Wiki Posts
Search

July 30th, Charity Race at Thrasher's Pub

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Smile July 30th, Charity Race at Thrasher's Pub

The on day event will be at the Thrasher’s Corner Pub and Broiler in Bothell, Bothell-Everett Hwy, near the Fred Meyer. From noon till dark.

There will be some prizes from some BEER companies. Oh yeah baby.
Also, a BBQ Oyster feed, a DJ and more will be there.

I’ll be doing some fun little races. It’s a very small track, about 30x50 or so.
And a fairly rough surface-just what everyone loves, right?

It will be perfect for mini’s, 1/18th and TT01’s. 10th scale sedans or trucks, or whatever you dare to bring out.

I hear that somebody is dying to bring out their "spiderman" car, so that gives you an idea of what fun it will be.
That's what brings in the new folks.

May or may not be doing the typical quals and such, but more like heads up and mad dashes.
If you have anything you can donate for use as rentals, or loaners, please let me know. I would love to have some cars for the kids to try out. Mini's, old tamiyas or trucks. Fred, my resident fixer upper will be on hand to "repair"-bring parts please. If anyone else can come out to repair, you are more than welcome.

Any help with the track is much appreciated and quite welcome. Or if you would care to donate prizes, please contact me. All items are welcome.

It will be a great opportunity to have lots of traffic going by and play.
Remember that BEER thing-must be 21, of course.

It’s just a fun exhibition for a charity called the Carousel Program with Providence Hospital for children whose parents have died.

Please sign up and let me know who will be able to come out and have some good times. $10 donation for entry.

This will definitely be for the "good" spirited racers and showing off what is great about RC!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

I have about 5 that have signed up to come make it a fun day at the Pub.

Tom has his Stampede ready to rock! yeah baby. It is FAST!

I also have a Tamiya Tt-01 to raffle off. This will start on Wed.

I hope we can get some other tracks and racers to help make this a fun race for the kids and the charity.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Had a few more sign up for the race.
Should be a fun day. As long as it doesn't do that rain thing.

all sizes of jumps will be there for some fun truck stunts!

Trophies for biggest jump, coolest paint job and more being planned!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

I've gotten a few e mails about this.

You do NOT have to be 21 to race.
Only if you decide to drink! And I KNOW that none of the RC racers I know every do that! hahaha

It's shaping up to be a fun little race. I am meeting with the owners again this week. I think there will be some other things for kids to do there.

We'll have some cars available for rental... or if you have one to "loan", please let me know.

It's for a charity, so we are getting some donations from some of the hobby shops in the area. And I didn't even have to ask! Very cool. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Silver
I have about 5 that have signed up to come make it a fun day at the Pub.

Tom has his Stampede ready to rock! yeah baby. It is FAST!

I also have a Tamiya Tt-01 to raffle off. This will start on Wed.

I hope we can get some other tracks and racers to help make this a fun race for the kids and the charity.
but is it fast enuf to beat my stampede.i am in do we have a time?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Wow, what a bunch of great prizes coming in from the companies... and they aren't RC.
There are Mariner tickets, certificates from the breweries, and a big neon Earnhart sign. I hope to have a pix posted soon. And a few other neat things.

There will also be a goldfish race with prizes for that too.

This is turning out to be a super fun race for the kids.

I'll be there about 9 to set up and could use all the help possible.
Bring your awnings, tables, etc. I'll check on power tomorrow, shouldn't be a problem though.

It really is too bad that it's the same weekend as stock nats and the fuel challenge. Honest, I didn't pick it, I would have done it any other weekend, because I am getting a lot of interest in this race. Especially the beer... oh yeah baby, and it's gonna be fun!

Shane Osborne, if the track is still available, I want to try and get it from you. I have a truck, it's just a matter of getting down to Issaquak and picking it up. The other track situation has gone foul.

So, anyone who isn't racing at the bigger events, come on out and play. Help the little kids of the Carousel Program from Providence Hospital. It's a good cause.
It's a great track for the TT-01's and anything fairly sturdy.
We do want some regular racing to occur too. So, if we can have a few "fast" cars out there for demos would be awesome.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Here's the neon sign...
Attached Thumbnails July 30th, Charity Race at Thrasher's Pub-dsc00391.jpg