Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Just to be sure we're clear, the track is still not "fly paper" I've been the past few sundays, a fri and the trophy race, until the mains in stock was the first time I personally had any issues with too much traction, and I could have easily run a less aggressive front tire to deal with it. Where were either of you when they tried not watering the track for a week?
Being an "onroad" guy I have no issue with spec tires, or banning slicks, as long as its enforced. Offroad lacks easily distinguished premounts or marked tires though to really make a spec tire make sense, I would think a visible tread rule would be the only thing enforceable. I liked the track during the warm months, and did not miss slicks, but I like racing local. Maybe we need some oil, or cornstarch, or mouthwash on the track?????? no soap please.
Agreed mike. On the same page. Looking forward to motorama.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

drove up yesterday for some practice for MR. threw on a super worn set of green bar codes and ended doing quite a few laps with Kregger. Just like old times!!!

NO THATS A HOLE BIG BAG OF FUN!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pags30805
drove up yesterday for some practice for MR. threw on a super worn set of green bar codes and ended doing quite a few laps with Kregger. Just like old times!!!

NO THATS A HOLE BIG BAG OF FUN!!!
Laps with Kregger: the original Smokey and the Bandit!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island-screenshot_2015-02-02-18-54-52.jpg
Old 02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

We can't have rules at our place! NOBODY ENFORCES THEM! We were told there was tech for 17.5, it was going to be STRICTLY enforced! The cars were sposed to be weighed, battery voltage was gonna be checked, ESC's were gonna be checked, motors were gonna be measured. ............I didnt see ANY of that till just before the A main in buggy! REALLY?! So who's gonna be the one teching tires if we can't even get a steady watering schedule? Everybody is so sick and tired of being told something and it doesn't happen, or being told something ISN'T gonna happen, and it does. So much for that meeting we had, that did alotta good! SMH......... I in the same boat as Boogie, my cars were good for the last couple weeks, saturday they wouldn't stay put on the track!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks don for the great race and the 4wd sc entertainment!

Can't wait for the March big race...I'm working on getting Dustin Evans to come!

I thought the soap smelled good!

Like phill said see y'all on Friday.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default this lil baby stays home!!

$200 in tires that dont F'n work anymore over here: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:oh yeah its the change in weather:cr y::cr y::cr y::cr y:
Old 02-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

and when i ran slicks and my car wasnt too good "they" said i wasnt using the right grip....WTH
Old 02-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tim powers
$200 in tires that dont F'n work anymore over here: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:: cry:oh yeah its the change in weather:cr y::cr y::cr y::cr y:
Lmao must be because its cold out.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The Slayer
We can't have rules at our place! NOBODY ENFORCES THEM! We were told there was tech for 17.5, it was going to be STRICTLY enforced! The cars were sposed to be weighed, battery voltage was gonna be checked, ESC's were gonna be checked, motors were gonna be measured. ............I didnt see ANY of that till just before the A main in buggy! REALLY?! So who's gonna be the one teching tires if we can't even get a steady watering schedule? Everybody is so sick and tired of being told something and it doesn't happen, or being told something ISN'T gonna happen, and it does. So much for that meeting we had, that did alotta good! SMH......... I in the same boat as Boogie, my cars were good for the last couple weeks, saturday they wouldn't stay put on the track!

Yep!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tim powers
and when i ran slicks and my car wasnt too good "they" said i wasnt using the right grip....WTH
Dude Harley Charlie's pony tail goop is the shit. Hogsnot Kidd. And it helps get the ladies. Lol
Old 02-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Weazsel;13822510]+1 Came here to post this then leave. I'm an average racer like the one described in the article. The direction 1/10 scale indoor racing is going, in my not so humble opinion, sucks. If I wanted to run touring car I'd go to an on-road track. I'm not expressing my unhappiness towards just IRH. It's towards all tracks that are manufacturing bite, wasting time watering, running 18mm of ride height on 2wd buggies and all the other nonsense that goes with this god forsaken slick tires.

Maybe I'm just old. Maybe the evolution of modern 1/10 scale offroad racing will weed out the dinosaurs. Maybe I'm just a baby. Maybe I just like watering the track with my tears. Maybe my female genitalia is packed with dust and dirt.

The thing is... I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Maybe I'll just sell my 1/10 scale stuff and run 1/8 nitro and 1/8 e-buggy from April to October. Seriously thinking about it.

Yeah well this guy reading the article and who drives on slicks agrees with it wholeheartedly.

LMFAO tried that... and here we are.

The track is not "what it is." It's manipulated, groomed, drenched and soaked like my grandmother when Elvis would come on stage.

Going around the simplest turn with my 2wd and having it buck itself off the track like a bull with his balls burnt into the wall because of the flypaper fake bite is not enjoyable. What do I know though? I'm just an average racer.

Why is this fun? I don't get it.[/

Great post Mike!

Btw....Don't sell yourself short, your much better then an average racer.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta
Dude Harley Charlie's pony tail goop is the shit. Hogsnot Kidd. And it helps get the ladies. Lol
Picked this up for my Friday's Son!!!Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island-image.jpg
Old 02-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta
I think Devil Spit is used by a lot of fast guys also. Works great!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Slayer
I had mike check my revtech motor on Friday. It was iffy. We pulled it apart and I ended up using my thunder power which came up above legal on the meter .... I think it was 23.... I ended up going faster with this motor
My car was also 50 grams over as all the Ae are heavy And as for the main my battery was 7.8 volts at the start. Forgot to charge

I know mike random check a lot of cars. As me and jerry did the honor of checking each others blinky a few times.
I thought it was handled ok

It was spot on in the mains for sure

Imo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.