Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
that will suck if the stock motor is a pig.
I haven't tried one myself but what I've read in the Slash thread says that it's not all that fast. It has been compared to a racing 27t stock motor by many.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

When are you all coming down to LIR......
Old 06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888
I haven't tried one myself but what I've read in the Slash thread says that it's not all that fast. It has been compared to a racing 27t stock motor by many.
Wow and Traxxas even says its a 12T motor, but it's only as fast as a 27T stock motor?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hydrodancer

John I thought the mamba max has some kind of usb plug on it so you don't need the castle link? I'll stop down even if I can't race. Thanks.
It does. It has a usb plug and a program that is kept on you pc. Every time you want to make changes you need to hook it up to the pc via usb cable and "Castle Link Program". I will bring my laptop and usb cable Sat.

That sucks for Wolcott but look on the other side, maybe John and Mark will bring in more racers due to their misfortune. 1/10 Electric is fairly cheaper than 1/8 nitro, and it is all year round rain or shine and twice a week.

Last edited by Bman's 3XNT; 06-09-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Wow and Traxxas even says its a 12T motor, but it's only as fast as a 27T stock motor?
The thing you have to remember about the Traxxas motor is that it is nothing more than a 550 size RS style motor. It's just a cheap sealed endbell motor like the 540 size Stinger stock motor that comes in all their other RTR's.
Attached Thumbnails Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.-power_o.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

I've come across a unique situation....

So Lester at Wolcott Hobbies announces that he is ending the racing program at the end of the season this year. Everybody is expressing their grief over the news and suggesting ideas on how to improve attendance and restore the racing program. So I post on their website chat box that they should build their tracks so that it suits monster trucks such as the Revo and the Savage.

"I think a track is friendly for monster trucks and the bashers that frequent the hobby shop would be more successful instead of a track that is only fun for 1/8th buggy and truggy. Start with Thursday night racing."

A user posts in reply to my statement....

"As for Mark W. maybe you sould do that for yourself!"

Here is how I responded to that...

"I'm good with sending Nitro customers over to Wolcott and just running electric off-road over here, RedGT, but thanks for looking out."

Whats up with that attitude?

Now, when a new customer comes into my shop, I always ask them I if they have any r/c cars and what are they. The answer I mostly get is Tmaxx, Savage or Revo. Now I'm suggesting to the people with these nitro cars to go over to Wolcott Hobby if they want to pursue nitro racing and are not interested in electric r/c. I hope these people I'm sending over to Wolcott are not getting the same attitude I got because if I find out they are I will instantly start sending people to Pin Shop Hobbies. I would think the bigger Wolcott track would be more fun, but I know the attitude wouldn't be. If I'm getting nitro monster truck guys at my shop and I'm sending them to Wolcott, I imagine they are getting plenty of other monster truck drivers on their own as well.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I saw that last night but really was leaving it alone.

I really wouldn't be to concerned about it. Its not like Lester had that attitude with you. Probably just someone pissed off after they realized their track is going to close since they didn't support it. I would continue to try and send them there and maybe the turnouts will get better and make it worth while for Lester to keep the track.

As for me, its still sad to see the local track might go away. I really didn't use the outdoor track much because it really wasn't an electric friendly track. It was always fun to hang out with the guys and watch some good racing though.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Mark,

Your doing the right thing and I agree with you.

When I worked at JP's Hobbies we only had a small dirt track before we moved to the current location (no tracks there). We had a large amount of customers from Bridgeport who were interested in nitro and we decided to concentrate on electrics. We would refer people to Ace's Hobby in Brpt since they were mainly a nitro shop. As a result they wuld sent there electric customers to us. Both shops made out this way and there were more satisfied customers. The hobby grew and everyone made out.

I understand what your sayng about the "attitude". It's time for the shops to start working together and make the hobby grow. If shops, employees and customers keep acting like noboby is better than them, the end result will be a decline in new customers and the ultimate demise of the hobby and the shops. We have all seen this happen before in the past. Remember how big RC was in the late 80's - mid 90's. Remember how there was a shop in every town. Lets work together and try to make that happen again....
Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tschenck
I really wouldn't be to concerned about it. Its not like Lester had that attitude with you. Probably just someone pissed off after they realized their track is going to close since they didn't support it. I would continue to try and send them there and maybe the turnouts will get better and make it worth while for Lester to keep the track.
I know it has nothing to do with Lester and I will be calling him later on this, but I don't want to send people to a track that has people with that attitude, it reflects badly on me for sending them to racers with that attitude.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

true. If you look at his id he has 0 posts and that was his only chat msg so I really dont think one idiots point of view really reflects everyone there.

Anyways I think you are trying to do the right thing. You really are an electric guy and are focusing on that. Talk to Les and see if he wants you to continue sending the nitro guys there. If not then send them to the Pin Shop.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I know I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but I chose to go with an all electric RC lineup when I decided to make several small changes towards a more "green" lifestyle. Might seem trivial, but with CO restriction getting tighter and tighter I think Nitro in general might be on it's way out as a whole. Not that anything like that will happen immediately, but very soon most moto and supercross racing will ban 2 stroke engines and I would inagine every facet of life....ie....RC cars, lawn mowers, chain saws....etc, will all have to follow suit per governmental regulations.

Not to deter from the topic at hand any further, but have any of ya'll seen the Chevy Volt? Very cool indeed.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Wink

JOHN... I have a mamba 25 for a mini-t (which has been renamed the sidewinder micro) NOT a mamba MAX. Click on this link:sidewinder_micro

It needs a "castle link" to hook up to a laptop. See link:castle_link

Anyway. I rigged it up by wrapping electrical tape around the grip with some spacers. Its works good for now. I think I might bring it to the track to try it out. It'll be funny seeing a mini t do a hill climb over the table top.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Hey Mark,

Here is an exerpt I stole from another Slash thread. Check it out. They look good in the video.

A couple of the guys got their Slash trucks and ran them tonight at n-control in Austin. The track is a purpose built 1:10 scale track that is next to the full sized track for the 1:8 scale vehicles. There is a class forming up so I thought I'd help them along with a little promo. I haven't seen any decent video of the Slash except for the Traxxas piece. This is the first race footage I've seen.

VIDEO
www.promofo-racing.org/Slash.html

The 69 car had a mamba turned down to 54% in it. The other car is bone stock with the addition of 60wt in the shocks.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I saw that video, those look awesome!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mark did you do anything to the rc10gt last night.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.