2008 NW Championship Tour (NCT)???????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 NW Championship Tour (NCT)???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2008 NW Championship Tour (NCT)???????

Whats the plan???

Who is organizing it.... I hear there was supposed to be a meeting on Oct 22nd...

Just figured I'd get the ball rolling

Stav

Last edited by stavman; 09-20-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where did you hear that Chris?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

I didn't hear that? I'm not sure if you received the correct info
Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

People have mentioned it to me lately so I thought it was known... Seems it was even mentioned at Walla Walla by a few people But I have been wrong before

So wanted to find out what the tracks plans are...wouldnt want to do it..

So figured we better get some dialog going to see what next years plans are...

I editited some of my previous post dont want to start a fire storm yet... Damn sorry if i did

My Bad
Stav
Old 09-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Dana
Hello everyone,

Although I haven’t been on here since the weekend before Round #2 (Spring Shootout) I wanted to drop in and simply post this to all of you on RCTech. I won’t be back on RCTech anytime soon after I post this so, I would encourage you to email me directly at [email protected] if you have any questions, concerns, comments (positive or negative even ) or suggestions.

Congrats to all of the class winners for sure! It’s tough enough to win a race let alone a series championship. As I was saying to someone this last weekend at the X; in the beginning of the NCT you just had to be fast, a couple of years ago you had to be fast an pretty consistent, now in ’07 you have to not only be fast but you have to be consistent to win. For sure I would say the level of competition in the NW has grown tremendously! Actually, and I’m sure Marcus would agree with me, back in 2003 when he was NCT 1/8th Buggy Champion, he was probably an E mainer at national level races. Now, Taylor as just one example, is right there battling for the A at national events. That’s not to mention how much better everyone has gotten and not intentionally leaving anyone out. The list is long….. I would really like to take the top 10-15 drivers from the NW to the nationals and see what happens; that would be really cool! Anyone got an extra $8-10K kicking around?

I would like to say thanks to Jeff and Windy Carlson @ Maximizer Products, Marc Jensen & Bobbi Clausen @ Byron’s Race Fuels, Kent Poulsen & John Mortan @ Panther Products, Dave Gullickson (the Stock Truck legend ) @ Axiom, Team Brood, Stephen Bess and Charles Charron @ RC Car Magazine, Dave again and Greg Williams @ Competition Trophies for sponsoring the largest regional series in the world. Torey Azure for putting together the website and creating the art for the RC Car ad and the series gear, John Geffe for programming a scoring system that made my life much easier (even at the finals John so don’t sweat it ), Corey “the assassin (he, he)” Ecalbarger for covering the Club Bonus program, Jay “Team Toe” Campbell for sitting in the sun at the end of all those slippery pit lanes and checking pit stops (oh, and keeping it between the paint… barely, on the way home from Waller Waller Sunday, errr, Monday morning –burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- “man it’s windy”…..eeeek).

Going forward I would like you to all know that I believe there are a lot of areas that can be improved in the NCT. I would say half of the competitors racing today weren’t racing before the NCT existed (before 2003). While that is both good and bad, I would imagine there are a lot of good ideas floating around out there. With that in mind, if you have an idea that you would like to share to improve the NCT please let me know via email. Again, due to the overwhelming drama on forums like RCTech you will not being seeing me back anytime soon, so be sure to email me directly or catch-up to me at the Wings and Wheels Dash for Cash in October (see WhereToRaceRC.com for details), at Brian’s ECT races or at various TRCR electric club races over the fall/winter.

We’ll see what 2008 brings…… the ’08 schedule should be out Monday, October 22nd.

Thanks for everyone’s support.

Sincerely yours in racing,
Mike Dana
P.S. Garrett Rules!!!
posted earlier, too lazy to read it but at least i found it
Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
posted earlier, too lazy to read it but at least i found it
Thanks Garrett

Damn I thought I F'd things up.....

So................

Whats the plan next year guys

Stav
Old 09-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

As Garrett posted:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=1040

It was the schedule due out on Oct. 22nd.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dgullickson
As Garrett posted:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=1040

It was the schedule due out on Oct. 22nd.
Ok But there is more to the story....

With Peel-It out, who fills that spot... Who decides it... When is it decided.. How is it decided

Etc Etc Etc

Stav
Old 09-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Well it was the Hosts would vote in a track at the meeting based on who showed up, e.g. Peel It and Walla Walla showed up when I was Director and I had the Hosts vote after each track did a brief presentation of what they could bring to the NCT.

I believe Mike stated he would pick who was in, however dont quote me on that.

We see where your going, and if it was up to me you would be in with the stipulation of you BBQ'ing and feeding me (thats a compliment)
Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Burlington can maybe handle it, the lights should be in before the NCT starts.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Dave check yer PM
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Well it was the Hosts would vote in a track at the meeting based on who showed up, e.g. Peel It and Walla Walla showed up when I was Director and I had the Hosts vote after each track did a brief presentation of what they could bring to the NCT.

We see where your going, and if it was up to me you would be in with the stipulation of you BBQ'ing and feeding me (thats a compliment)
I like how you think Dave

LOL

FOOD IS GOOD

Stav
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Oh for a teaser of what can I bring to a NCT race, besides what everyone has already seen from my events..... If ya came to my Race For independence.. Parr lumbers event trailor.. pop ups, tables and Chairs and Bar-B-Que for 100 people.... Guaranteed a sponsored and catered FREE bar-B-Que at least 1 night, rest ya gotta buy, but for charity for a local food bank... Gotta support the less fortunate than us

See there is yer food Dave

LOL

I may be skinny but i LOVE ta eat

Stav

LOL

Stav
Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well, the first round really cant be in march unless it is indoor, that is why peel it was picked, an outdoor race in march would be murder...lol

wenatchee is the perfect start cause its always semi nice in april...

or they could put another race at the end of the year....but then that would take away from other races like the money race and other races that use the end of summer to hold there races....trying to hold a race during the nct is track suicide...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
well, the first round really cant be in march unless it is indoor, that is why peel it was picked, an outdoor race in march would be murder...lol

wenatchee is the perfect start cause its always semi nice in april...

or they could put another race at the end of the year....but then that would take away from other races like the money race and other races that use the end of summer to hold there races....trying to hold a race during the nct is track suicide...
Was there 5 or 6 NCT's. Wenatche in April, if we run6 last race in sept.... If the searies is placed early enouph, sheduling is cool. I think

Just thinking here who knows.

Hey not for me to decide who has the races.. Should be for the racers... Just starting some dialog thats all... Shur would like ta see a few more races on THIS side of the mountains... Heck there are sooooo many FAST guys who have never even seen my track

Well its all about fun

So lets have some fun

Out

Stav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.