Search

North End Slash Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Retraction

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yeah...way to ditch your family and obligations. Welcome to the dark side.

That makes ... 7 confirmed, and I have 3 unconfirmed ... if you know Ty and Ken's #'s you should ring them up and see if they want to make it out.
I pulled my replies,Wes. Sorry.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Slashfest

I haven't been informed as to my availability on that weekend as yet. Hopefully she'll inform me of my plans before too long?

Granpa
Old 07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool SLASH -N- BASH

Hopefully you'll get approval from Corporate Headquarters soon.....You can stop by my house and ride with Cameron & Myself, we'll pick up Ty on the way.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

We're talking Slashes here....most people will fall asleep waiting for their Slash to get around the Area 52 track.
Would not even be posting here and going off topic but when our track name pops up with an uninformed opinion, I feel the need to correct them. Have you ever been to our track Wes?

Our track ts actually probably more to scale than anything around.... open, flowing, long, multi truck side by side action.

Slash racing out here would be the s#%t once its discovered.

Just thought id correct this notion you have so potential slashers may actually come and see for themselves and not base their desision to visit us off an opinion of someone who has not been there or ran a slash on the area52 track.

I'm sure Schmidt's will be a blast for a slash bash

Have a great one.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Can another date after the 9th be done as well. I'm sure that I can drag atleast 4-6 more from down south (once i get mine as well). but that date like someone has already said is the last day of the Sizzler and Myself and others will be racing in that.

So after your bashing date can we do a plan for another organized slash bash

Thanks
Double E
Old 08-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Slashes and Area52

One weekend there were three of us running Slashes around Area 52. Is it a long track for them? Yes it is. Is it still fun when everybody is going the same speed? Yes it is. The things are an absolute gas (or maybe volt is a better term) to race in a bunch. Throw in bumps, jumps and ruts and they are a kick. There are a couple of spots to shorten the track up out there if needed, but a flock of them probably wouldn't need a short course.

Granpa
Old 08-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Would not even be posting here and going off topic but when our track name pops up with an uninformed opinion, I feel the need to correct them. Have you ever been to our track Wes?
Response was taken out of context from something Dave had posted and has since deleted. I have seen the track. It's big. That's all my comment meant. I am sure they would be fun to run at Area52.

Originally Posted by lowriding69
Can another date after the 9th be done as well. I'm sure that I can drag atleast 4-6 more from down south (once i get mine as well). but that date like someone has already said is the last day of the Sizzler and Myself and others will be racing in that.
This won't be the last meeting. This was on short notice, and yes during the Sizzler...not the best timing. Next date will be announced soon. It will probably be in 3-4 weeks depending on other local races.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This won't be the last meeting. This was on short notice, and yes during the Sizzler...not the best timing. Next date will be announced soon. It will probably be in 3-4 weeks depending on other local races.
cool, keep us posted.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Suspended

Sounds like a lot of people will be showing up, which is good. I think this is a good weekend to do it as most of the serious guys who might be there for open practice will be up at NORA instead.

3 more days...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up while the cats away the mice will play

Sounds like a lot of people will be showing up, which is good. I think this is a good weekend to do it as most of the serious guys who might be there for open practice will be up at NORA instead.

3 more days...
well it looks like the mother and the daughter will be gone on saturday so im guessing that means i will have to come down and play with everyone. but if that weirdo Ben Wheeler, is gonna be there i might have to think twice about it
Old 08-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Cool You talkin to me, Mutha Fugga?

(Tap, tap, tap - is this thing on?)

SHUT UP BRAD!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Default Anyone on Channel 9??

If you've got DSM in another vehicle and are still using the TQ radio that comes with the Slash it might be a good idea to swap it out for tomorrow. The number of confirmed people is higher than 6, and the number of people coming with the TQ AM radio is also higher than 6. There is going to be some radio conflicts among some people and I have a feeling some of those coming are not 100% up on radio/track etiquette.

I am bringing a extra FM75 radio and receiver to loan if needed. I am also bringing a extra DSM/DSM2 receiver in case someone has a DSM radio but not a extra receiver to swap into their slash. I will also have a DX2.0 w/ receiver I can loan to someone for the day.

Tomorrow's weather report is iffy...maybe some rain, but they are saying out in the foothills. Should not be an issue, many people will be bringing canopies if there are some sprinkles.

See you guys tomorrow.

Slash Meet, Aug 9, J+S Hobbies - 11am till everyone gets bored..
Old 08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Cool Puff the Magic Dragon

You're starting at 11:00......When does the Magic Dragon open?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default R/C truck parts

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
location is on state street in marysville and a block away from the movie theater... im down for this wes. just give me a call to remind me.i just raced mine at the battle at the berm and it was a blast the more i can drive that thing the better.
You have a P.M.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Suspended

You're starting at 11:00......When does the Magic Dragon open?
Noon. I am still shooting for stopping there first and getting some food, I might end up early and then head back out for food..unsure. A bunch of people have said they are showing up earlier...technically there is no official start time.

Wes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.