Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

any updates mark?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First time post here, I am interested in getting into indoor racing in the winter and this track looks to fit the bill.

I am sure minis will be pretty popular for a class as almost everyone has one whether you are a nitro guy or not.

Can't wait until this gets going I plan on running in the novice class for a race or two until I get the hang of it, there isn't a age restriction is there? I can bash and drive well but never tried racing. I will be buying a Tamiya Durga to race for now as there is no need for a 501X or a B44 at my current skill level.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tschenck
any updates mark?
The electrical service should be hooked up this week, the electricians have started running conduit, and the phones should be in on the 19th.

Originally Posted by AutoXMan
First time post here, I am interested in getting into indoor racing in the winter and this track looks to fit the bill.

I am sure minis will be pretty popular for a class as almost everyone has one whether you are a nitro guy or not.

Can't wait until this gets going I plan on running in the novice class for a race or two until I get the hang of it, there isn't a age restriction is there? I can bash and drive well but never tried racing. I will be buying a Tamiya Durga to race for now as there is no need for a 501X or a B44 at my current skill level.
No age restrictions for novice class. Racing other cars and keeping in the track lanes will certainly test your driving skills and be a fun challenge for you.

I'm not sure what our parts availability for the Tamiya Durga are going to be, so I would suggest keeping a few spare parts and wheels in your pit box. front arms, front hinge pins and rear shocks towers are the items I have read about breaking on that car.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mark,

What sort of race schedule are you looking at in terms of days and time? For instance, Sunday day racing?

thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

As a racer, I always preferred to race on Thursdays and Saturdays, it always felt like it made the weekend longer when my Sundays were free to do nothing and this leaves racing at other tracks an option as well.

Since I'm going to be at the track all week being an owner of the track, it really doesn't matter to me which days are race days. Whatever day is the most popular for the racers will be the race days. Most other tracks race on either Thursday or Friday, and Sunday.

It would actually be more helpful to me if everybody posted what days and classes they can/preferred to race.

My vote...Thursday and Saturday for 1/10th 2wd and 4wd buggy, if possible 1/10th and 1/12 nitro truck on Sunday (during the warm months only) --- not that my vote actually counts, my vote is more of an example.

What is your vote?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrubb
As a racer, I always preferred to race on Saturdays, it always felt like it made the weekend longer when my Sundays were free to do nothing.

Since I'm going to be at the track all week being an owner of the track, it really doesn't matter to me which days are race days. Whatever day is the most popular for the racers will be the race days. Most other tracks race on either Thursday or Friday, and Sunday.

It would actually be more helpful to me if everybody posted what days they can/preferred to race.

My vote...Thursday and Saturday (this leaves racing at other tracks an option as well)

What is your vote?
Saturdays works for me and my son. I can even get my nephew involved as he is stuck going with his a-hole father on Sundays but is free on Saturdays. Leaves Sunday open to still keep up on my carpet "career" too. Is the shop itself open yet Mark? I'm looking for 10.5 brushless motors......Trinity, Orion, Peak, or Speedpassion. Want to try something other than the Novak and I HATE mail order. Sorry I couldn't help on the lights, but I am looking forward to having some fun at your track.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

As a racer, I always preferred to race on Saturdays, it always felt like it made the weekend longer when my Sundays were free to do nothing.

It would actually be more helpful to me if everybody posted what days they can/preferred to race.

My vote...Thursday and Saturday (this leaves racing at other tracks an option as well)

What is your vote?
Saturdays works for me and my son. I can even get my nephew involved as he is stuck going with his a-hole father on Sundays but is free on Saturdays. Leaves Sunday open to still keep up on my carpet "career" too. Is the shop itself open yet Mark? I'm looking for 10.5 brushless motors......Trinity, Orion, Peak, or Speedpassion. Want to try something other than the Novak and I HATE mail order. Sorry I couldn't help on the lights, but I am looking forward to having some fun at your track.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

What is your vote?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

No inventory yet.

Its funny because I would actually recommend the Novak motor over the rest. You can change the color of the ring, different rotor options, all of the replacement parts are available, different cooling options are available for over-gearing , its built strong and reliable and they have a fantastic motor swapping policy. And for track owners they list their inductance values for tech inspection.

Remember though, in 2009 the 10.5 motor will be considered a modified motor and the 13.5 will be the Super Stock class motor per ROAR rules.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

On another note....

check out this conversion kit to convert the RC10T4 truck into a 1/8th scale 2wd electric buggy!!! I'm sooo getting one!

http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...s_details/2607
Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

I would also recommend the novak motors basically for the reasons mark listed above.

as for the J82, interesting but what class would that run with? kinda reminds me of when the associated rc10t use to come with the skinny front tires.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just want a J82 to play with, I would imagine you would run them on 1/8th tracks
Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

I just want a J82 to play with, I would imagine you would run them on 1/8th tracks
just checked it out in the offroad section. jconcepts has a post on it, also appears that they made rules for a class. http://www.jconcepts.net/files/1_8th..._2wd_rules.pdf I do think it looks cool though. just dont know if I would buy a kit since probably wouldn't be enough people running them to make a class.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thursday/saturday sounds good.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

mark any new info? did the electricans finish up? looking forward to checking out the track again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.