Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Telemetry System (nitro)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

And hook the Personal Transponder where?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, but the aux port was not designed to plug the Personal Transponder.... From the spektrum point of view, they don't need to suply a cable to connect the PT
Old 02-14-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

then where would you plug in the batt switch
Old 02-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

the battery switch is inline with the battery.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

I always had better luck with the RPM sensors when I mounted them on the main shaft or rear diff. These rotate slower and you don't have to worry about knowing what gear you're in for the car speed.

If you're not going to use the lap counter and have access to a PC at the track Eagletree also has a logger for a few temps, RPM, voltage and current (for electrics). Costs a little less and it works pretty well.

For the temp complaints, the thermistor that is used is always more accurate than the mini temp guns that we use. A temp gun is only accurate for the surface that it is set for (shiny vs. dull or different materials). Measuring the temp with a gun at the glow plug and putting the thermistor at the side of the head also can give wildly different readings because they're different locations. It's kind of like measuring the temp on your face compared to your hand.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default antenna

..It says in the manual you can cut the antenna wire down to 3.5 ". Are any of you forgoing the plastic antenna tube altogether? I would like to eliminate the plastic tube and just coil the antenna wire and fasten it to the radio plate. Does anyone see any problem with this?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'v cut mine down to 4 inches and have a tube about 2 inches tall. It looks funny, but works.

Also, I have my telemetry system for sale. I have the lap trigger too. I used it for 2 weekends of testing and removed it from the car. It has 2 rpm sensors, 1 new in package and 1 used. I like the system, but my racing season only has 1 more race till the fall. Anybody interested, 130 shipped with the trigger, sent priority mail in the US...
Old 03-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

does it have to be cut, cant you just wrap it?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys:

About the lap timing system. It is working ok for me, but one in 7 laps I get 1 lap at 0,17 seconds. However, it only happens when I'm retrieving the data, durind the run it gives the right lap time value.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont know if anyone still reads this thread, but I reply anyway.
Hey EDWARDO, I just tried the telemetry, or I am just hooking it up, i noticed when i put the RPM sensor on the front axle, with a black line painted on it, it would not only count the black line, but would also count the scratches on the axle.
So if you are still having trouble getting the rpm to read correctly, try maybe putting where there is no scratches on the surface, it worked for me.
You also could put a piece of black tape around the axle so the surface was consistent, and then stick the silver sticker on it or a white pen mark, or visa versa.
You can use the speed of this axle RPM to compare with other times you run, eg: 5000rpm on this shaft in run 1 of the day, is a bit faster than 4000 rpm on this shaft in run 2 of the day, Do you get what I'm saying?
Old 04-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
..It says in the manual you can cut the antenna wire down to 3.5 ". Are any of you forgoing the plastic antenna tube altogether? I would like to eliminate the plastic tube and just coil the antenna wire and fasten it to the radio plate. Does anyone see any problem with this?
From the Spektrum FAQ

Originally Posted by Spektrum FAQ
Does the antenna have to be vertical?
The antenna can be either vertical, or start out vertical and then bend to horizontal. The only condition to be avoided is having a completely horizontal antenna.
Cache Ya,
Craig.