New Off and On road indoor track!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Off and On road indoor track!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Off and On road indoor track!!!!!

This is a thread to inquire about the need for a new track in the northwest. The proposed track is in a 20,000 square foot building with on and off road racing. Electric and Gas off road, Electric on road. What we need to make this happen is to prove that there would be a want for this type of facility. Tracks will be off road 135' x 75' and on road 95' x 40' carpet track. Also any ideas that you want in a track let us know. Thank You.

LANDSLIDE
Old 12-04-2002, 01:44 PM

where would this track be located?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

South of Seattle....
Old 12-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

you should try to find a place up north like everett area to put that track it sounds like a good idea
Old 12-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Count me to be there!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Totally cool!
But where were you 4 months ago when we were lacking places? We opened our indoor carpet- Monroe opened-indoor off road, gas and electric....and now TRCR has gas and electric indoor. There are lots of places outdoors now.

If you have a free building-should work for ya-but I'm not sure the area can handle more tracks. But then again, you never know. Have you been to any of the tracks to talk to the racers? See if they are willing to travel to a different place?

What is your racing back ground? Have you run races-how long? Run a business? Is this for fun? hahhahahhaa...Sorry, not sure that is in my vocab right now. Working a lot to get this track going. It's a lot of work-ask Scott, Ron, Darren, Bill, Stanley etc.
Chat with some owners and racers. I'm not saying this because of fear of competition....just trying to give you advice. Talk to some folks first.
Deb @ Rain City
Old 12-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

a new bigger track sounds awesome with that big of a track mod would be a lot more fun being able to open up a 10 turn and use it

count me in
Old 12-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Mal

95 X 40 was about the same size as the old RainCity track. At the moment there isn't a bif difference between the current track and old. Plus I don't see any problem opening up a 10 turn at RainCity's current track.

I would have to agree with Debbie. Unless you're the only track in the area .... it will be hard to pull in enough people to support a track that big. I couldn't even imagine what the rental cost would be (A buliding that big would cost around $6000-$8000 a month). With TRCR, RainCity, Burien and Monore there are already more than enough indoor tracks. I could be wrong though ..... all I know is that quite a few tracks in this area are struggling to bring in a large consistant crowd.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

I would look more towards the Portland area but a sub city for cheaper rent. We only have 1 track here indoors and its offroad and one down in Salem for onroad.. I know there is an old theatre for lease and has been there for quite awhile.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wait a minute, does this have anything to do with the TimeZone boys?
Old 12-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

There are alot of racers in the NW.

It would be cool if we could bring some of these tracks together to open a facility capable of world class competition.

Something bright, warm, big, offers great racing and view for spectators.

I think there are enough racers around here, but with all the tracks, would be difficult to pull them all in.

Maybe talk to the current track owners and see if they want to combine forces to open a SUPER TRACK.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:59 AM

bring all the current owners together? thats not gonna happen. like debbie said, scotts (trcr) has a new building, (read new lease) debbie has a new lease, monre has a new lease. if those three opened a super track, thier tracks would be for practice on the nights the super track was running different classes andwould lose so much money that everything would calapse and thier wouldn't be any tracks only lawyers. if you had opened such a track a few months ago, maybe, and thats a big maybe, monre wouldn't have opened and debbie wouldn't have opened and they you might have a chance but you also have to remember that in the summer time 80 percent of on roading is outside. how ever with all that said, theres a old saying -- build it and they will come --- but for how long and how often that is the question, and i'm sure i'll be there too. but as scott, debbie, stan, your buddy dave and others can tell you, i like to spread it around
Old 12-06-2002, 11:04 AM

i think the only track that is missing in this area is a outdoor permenate on road track, wide lanes, no board or pipes (grass run off), with maybe high bank sweepers and dips and rises (read that airborne).
Old 12-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

An outdoor permanent track would suck. There is one. Fantasy World. What would be sweet is a facility with a big offroad track, and a big onroad, asphalt, indoor. No carpet...Asphalt is way better.

With a great facility that is warm, and well ventillated, I am sure a large crowd would develop.

About the only track within my driving distance is TRCR. I could get to Rain City, but it is a ways up there. A place between seattle and tacoma would be sweet.

I do like TRCR though, it would be tough not going there.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

I just wish TRCR would replace the burned out lights, and crank the heater up a little. That would make it more fun to be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.