Old 02-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff how does the RR compare to the MTX4 they seem to be good kits
Old 02-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChApS
Jeff how does the RR compare to the MTX4 they seem to be good kits
Of course this is somewhat subjective but, I think the 05RR is a stronger car first of all. The MTX-4 is a bit faster in most conditions except maybe on meduim sized very high traction tracks where other cars start to traction roll. Over all though, they are both good cars that are a lot of fun to race. That's why I have them both!!

JEFF
Old 02-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with the high traction tracks. The FW-05RR is awesome in those conditions. It's a hand full to drive in low bite conditions though and top speed may leave it lacking to the belt cars. The only weak links in the car are the brake adapter and the rear suspension blocks.

In my opinion the MTX-4 is a stronger car.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:41 PM

Hey guys I am selling off my FW-05RR which is pretty much race ready. I dont have the time this summer to run nitro it seems, so I gotta sell it.

This thing is as good as it gets ready to go. Its bomb proof, stable, and corners like its on rails. (way better than it did stock)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101495

I spent all spring and summer testing and forming this into the best car I could for handling. I think I got it when the hot guy at the track told me this handles better than any car he has driven.

Help me help you!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what is the difference between the FW-05R and the RR? i was looking at this car, but i don't see any difference.

also, where can you find these cars in the U.S. online? i can't find one anywhere.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
what is the difference between the FW-05R and the RR? i was looking at this car, but i don't see any difference.

also, where can you find these cars in the U.S. online? i can't find one anywhere.
www.ultimatehobbies.com
www.rckenon.com

These two shops may not have them on their site, but if you contact them, they can ship the car to you.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002

< Benefits of Converting to FW-05RR >
Improved rigidity and lower C of G results from modified upper bracket shape and altered front upper arm installation.
Uses the same front knuckles as the World Championship dominating V-ONE RRR. Kingpin angle has been changed to 0 degrees from 2 degrees. Results in improved rigidity of the steering arm and optimal Ackerman.
Uses same rear hubs as the World Champion V-ONE RRR. Precision setting adjustments are made possible. Higher roll center realizes smaller roll axis and smoother return.
Rear suspension arm on the chassis side has been changed to harder single-side supported shaft. Realizes reliable axis rotation and smoother suspension stroke.

Parts difference:
< Kit Contents >
Swing Shaft (No.VS023)
Front Upper Bracket (No.VS037)
Front Upper Sus. Shaft (No.VS038)
Carbon Upper Deck (No.VS039)
Rear Sus. Arm Set (No.VZ004C)
Front Knuckle Arms (No.VZ201)
Rear Hub (No.VZ202)
All screw types
Old 02-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

ok, thanks. how would you compare this to the NTC3 or the Tamiya TG-10 Mk.2?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:06 PM

Pretty much the only car that could best it I think would be the VOne RRR WC

Beyond that on a Med to high bite surface its pretty damn lethal. I raced it on a parking lot surface track and still was DAMN fast with it.

If yout want a car thats well ballanced, VERY solid and robust, and easier to drive the FW-05RR is pretty much as good as you can go besides the full RRR WC.

(and if you want one thats even better than a stock RR, buy mine! its VERY well situated, and ran along side and beat RRR's in races I ran.)
Old 02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

i think i'm liking the FW-05RR more and more. my NTC3 is just so "old tech" and outdated that i want something that has a fresher design and can better compete. the NTC3 lacks hopups, even from AE. does Kyosho offer alot of hop-ups for the car, or do you really not need to add anything more to it to be a competitive club racing car?

by the way, i too race on parking lot surfaces (my club sets up boards and such after we blow off the surface with a leaf blower). i would say that by the mains, the track has a good medium bite surface (with the 1/8 cars laying down some rubber and oil to make it tacky). i usually change tires throughout the day (as in i usually go higher in shore as the day goes on b/c the traction gets better).
Old 02-12-2006, 06:42 PM

Its the first Nitro sedan that I really really like. as I said I dont want to sell mine, but I have to because I dont have the time to run it anymore.

if you wanted to get into the RR cheap, the deal I am offering is killer. The car, all the parts, starterbox, Integy setup system, Pinion tool, tires, extra plugs, an engine.

I am eager to sell it... because I fear if I dont I will change my mind hehe
Old 02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

i checked out your sale thread. looks like a great deal. i don't get any cash until probably the 25th of this month, plus i might have to sell the NTC3 before then too. do you think you will be able to hold off? (just take it into consideration that i change my mind every 10 seconds, so i might be onto something else by then ).
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Got my techwell engine the other day as a club racer first bump it starts not a problem.
yet to test the engine just got through break in.
I also got a futaba high torque for the steering.

Cant wait for the weekend.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default liar

It was the second bump chaps
Old 02-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

does the "R" version come with the carbon fiber parts (etc. upper deck)? or is it only available in the "RR" version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.