Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Heard whisperings in the pits about a possible Devil Spit ban at IRH
What does that have to do with whag we r talking about.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo toic
Nothing I was just being a dick in response to the flip flops comment. But I did hear something like that.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the track is the track, its not mainstream, so what ,its a place to race. it is what it is
Old 04-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Old 04-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Nothing I was just being a dick in response to the flip flops comment. But I did hear something like that.
Joe, you really can't fault the comment on flop flops too much since past events back it up. History can't be undone but future decisions and policies can and should be "upheld" so to speak.
That's not a shot, just an observation from a dumb achmuck like me who races almost every Friday night religiously :-).
I want a place to race and a consistent environment..... That's it.
The racing and hanging with friends is priceless.

PS..... I run Spit because it works. If it is banned I guess I'll have to run inferior product or not run at all. One hint though, if I have to run something that I feel doesn't work then I won't be having fun. Not having fun leads to depression and staying home on the couch.... My waistline can't afford that :-).

Sal
Old 04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

It has nothing to do with it at all. Just stupid who ever started that rumor. I'm not saying you Joe
Old 04-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by li racer
the track is the track, its not mainstream, so what ,its a place to race. it is what it is
Well said Bill. Let's just $&($::€*>< race and have fun.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Heard whisperings in the pits about a possible Devil Spit ban at IRH
Oh no...........please say it ain't so!!! I'm so sorry for any opinion I might have expressed that everybody didn't agree with!! SMH......... I don't make people run my grip, they run it cause it works! There's more peeps back there runnin it than any other grip. So if you wanna ban it, your not hurtin me any, just your racers who tell me on a regular basis its hands down better than anything else back there right now! I'm not tryin to blow my own horn here, but I'm shipping over 100 bottles a month to hobby shops and tracks across the US, and soon it'll be hittin shelves in AU and the UK. And even with all this BS goin on right now, it got its start right here at IRH. It saddens me to say that now though, so I stopped!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Look everyone, yes even you Sal, has or has not Don asked to take up these matters with him personally or through PM? Has or has not Don kept the place open, done his best to provide a nice track and perks for the racers? Has he had a lot on his plate with personal situations and running the track as a 2nd, or 3rd business? Maybe the 'internet' can cut him a little slack for now and let things settle, he's got full control now, Kenny is now in charge of the hobby shop I hear, give it some time.

Why do I care? because this drama is annoying, and yes I have my opinions on what should and shouldn't change, I've told don, and I've really tried to not post anything here, as asked too.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

I just wanted a yes or no answer. From the staff of irh
Old 04-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Look everyone, yes even you Sal, has or has not Don asked to take up these matters with him personally or through PM? Has or has not Don kept the place open, done his best to provide a nice track and perks for the racers? Has he had a lot on his plate with personal situations and running the track as a 2nd, or 3rd business? Maybe the 'internet' can cut him a little slack for now and let things settle, he's got full control now, Kenny is now in charge of the hobby shop I hear, give it some time.

Why do I care? because this drama is annoying, and yes I have my opinions on what should and shouldn't change, I've told don, and I've really tried to not post anything here, as asked too.

Mike, "even me "? I've spoken to Don privately on plenty occasions. I like to think I'm pretty reasonable most times. Like everyone else I do get my moments. I'm not bearing Don up on anything we haven't discussed in the past. In fact, I don't want to beat him up at all.
All I want is some consistency. That's it.
I said history is past and can't be changed. I'm hoping the future is much brighter in all respects. By the way, I'm not upset about the even me remark. Shows me a lot of respect and I'm humbled Mike. Thank you.

Race one!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I just wanted a yes or no answer. From the staff of irh
Click the username "Donspeed" > Send Private Message
Old 04-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Never thought the day would come Larcher tries to avoid forum drama...
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

The fact of finding out why the veteran racers aren't coming back and how we can make everyone on a global scale happy still remains. Only brutal honesty will work and a conversation without anyone flying off the handle is the only way this could happen.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Click the username "Donspeed" > Send Private Message
No ... its a public forum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.