Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Shepherd Velox V10 "WC"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Just in time for the upcoming World Championship 1/10 on-road in Miami we are happy to release the upgrade set ‘Velox V10 nineteen’.
The set contains new rear lower wishbones, new hinge pin brackets as well as a new rear upper arm mount.
The updated hinge pin position makes the Velox V10 turn faster into corners without loosing traction while a higher overall cornering speed is achived.
The hinge pin brackets are made of high quality 7075 T6 aluminium with blue or black anodizing finish while the upper arm mount his milled from high-quality carbon fibre material.The lower wishbones have been completly redesigned to fit the updated geometry and are injected with premium composite material. They are also available as a hard version with additional glas fibre to better suit hot conditions.The set [500006] and all parts are now available.

As you are used to from us, all parts can also be converted to your 'older' Velox V10 plattform.

Red RC ? RC Car News » Shepherd Velox V10 Nineteen upgrade set

QuiXoTic_NL likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

We have updated our setup sheet for the
Shepherd Velox V10 'nineteen'.
Edit, save and share your setups using Adobe Acrobat on Windows, iOS, Android or iPhone.

You can download it here:
www.team-shepherd.com/pdf/Setup_V10_2018_edit.pdf

Old 04-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newby Here!

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know I’ve really appreciated all the great information and wisdom concerning the hobby... I recently purchased a Shepherd Velox V10 Nineteen Kit along with an O.S. T1203. Nothing has arrived just yet, but I thought I’d get some recommendations for Radios, Receivers, Batteries, Starter Boxes, etc??? Also, does anyone sell a good Tool Set that has the majority of the tools for assembly/maintenance??? Again, I’m now so any and all suggestions I thank you in advance.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All comes down to budget, I like the Sanwa servos and radio equipment. As far as tools and misc gear, will you be racing? If so best bet is to go out to your local track and see what the locals have. There are relatively cheap tool sets, you'll need 1mm 2mm and 2.5mm for the most part. I've done it little by little.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

You will need snap ring pliers to build the kit as well.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by ashori; 03-06-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

I use Futaba BLS471 servos and they are great. Fast and a lot of torque.

As for starter box - mentioned are ok but pricey. I use Carson (one big motor, similar to Robitronic) and with some tune is OK.
Tires - 40/37 is what I use. Split depends on gearing on your car. You have to check (calculate) what is a difference between front and rear final gear ratio in your car.

Tools - I suggest to collect or buy set. The bare minimum 1.5, 2, 3 hex driver, clutch tool, glow plug wrench, flywheel tool, flat screwdriver (long), pliers. I mostly use Exceed but have changed tips (1.5 and 2) to carbide one made by Arrowmax. OS tools are also very high quality (I use their ball drivers) but pricey. My recommendation is to avoid cheapest tools. You will use them for that and other cars. So buy ones and good ones (not always the most expensive). There are some threads on this forum regarding quality of tools.

Battery - check your car. In case of my Mugen only one type fits without hassle (lipo pack).
Old 06-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Body Conversion

I’m just about done with assembly - This car is BadA$$! I had a couple more questions/issues

1) The sway bars in the front are binding with the drive shafts and the wishbone suspensions don’t seem to have a lot of vertical movement. Is that normal for a touring car or is something not right?

2) I purchased a 1968 f100 Vaterra Truck Body and of course it doesn’t line up with mounting brackets. Are there conversion kits available, which allow for universal mounting?

thank you in advance for all your help. I’ll send pictures soon. Great information on here!!!

Last edited by j_hausladen; 06-02-2019 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Amendment
Old 06-05-2019, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by j_hausladen
I’m just about done with assembly - This car is BadA$$! I had a couple more questions/issues

1) The sway bars in the front are binding with the drive shafts and the wishbone suspensions don’t seem to have a lot of vertical movement. Is that normal for a touring car or is something not right?

2) I purchased a 1968 f100 Vaterra Truck Body and of course it doesn’t line up with mounting brackets. Are there conversion kits available, which allow for universal mounting?

thank you in advance for all your help. I’ll send pictures soon. Great information on here!!!

Hi,
sorry for my late reply. We are pretty busy with races going on here in europe.
1) Do you have a photo? The swaybars should not touch the driveshafts, neither in neutral nor when the suspension is moving.

2) Unfortunatelly there is no Truck Body conversion kit. I have heard the first time about somebody using a truck body on a nitro tourer.
But when its finished, please send some pictures, looking forward to see something like this.

If you need any further help, let me know.

Greetings

Thilo
Team Shepherd
j_hausladen likes this.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

So who support shepherd in the u.s a.? Also where do people not sell there v10 chassis as I can't find a used one for sale at all? so is the chassis that good?
Old 03-02-2020, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer034life
So who support shepherd in the u.s a.? Also where do people not sell there v10 chassis as I can't find a used one for sale at all? so is the chassis that good?
the car finished third at the last World Championship event.

it is multiple national champion at different countries around the world.

shepherd are a small company and don’t have the fancy marketing or budget that other brands have.

not too many for sale as the car is really good and shepherd don’t go releasing a new car every year (which is why people often sell other brands so they can buy the newer version)

good luck
Old 03-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

https://team-shepherdusa.com/ Greg and Melenie Esser of Nuggets Ranch fame are US Distributors