Wiki Posts
Search

2008 NW Championship Tour (NCT)???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stavman
Shur would like ta see a few more races on THIS side of the mountains...

Stav
amen on that one!

be close for me...lol

i keep meaning to make it down there but somehow something always comes up
Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Well there is always next year Garrett.. and heck we will be 25 minutes closer to ya as well

The NCT is by far the premier seiries now in the NW, look at how many entries at the NW Pro series, pretty sad....

So I for one am looking forwrd to the best ever in 2008

Stav
Old 09-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

I heard there might be new all gas series next year. Is this True?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I sure hope so
Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sancho
I sure hope so
I used to feel the same way. But I realized that those flashlight guys make up a big part of the series and to lose them would not be good for the tracks.

Embrace the late nights, enjoy the company of some really damn fine racers (no not me damnit ) and do what you can to make yourself comfortable during any long wait. I love the format now, and my only regret is that we don't have multiple indoor tracks so that we could make the series a couple races and couple months longer!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LSTracerX
I used to feel the same way. But I realized that those flashlight guys make up a big part of the series and to lose them would not be good for the tracks.

Embrace the late nights, enjoy the company of some really damn fine racers (no not me damnit ) and do what you can to make yourself comfortable during any long wait. I love the format now, and my only regret is that we don't have multiple indoor tracks so that we could make the series a couple races and couple months longer!
I agree. I plan on running gas and electric next year. Keep it that way!

+1 for C&C added.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Regional Moderator

I hope that the NCT does NOT drop the electric classes. I enjoy the challenge of running different tracks. I enjoy mixing in with the Nitro crowd and would hate to see the nitro/electric not have this series to interface with each other. My only wish is that more electric drivers would join in and get outside.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Exterminator
I hope that the NCT does NOT drop the electric classes. I enjoy the challenge of running different tracks. I enjoy mixing in with the Nitro crowd and would hate to see the nitro/electric not have this series to interface with each other. My only wish is that more electric drivers would join in and get outside.
No kidding , just "necks" racing would a big bad for the Nct ......
Old 09-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ALL GAS SERIES???

I think you guys are forgetting that the NCT is DIFFERENT than any other series. The NCT Consists of individual races linked together with a common points system. When we started the series, there were a few small individual races around the Northwest. We got 3 of the most prominent races together (the Hank Perry 240, The Columbia Cup, and the Spring Shoot-Out) Set up a points series, and some basic common rules. This is very unlike any other series, which you put on their race at your track. The NCT quickly evolved into what you see today, races with entry caps, some of the BEST competition anywhere, etc...

In order to make the NCT a Nitro only series, you woul have to convince the hosts to change THEIR race formats. I for one will not do that. I think that electric racers are just as important as nitro racers, and deserve the same respect. As long as i am involved with RCCCW, the Spring-Shoot-Out will always combined.

Dont get me wrong, i am not against nitro only races, just not as a part of NCT. Matts race is a great example of an outstanding Nitro only race.

Corey
Old 09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crashin73
I think you guys are forgetting that the NCT is DIFFERENT than any other series. The NCT Consists of individual races linked together with a common points system. When we started the series, there were a few small individual races around the Northwest. We got 3 of the most prominent races together (the Hank Perry 240, The Columbia Cup, and the Spring Shoot-Out) Set up a points series, and some basic common rules. This is very unlike any other series, which you put on their race at your track. The NCT quickly evolved into what you see today, races with entry caps, some of the BEST competition anywhere, etc...

In order to make the NCT a Nitro only series, you woul have to convince the hosts to change THEIR race formats. I for one will not do that. I think that electric racers are just as important as nitro racers, and deserve the same respect. As long as i am involved with RCCCW, the Spring-Shoot-Out will always combined.

Dont get me wrong, i am not against nitro only races, just not as a part of NCT. Matts race is a great example of an outstanding Nitro only race.

Corey
I COULDNT AGREE MORE CORY!!

I have tried ta get more sparkies (electrics) at my races, been a little tuff.. But yesterday we had a full Mod Truck class... was killer....

As long as ya mix in the Electric with Nitro... So I dont sit on my butt for 5 hours... I want Electrics....

I was Thing though.. what about Sportsman Classes in 1/8 Niro Buggy and 1/8 Arena Truck..... Dont think it would really add more heats but pull some Racers, like me, away from Pro Class. Good way ta ENCOURAGE those new guys... so we have some FAST guys for the future....

Just a thought

Its Funny... there where 4 pretty significant races on this side of the mountains Yesterday... 77 entries my race.. 117 at Skagit... lots of Electrics at Four seasons... and More down south in Southerland.... Just shows how many racers are on this side of the hills.....For 1 day races, well Skagit is 2 days

Would be nice ta have more over here is all

I love this Hobby

Stav
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default races over the mountains

I think People have the wrong idea about where the races are....... the reason there was only one race on that side of the mountains, is, there was only 1 track interested. Last year it was peelit, in the past scott had it at TRCR. It has nothing to do with the NCT. Same goes for oregon. If tracks dont show interest, and dont show for the meeting, they dont get voted in, plain and simple. As of rite now, Chris Stavros is the only track i know of that has shown enough interest to contact the NCT about joining. We havent heard from Eddie, so there may actually be an opening this year.

I think the only track that seperated electric and Gas this year, was RCCCW. We always have seperated qualifying, but always have racing combined. With the seperation, it allows us to start earlier on saturday, keep the track from getting extrememly torn up, and keeps the neighbors happy.

Remember adding classes, adds expense. 14 trophies per class..... cha ching....

Corey
Old 09-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by crashin73

Remember adding classes, adds expense. 14 trophies per class..... cha ching....

Corey
Greg and I are ok with that
Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up NCT

Hey Cory, If we get our lights i think our track skagit river could hold a race for the nct. Kevin C.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Adding in sportsman classes in the NCT could work, but I think the competition in those classes actually makes the newer guys better drivers, it gives you more to push for. Another HUGE problem with sportsman is where do you draw the line for who is Sportsman and who is a sandbagger? Separating any class into 2 classes will create hard feelings, increase the time needed, and make more work for the RD. For large races where you are only running buggy or 1/8 Stadium truck or both or where you have 400+ entries, a sportsman class is understandable. My son was always in the bottom mains in 1/8ST, would he have done better in sportsman, maybe, would he have felt as good about it, probably not.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Legend

The only way Trcr could host the Nct is to do something about the enormous trophy bill required ....

Personally I could easily do with a lot less .....

Not that some of the trophy's were not interesting , in fact a few were real kool...

I would think someone in the NCT could adjust and help make the Nct more profitable for indoor facility`s....

Then the Nct would be sure to have spring events with out the rain out`s....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.