R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   new track in the northwest (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/245816-new-track-northwest.html)

rpk19 10-04-2008 11:13 PM

new track in the northwest

Hey everyone, i would like you to know that there is a new out door rc car track in kent at pacific raceways.

we will be holding our first open practice next wensday and all next weekend.

It is 10$ (US) gate fee.

track %50 done
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...9/IMG_0122.jpg

track %80 done
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...9/IMG_0120.jpg

31001 144th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98042

if you want anymore info about the track email [email protected] or send me a pm. thanks!

I B RACIN 10-04-2008 11:47 PM

So is there a drivers stand, and a timing system, Because without both you will have a very hard time getting people to show up and pay $10.00 to just bash around on a track.

If this is going to be a real race facilty I welcome it, we don't have a good outdoor track down south.

Who are you and what is your back ground in racing?

Torry Hadley

skypilot 10-04-2008 11:56 PM

what time on wednesday. (i could have pm'ed you, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know)

Shirk 10-05-2008 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by I B RACIN (Post 4905392)
So is there a drivers stand, and a timing system, Because without both you will have a very hard time getting people to show up and pay $10.00 to just bash around on a track.
If this is going to be a real race facilty I welcome it, we don't have a good outdoor track down south.
Who are you and what is your back ground in racing?
Torry Hadley

I agree if there isn't a lap counting system and a drivers stand no one will come.:cry:

rpk19 10-05-2008 07:23 AM

The time is 10am-7pm, drivers stand we are building and, the lap counting system we are going to put in next year when we can hold/host events.

Gliptal 10-05-2008 08:13 AM

whens the stand going to be done?

skypilot 10-05-2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Shirk (Post 4905446)
I agree if there isn't a lap counting system and a drivers stand no one will come.:cry:

never say never/everyone/anyone/no one. its 5 minutes from my house, how can not go check it out.:D gotta remember i'm the guy that races without a transponder, cause its suppose to be fun, not who wins. right?

I B RACIN 10-05-2008 10:05 AM

Richie, that’s very noble of you...LOL, but you and I both know how most racers feel about that, after all it’s a race, the point is to win.

I hope things do work out its only 15mins from my house, but I just don't see alot of people paying 10.00 to just go bash, not racers anyway.

Torry

Elvetsdad 10-05-2008 01:21 PM

You got to start somewhere!!!! Good luck and it would be nice for a "local" outdoor facility (power, pit space and a program)!!! Hopefully it will be dialed in for next spring/summer!! Maybe there will be room for some asphalt in the future and it will be a complete complex with off road and TC!! It is definitly in a good spot if it is in Pacific Raceways, it already gets the crowds we need to elevate our "hobby".....

skypilot 10-05-2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by I B RACIN (Post 4906246)
Richie, that’s very noble of you...LOL, but you and I both know how most racers feel about that, after all it’s a race, the point is to win.

I hope things do work out its only 15mins from my house, but I just don't see alot of people paying 10.00 to just go bash, not racers anyway.

Torry

i probably should have added, (in the slash class). otherwise, its all about the win:D

Poweredbysbc 10-05-2008 01:56 PM

This is awesome! I saw the track at the raceway in Medford last weekend. It was bad a$$... Hopefully the Twins will make this a great place to race!:nod:

omarwashington 10-05-2008 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Elvetsdad (Post 4906596)
You got to start somewhere!!!! Good luck and it would be nice for a "local" outdoor facility (power, pit space and a program)!!! Hopefully it will be dialed in for next spring/summer!! Maybe there will be room for some asphalt in the future and it will be a complete complex with off road and TC!! It is definitly in a good spot if it is in Pacific Raceways, it already gets the crowds we need to elevate our "hobby".....

Yea good job on starting on a new off road track for the pacific northwest. So much for all this rain washington gets. got one question is this on public or private land?

Shirk 10-05-2008 06:34 PM

It's good to see a new off-road track trying to get started up. :D

rpk19 10-05-2008 06:56 PM

yep have to start some where!

its on private land and gates are locked.

stand is coming in one week but for now its all we could do. come out and check it out!

Rewp 10-05-2008 06:59 PM

just in case you were curious. This appears to be a cheap way to get going some racers...