Keep Tc3 or get Nt1?? >

Keep Tc3 or get Nt1??

Like Tree4Likes

Keep Tc3 or get Nt1??

Old 09-08-2017, 02:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Keep Tc3 or get Nt1??

Hey guys

Thought i would get some thoughts and opinions. I have a near new Nitro Tc3 and also have a Nt1r but don't like the Nt1r as i wanted the Nt1... I was not educated when i bought it and listened to the local hobby shop and it was a while ago. I have a mean motor in it and wondering if it would be worth putting in my Tc3 or get the Nt1 2017 or 2016 OR the Serpent Natrix 748 WC??

Cheers
Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitromad1020
Hey guys

Thought i would get some thoughts and opinions. I have a near new Nitro Tc3 and also have a Nt1r but don't like the Nt1r as i wanted the Nt1... I was not educated when i bought it and listened to the local hobby shop and it was a while ago. I have a mean motor in it and wondering if it would be worth putting in my Tc3 or get the Nt1 2017 or 2016 OR the Serpent Natrix 748 WC??

Cheers
The TC3 is a very old car now and not really supported. I'd be grabbing the current world champion car Serpent 748 WC!
TeamCarnage likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Tech Lord

The TC3 is still sold but as a RTR car.

If it is for fun the TC3 is still a good platform but if you want to race you do need something decent.....
Old 09-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Hey guys

Cheers
If your serious about racing I would also agree... Get the 748WC. The NTC3 is a grossly out dated by today's standards

Pass you soon...
Old 09-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Perfect guys, I thought so. I love Serpent as I have the 977e and it is insane. I also like the natrix, would the normal one be good even if it's not the WC edition??
Actually disregard that as I will make sure I get the WC edition :-)
Old 09-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Don't forget about the other cars out there, Mugen and Capricorn are very good cars too. The new WRC car just won the Euros.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Perfect guys, I thought so. I love Serpent as I have the 977e and it is insane. I also like the natrix, would the normal one be good even if it's not the WC edition??
Actually disregard that as I will make sure I get the WC edition :-)
Get the WC version. It's a properly sorted car.
Nitromad1020 likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nt1, serpent 7xx, Capricorn c03, Mtx6, etc, are all the same design.... The Ntc3 is basically the only other design choice that AE never upgraded until Bert did: check it out ! Hopefully AE will re-release the Ntc3 with the necessary upgrades soon...
Keep Tc3 or get Nt1??-imag2260.jpg
Old 09-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With the right parts, the NTC3 can compete with new cars. It's just a bit different driving it vs a belt car. Less rolling resistance is a big plus. Drivers win championships, not cars. Cars are only part of that equation, it's mostly driver at the end imo. Seen good drivers smoke guys with top shelf car and equip easily with old out dated cars.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
With the right parts, the NTC3 can compete with new cars. It's just a bit different driving it vs a belt car. Less rolling resistance is a big plus. Drivers win championships, not cars. Cars are only part of that equation, it's mostly driver at the end imo. Seen good drivers smoke guys with top shelf car and equip easily with old out dated cars.
The biggest drawback of the NTC3 vs current cars is the clutch. There is no way a three shoe spring loaded clutch is going to compete with a centax clutch. It would be easier finding a pink unicorn than a centax for an NTC3.
I too drove a NTC3 well past its prime.

Pass you soon...
Old 09-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
The biggest drawback of the NTC3 vs current cars is the clutch. There is no way a three shoe spring loaded clutch is going to compete with a centax clutch. It would be easier finding a pink unicorn than a centax for an NTC3.

Pass you soon...
The centax is really good at the start of a drag race, but its extra weight taxes the motor once the car gets going versus a three shoe AE cluch with aluminum bell and ofna diff lock lube on the inside of the bell...Centax will also kill the gears quicker: I prefer the modded soft AE clutch as it increases acceleration(without loss of control) and increases gas mileage...
Nitromad1020 likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lil-bump

Pass you soon...
I've got a bunch of kfactory units on hand. Replacement parts too. The factory clutch can be modded to work pretty well, actually. Parts are cheap for that one.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The centax is really good at the start of a drag race, but its extra weight taxes the motor once the car gets going versus a three shoe AE cluch with aluminum bell and ofna diff lock lube on the inside of the bell...Centax will also kill the gears quicker: I prefer the modded soft AE clutch as it increases acceleration(without loss of control) and increases gas mileage...
2 shoe stuff is all that's left these days.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
2 shoe stuff is all that's left these days.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Don't forget about the other cars out there, Mugen and Capricorn are very good cars too. The new WRC car just won the Euros.
WRC?? I love the look of the capricorn cars. What are they like??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.