. Right now there should be about 20 (8 to 12 entries per class) people there, hopefully more with no-notice arrivals.

Hope you guys can make it!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0adman
Sorry to threadjack guys but there's a benefit race at AREA52 in Carnation this Saturday. I'm not affiliated with the track except to say that it's 100% complete and is an excellent facility. My only motivation for mentioning it is that the more people who show up to race the more fun. Plus you can feel good about 100% of your racing fees (which are cheap!) going to charity. We'll be burnin' some meat on the BBQ as well.

This new track will be there a while and I will race there often I'm sure. But this weekend it seems to make sense to head out to AREA52 and join the group for a "real" race day. Right now the classes are 1/8 buggy and truggy, and Slash. I've got a 1/10 gas truck I'd like to run too but so far no one else wants any action. Right now there should be about 20 (8 to 12 entries per class) people there, hopefully more with no-notice arrivals.

Hope you guys can make it!
No electric 1/10 (I have already looked). So i'm going to play for free sorry!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loriding69
No electric 1/10 (I have already looked). So i'm going to play for free sorry!
I thought you had a Slash, no? Free indeed - you get what you pay for. Have fun tomorrow. I look forward to checking out that track.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Any chance on getting in there earlier than 10 tommorrow?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rpk19
track will be open for bashing this weekend free of charge. (had a talk with the boss man, kinda pointless to charge if we dont have a drivers stand extra...)
having just spent over $50.00 bucks on new tires and spending all morning charging ALL my batteries and rounding up some guys to show up for a great play day, not to mention baling out on AREA 52, i was very excited about coming out and playing today, unfortunately, the boss man forgot about this conversation. several of us showed up only to be told its going to be $10.00 to play. It was kinda like getting kicked in the nuts. expecting it to be free i didn't bring any money. and wasn't looking forward to going to the cash machine and coming back. however double E had a few bucks to loan, but after going back and forth in my mind and out loud, I decided based on principal it was time to just leave. had i been told it was 10 bucks, then fine i would have just showed and paid. having been told it was going to be free, i felt like i was in the middle of the ole bait and switch. oh well live and learn, hopefully you guys get your ducks in a row, there is great potienal out there, things like this don't make a good first impression. still looking forward to running those new tires, just not this weekend, now where did i put that discharger....
Old 10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skypilot
having just spent over $50.00 bucks on new tires and spending all morning charging ALL my batteries and rounding up some guys to show up for a great play day, not to mention baling out on AREA 52, i was very excited about coming out and playing today, unfortunately, the boss man forgot about this conversation. several of us showed up only to be told its going to be $10.00 to play. It was kinda like getting kicked in the nuts. expecting it to be free i didn't bring any money. and wasn't looking forward to going to the cash machine and coming back. however double E had a few bucks to loan, but after going back and forth in my mind and out loud, I decided based on principal it was time to just leave. had i been told it was 10 bucks, then fine i would have just showed and paid. having been told it was going to be free, i felt like i was in the middle of the ole bait and switch. oh well live and learn, hopefully you guys get your ducks in a row, there is great potienal out there, things like this don't make a good first impression. still looking forward to running those new tires, just not this weekend, now where did i put that discharger....
Well put. I couldn't agree more!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

I will agree, the potential IS there. I think the "track" needs to decide if it will be a bash spot or a race spot. There is a big difference. I paid the $10 bucks since I was there all alone at 9:45 and hadn"t run my REVO in a long time on a "track". I think the track needs to decide which way they want to go, word of mouth spreads fast and it can help or hurt the effort. Did I mention potential? Plenty of space for a bigger track and facilities, room for some asphalt for an on road program and like Ritchie had metioned room to fly too!!! I would be up for another chance for a meet and greet with the higher ups and racers from the area to talk about what it would take to establish something good for around here. The potential could be world class...... all in all I still had some fun.....
Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

I had no fun cause i wasn't able to run. The guy was a serious jerk about it all. I asked him what happened to the free day and his words were "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND DON'T CARE, $10 OR LEAVE" so i left with all the others. The track has great potential but not if the guys there are going to be jerks to people who are trying to get the name out there for them. I believe in giving other chances for wrongs to be righted but, i can almost be certain that if something like this happens again. You can say bye bye to this track of yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.