Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by race announcer
Wolcott announced that they are now going to be racing on Wednesday nights.

My response: Good luck with racing on Wednesday's. It really is too bad that two tracks this close together can't work together. I tried to talk Lester into a points series championship between RCHR and Wolcott. It would be better to bring all of the racers together at one place and one time. We have such a small community of racers. In my opinion it would be a better turnout at both tracks. The racers wouldn't have to make a decision of which track to be at when two different tracks have racing on the same day, it splits up the racing community. If a championship points series would happen, everyone at RCHR would know that we are all going to Wolcott, and everyone at Wolcott would know to go to RCHR= Bigger turnout for both tracks. I tried to get it to fly with Lester. RCHR has been racing on Wednesday's and Saturday's since we opened almost 8 years ago. We would never have racing on a Friday and Sunday, just for respectively knowing that Wolcott races on those days. I will continue to build new tracks and race on Wednesday's and Saturday's just as we have been doing since the doors opened at RCHR.
That's a shame... Certainly not going to help out the racing community, especially with how small it already is.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys we hope to see you all Wed night...the track is awesome, lets make it a good one!

Old 12-16-2014, 06:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

John Benedict--Good luck with racing on Wednesday's. It really is too bad that two tracks this close together can't work together. I tried to talk Lester into a points series championship between RCHR and Wolcott. It would be better to bring all of the racers together at one place and one time. We have such a small community of racers. In my opinion it would be a better turnout at both tracks. The racers wouldn't have to make a decision of which track to be at when two different tracks have racing on the same day, it splits up the racing community. If a championship points series would happen, everyone at RCHR would know that we are all going to Wolcott, and everyone at Wolcott would know to go to RCHR= Bigger turnout for both tracks. I tried to get it to fly with Lester. RCHR has been racing on Wednesday's and Saturday's since we opened almost 8 years ago. We would never have racing on a Friday and Sunday, just for respectively knowing that Wolcott races on those days. I will continue to build new tracks and race on Wednesday's and Saturday's just as we have been doing since the doors opened at RCHR.

Me--John, Wolcott has asked the racers what day during the week they wanted to race, they all said they would like to race on Wednesday. So it was based on what the RC community wanted, also the low turnouts isnt because of wolcott racing its because of the way YOU treat your racers, maybe if you treated your racers with more respect and respected their opinions and actually left your pride at the door and listened to them then maybe your turnouts would be better, but dont play the blame game because the racers told us they want to race on Wednesdays. Also you started running your trophy events on sundays right after we started running dirt on sundays for a few years. If you have any farther comments or concerns please feel free to pm me

Just so everyone understands This is what john posted on the Wolcott Hobby forum and that was my responce
Old 12-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

John i have to agree with tyler 100 percent their was no reason for you to come on another forum and start issues lester has catered to the racers for as long as he has been in busniess and has only made improvements to his track to make the place better i have been to your track a bunck of times and its always the same very dusy i never see the air vents on last trophy race i had to ask jay to please turn the fans on cause it was so dusy i could not breath i left before the mains cause the program ran so slow and late that i had to go do to other oblagations . also can you please look at your prices again cause they are out of control i felt like i got a$$ raped with no lube when i bought a set of tires last race
Old 12-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TFalcone
John Benedict--Good luck with racing on Wednesday's. It really is too bad that two tracks this close together can't work together. I tried to talk Lester into a points series championship between RCHR and Wolcott. It would be better to bring all of the racers together at one place and one time. We have such a small community of racers. In my opinion it would be a better turnout at both tracks. The racers wouldn't have to make a decision of which track to be at when two different tracks have racing on the same day, it splits up the racing community. If a championship points series would happen, everyone at RCHR would know that we are all going to Wolcott, and everyone at Wolcott would know to go to RCHR= Bigger turnout for both tracks. I tried to get it to fly with Lester. RCHR has been racing on Wednesday's and Saturday's since we opened almost 8 years ago. We would never have racing on a Friday and Sunday, just for respectively knowing that Wolcott races on those days. I will continue to build new tracks and race on Wednesday's and Saturday's just as we have been doing since the doors opened at RCHR.

Me--John, Wolcott has asked the racers what day during the week they wanted to race, they all said they would like to race on Wednesday. So it was based on what the RC community wanted, also the low turnouts isnt because of wolcott racing its because of the way YOU treat your racers, maybe if you treated your racers with more respect and respected their opinions and actually left your pride at the door and listened to them then maybe your turnouts would be better, but dont play the blame game because the racers told us they want to race on Wednesdays. Also you started running your trophy events on sundays right after we started running dirt on sundays for a few years. If you have any farther comments or concerns please feel free to pm me

Just so everyone understands This is what john posted on the Wolcott Hobby forum and that was my responce
Originally Posted by smyka
John i have to agree with tyler 100 percent their was no reason for you to come on another forum and start issues lester has catered to the racers for as long as he has been in busniess and has only made improvements to his track to make the place better i have been to your track a bunck of times and its always the same very dusy i never see the air vents on last trophy race i had to ask jay to please turn the fans on cause it was so dusy i could not breath i left before the mains cause the program ran so slow and late that i had to go do to other oblagations . also can you please look at your prices again cause they are out of control i felt like i got a$$ raped with no lube when i bought a set of tires last race

This is all so true I agree 110% with both especially about pricing. I wish RCHR best of luck with your racing program see you guys elsewhere. Also I here you should treat your loyal employs better...
Old 12-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

I take into consideration Wolcott's trophy race schedule before making RCHR's every year. I am not here to bash you, or pick on prices, or conditions. Nor did I even mention anything about blaming Wolcott for a low turn out. The racer's spoke out to me about the layout and conditions. We made excellent improvements. New layout and watering plan.
If there is ever an issue, see myself or Willy and let us know. We are here to help everyone have a great time.
We do the best we can to make sure that everyone has a great time. We are making improvements to the facility every chance we get. My point is this: work together and be positive. Create a positive and happy atmosphere for the racing community. People would be more excited about going racing to either place if the chatter buzz is positive. I am simply trying to bring more people together all at once to race 1/10 Electric Off-Road to both facilities without taking anything away from either one of us.
The goal is to build a bigger racing community. Bring new people in. Have fun! This is the main reason that we do this. I am trying to help bring both tracks more business- more racers-more fun!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

I am looking forward to racing my toy cars in the big sand box. See you guys Weds and bring your SC trucks.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by race announcer
I take into consideration Wolcott's trophy race schedule before making RCHR's every year. I am not here to bash you, or pick on prices, or conditions. Nor did I even mention anything about blaming Wolcott for a low turn out. The racer's spoke out to me about the layout and conditions. We made excellent improvements. New layout and watering plan.
If there is ever an issue, see myself or Willy and let us know. We are here to help everyone have a great time.
We do the best we can to make sure that everyone has a great time. We are making improvements to the facility every chance we get. My point is this: work together and be positive. Create a positive and happy atmosphere for the racing community. People would be more excited about going racing to either place if the chatter buzz is positive. I am simply trying to bring more people together all at once to race 1/10 Electric Off-Road to both facilities without taking anything away from either one of us.
The goal is to build a bigger racing community. Bring new people in. Have fun! This is the main reason that we do this. I am trying to help bring both tracks more business- more racers-more fun!

Last edited by redskins; 12-16-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Not worth being said the truth speaks itself.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd appreciate if we can keep all of the negative comments to ourselves. There will be no further comments from RCHR on this topic.

I am hoping for all of our club members to come join me Wednesday night for some racing and some conversation about the track, shop, facility and race program.

Thank you

Will
Old 12-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Short course and mod stadium truck are making a come back. Had a great race last Weds and Sat in both classes and of course both buggy classes were hot.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, after a day of thought I am writing this in a reply to John's post. I can write a book of responses, but I am choosing not to. I am going to write a few points and my perspective on racing and the community and the relationship between the tracks. No digs, just what has happened as I see it.

I received a call yesterday from John in regards to racing, a series, and the community in general. I will agree that we are local competitors. That is business. I feed my children, support my household, and pay my bills through my stores. It is not a part time job, or a hobby for me. I must run it like a business or I will not succeed and be in the RC community or at my source of income. With that said. We have the longest running point series in the North East with the Barn, and we have another point series with Rc Madness. We tried to run a point series this past year. It did not work out. Without any blame of My-self or John. Summer time serves a big Nitro racing scene for Wolcott Hobby, massive tracks not suited for the electric 1/10 scale racing community. RCHR’s outdoor track is nor a suited venue for 1/8 Nitro buggies. The days did not work either. John was not willing to give up Saturdays for point series races because of his club racing, and we were not willing to give up Sundays because of the Nitro racing and the traveling that we were doing. I can only ask where the invite was when the Gallimods-RCHR point series was happening. I know there were some requests for another track involved, and my phone never rang. Why now? 3 years later? Why do I get the call when Gallimods is on the way out and RCHR is having low turnouts? As far as Trophy Race dates, we put ours out last year a year in advance, this year John handed a flyer with his dates on it and we did not schedule anything on them. Very Simple. As far as Wednesday and Saturday racing goes, yes, RCHR does race on those days. Even when they opened up and Pin Shop Hobby was in business with an established racing program on Saturdays already. And yes, RCHR has raced on Fridays as well, at least 3 different times in the past, an established day for my shops for the past 15 years. From my understanding the turnouts were not that high and RCHR made the decision to stop racing on that day and continue with Wednesday and Saturday only. For business reasons as well as listening to the racers. As far as Sunday goes, RCHR has been running trophy races on Sundays for the last 2 years or so. That is an established race day for my shops as well for the past 15 years. The switch was made because racers asked them to because of the difficulty of making it on a Saturday. They did the right thing, they listened to their core base of racers. As far as Wednesday nights for Wolcott Hobby to race, we have had requests for a week-day race for several weeks. So, we put it out to the community. They responded overwhelmingly for a Wednesday night program. So, we are following suit as other facilities have with their base of patrons and doing as the community has asked. Why is this such an issue when other facilities have put racing and Trophy races on days that we have established? We are making a business decision as well as tending to the request of our base. There is not target on anyone. I feel if anyone has a target, it may be Wolcott Hobby. We have endured shops opening up in our back yard, some mud-slinging, and we have even managed to expand to an indoor facility a few years ago. We even made it public knowledge that after we closed our first indoor shop in Wolcott that we were actively looking for the "right" facility in the greater Waterbury area. Wolcott Hobby will continue to do what we feel is right for our patrons and the community, as well as RCHR will do for theirs. Why is this an issue? I had a nice conversation with local racers who patrons both shops. He made the comment "it is nice to have a choice" of where to race. Others have stated that they may not wish to go to another facility, as others do not wish to come to mine, for any reasons of their own. I respect that. It is called choice. I am getting a bit long winded, so I am cutting this off now. There is so much more I can say, but I am choosing to be civil and professional, and respect the racing community and all of its members as well as shop owners. It is a competitive business. Some think it is tough and thankless. I LOVE IT. It is challenging, fun, full filling for me. I feel that every time a patron or racer walks through the door and buys a part, kit, or pays a race fee. That is my thanks. That person just reached into their pocket and took out their hard earned money and hand it to me. It is my responsibility to do the best job I can to full fill their expectations and desires in regards to the hobby. That is what a customer deserves, to be treated as I want to be treated. We may not make everyone happy, but we try, and we will continue to every day that we are open, and even some when we are closed. This will be my only post in regards to this matter. Anyone have questions or comments please feel free to pm me.

Thanks for all of the support over the years, it is greatly appreciated from myself and the entire WHS crew.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Turn the page, wash your hands
Old 12-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Turn the page, wash ur hands
Old 12-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Turn the page wash your hands
Old 12-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Another great night of racing and more importantly hanging out with great people. thank you for coming out tonight see you all Saturday!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.