Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Mark/John,

If we are running for points now on Wed & Sat, I would like to see a tech/visual inspection and get the 4wd SC out of the 2wd SC class. Sorry to the 4wd guys but they are going to bump 2wd SC people down in the mains with their unfair advantage.

My opinion,
Michael
Old 01-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Michael Mariett
Mark/John,

If we are running for points now on Wed & Sat, I would like to see a tech/visual inspection and get the 4wd SC out of the 2wd SC class. Sorry to the 4wd guys but they are going to bump 2wd SC people down in the mains with their unfair advantage.

My opinion,
Michael
Last night Chris Proctor took the win in Short Course truck with a 17.5 powered 2wd HPI Blitz with a lap over 2nd place Michael Kluczinsky also running a 2wd HPI Blitz which was 9 seconds ahead of Tom Schenck who I believe was running a 4wd Slash. Mike Fradette running the other 4wd Slash that I know of was three laps down in 5th place.

I would say buy a 2wd HPI Blitz if you want an unfair advantage.

Last edited by RCHR; 10-05-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

im sure its listed in the 500+ posts, but what are you guys runnig for tires in mod truck?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Mark you are correct, I ran a 4wd platinum last night. I need to play with the set up though. Out of the box it does not handle as well as my sc10 did. I still really like the truck and plan on also picking up another 2wd sct when Kyosho releases theirs.

I wouldn't mind 2 classes though. That is if you guys get enough people who buy a 4wd (I know Ben also just picked one up). One class for stock and one for mod (2wd or 4wd).

As for the unfair advantage. I think I have to give it to Chris more then to the Blitz. He is fast and smooth with anything he drives.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by firecat
im sure its listed in the 500+ posts, but what are you guys runnig for tires in mod truck?
I usually run DD's in the rear and Carvers in the front. If the track is wet I will run Goosebumps.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
Winter points series starts tonight.
Hey Mark can you or someone explain how the points series works, I and my neighbors have no clue how this works seeing this is our first time taking part in a points anything. Thankssssssss
Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Mark,

I kinda figured you would throw the "Chris Proctor" & "Michael Kluczinsky" cards on the table. I am working on getting faster and more consistent to be like them. I'm pretty sure, like Tom said, if I gave Mike or Chris my truck they could do the same. But what is the point of having a spec class if not everyone is spec. I'm just gripping because I qualified 2nd in the B main (out qualified by 2 4wd SCs)

It is just my opinion. See ya Wednesday.
Michael
Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Let me take a shot at it....

1. Anyone and Everyone that races at RCHR is entered in the points series.

2. Points are awarded based on your Best Main finish during that week, you must start in the main in order to get points.

3. If you race both days, Wed. and Sat., only your best finish will qualify towards the points series.

4. One point is awarded for Top Qualifiers in each class.

5. Points are as follows: 1st -- 50 pts./ 2nd -- 49 pts./ 3rd -- 48 pts.... and so forth and so one.

6. Double points are awarded during trophy race week.

Mark can fill in the blanks....
Old 01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

never mind Freddy got it already.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SC Points Series

So is short course now an open class, I was thinking of getting the SCRT10, can I run that in the points series then?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (83%+)

Hey Mark,

I kinda figured you would throw the "Chris Proctor" & "Michael Kluczinsky" cards on the table. I am working on getting faster and more consistent to be like them. I'm pretty sure, like Tom said, if I gave Mike or Chris my truck they could do the same. But what is the point of having a spec class if not everyone is spec. I'm just gripping because I qualified 2nd in the B main (out qualified by 2 4wd SCs)

It is just my opinion. See ya Wednesday.
Michael

Don't forget that you also got out qualified by 8 2wd Trucks as well.

The 4wd Slashes are faster, but the 2wd trucks just out handle them completely. Until people start messing with the setup on the 4wd's, i do NOT see a big advantage, if any at all. imho

Last edited by bustabo; 01-14-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bustabo

True, but I also out qualified 8

Hey Mark,
Are you going to keep posting the results on the rchr.biz site as well as the new points series?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by firecat
Like Tom said, Goosebumps when the track is wet and loamy, Jconcepts DD's and ribs when the track is dry.

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Hey Mark can you or someone explain how the points series works, I and my neighbors have no clue how this works seeing this is our first time taking part in a points anything. Thankssssssss
Freddy did a good explanation...

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Let me take a shot at it....

1. Anyone and Everyone that races at RCHR is entered in the points series.

2. Points are awarded based on your Best Main finish during that week, you must start in the main in order to get points.

3. If you race both days, Wed. and Sat., only your best finish will qualify towards the points series.

4. One point is awarded for Top Qualifiers in each class.

5. Points are as follows: 1st -- 50 pts./ 2nd -- 49 pts./ 3rd -- 48 pts.... and so forth and so one.

6. Double points are awarded during trophy race week, If you race in the trophy race main event.

Mark can fill in the blanks....
Originally Posted by eGodzilla
So is short course now an open class, I was thinking of getting the SCRT10, can I run that in the points series then?
No, short course is not an open class, you still have to run a 17.5 motor, short course wheels and tires (no 1/8ths), and a short course body.

So far, on any given race night, the most we have had is two 4wd short course trucks, which is not enough for a seperate class. When we get enough to seperate them, we will.

The 4wd Slashes are faster, but the 2wd trucks just out handle them completely. Until people start messing with the setup on the 4wd's, i do NOT see a big advantage, if any at all. imho
Here is where perception meets reality, the heavy 4wd drive train and added traction are not an advantage when you are running a spec, low power motor like a 17.5 turn. Power to weight ratio and corner speed become priority #1.

Hey Mark,
Are you going to keep posting the results on the rchr.biz site as well as the new points series?
Yes

But what is the point of having a spec class if not everyone is spec.
What I can't figure out is, if the winners are winning races with spec cars, why wouldn't everybody run a spec car?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Everyone is looking at it the wrong way saying the guys that ran the 4wd didnt win, so 4wd is ok to run in the class. The way I saw it the 4wd drivers were not very good. It looked like if they had a 2wd truck they would not have been in the A main. Based on this reasoning can I run a 4wd buggy in the 2wd buggy class since Im not gonna win?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

People in general confuse me alot.

Short course truck became popular because the looked and handled more like their full size counter part, and they are cheap. This I understand.

I don't like trying to follow fads, so I avoided running SCT's at RCHR as long as I could. Because I know from experience what is going to happen.

What I don't understand is the rush to put unrealistic 1/8th wheels and tires on the trucks or to spend twice as much on the 4wd versions, which goes against the very specifics that made the class popular.

If a racer was intrested in strickly performance, a B44 4wd is $75 cheaper than a 4wd Slash, the tires are almost half the price and the car performs better.

go figure...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.