Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho FW-05RR Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default fw05r

Hey guys there is much more info on all versions of the fw05r including the fw05rr on the fw05r thread.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:52 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I love my RR... I found it had better turn in, and jump off the line than almost any other car we had at the track this summer. Its one of the first cars I have owned that I am not buying really anything for this winter. (well maybe a set of the hardened 37T gears... I have 39T in it now since I raced on a small technical track last year but am going to a more open fast one this year.)

The car is pretty modded with reasonable mods that either helped stiffen it, or harden it against damage (or make it more reliable).

some pics of my RR from last season:

Big pics:
http://clegg.procooling.com/rc/RR-endofseason/RR2.jpg
http://clegg.procooling.com/rc/RR-endofseason/RR3.jpg

Smaller pic attached:
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho FW-05RR Forum-rr1.jpg  
Old 01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice rr man. i like ur gearbox, is that 3 racing?
Old 01-07-2006, 04:33 PM

Yeh its the 2 peice 3Racing RR center gear box. It makes it nice and easy to remove the center gear at the track to either fix something or replace a spur. I had to grind a bit away from the top deck to make it easier to remove the gears... but it was worth it!

The driveline in the car is so free and smooth that I can spin one wheel and get the entire driveline to spin freely for almost 8 seconds. Its more free than my 1/12th scale rear axle.

It also has all Ti hinge pins, pivot balls, and turn buckles.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default clegg

Nice i think i will one for get mine then. it like a few little presents every now and then.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

Does any one know a horespower rating on the sirio evo 3?
and does anyone know the australian price on these monsters.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Rookie

I have the 05rr and I'm not to happy with this car. I have driven the RRR and 05 doesn't seem to put the power to the pavement like the RRR. I see great potential with this car, but I'm haveing problems with dog bones that keep popping out,and the shocks leak. I'm not sure what the rear high or low blocks do for the car. I have a front oneway and want to change over to a diff-gear. What parts would I need? Where in the US is a good place to buy parts? I don't want to put my towell in the ring just yet. any help would be great.

The track that I run on is small,tight and a parking lot.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FXDAVILA
I have the 05rr and I'm not to happy with this car. I have driven the RRR and 05 doesn't seem to put the power to the pavement like the RRR. I see great potential with this car, but I'm haveing problems with dog bones that keep popping out,and the shocks leak. I'm not sure what the rear high or low blocks do for the car. I have a front oneway and want to change over to a diff-gear. What parts would I need? Where in the US is a good place to buy parts? I don't want to put my towell in the ring just yet. any help would be great.

I will tell you that (in my opinion) the 05RR's weakness is small slick tracks. You will need to get a front diff for sure. I don't have all of the part numbers handy but I will try to look them up. Kyosho of America sells direct and is very helpful if you can't find a local shop. I don't run dog bones but make sure you don't have too much steering throw or the pivot balls out to far or forgot the rubber o-ring's on the diff side to keep the dog bones in place. For setup try this: run 8000 diff oil in the front and the rear, lay the rear shocks all the way down, run about 30 or 40 weight oil in the shocks and silver springs all around. This setup is very soft but will get you close.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FXDAVILA

Hi Guys Well im Happy now because im trying to make some post for about 6 months but I have some problems with my configuration and at last someone fix my problem.
Well FXDavila i think that you have some settings problems. In our country Puerto Rico My friend Havy And i run the rr with diff gear with 120.000 grease.
in front and 30.000 rear, Our tracks are fast and tight and parking lot too.
With that settng your car is quick than a belt car entering the corners.The leak in your shocks is that the bladder is broken or missing.If you adjust to much your shocks the bladder that seal is going to brake...

Im going to put all my settings later to see if I can help with that

PD Sorry with my English words because SOLO ESPAņol jejjejeee
Old 01-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

if you want to see the full potentiol out of you're FW you need to test it on a larger open track as thats what they were designed for.
And theres no need to compare a FW to a v1 RRR on a small track as thats what the v1 is designed for.
Unless you have a good setup.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChApS
if you want to see the full potentiol out of you're FW you need to test it on a larger open track as thats what they were designed for.
And theres no need to compare a FW to a v1 RRR on a small track as thats what the v1 is designed for.
Unless you have a good setup.
I disagree. I have had both cars each for a year. First the FW-05R then the V-One RRR. I've also tried the RR conversion on the FW. To me the FW-05 is more of a parking lot car and the RR conversion was to make it better on bigger tracks where you are mostly on power. The V-One RRR works everywhere but is especially good for open tracks. The FW-05 is only REALLY GOOD when the traction is extremely high. You can run much softer tires than any belt car without a hint of traction rolling.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

i always thought that the FW and V-one were designed for diffrent purposes.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

The FW 05 is for corner to corner. And you have to have a powerful and torque motor to survive on open track. And you must have the right ring gear for different track too.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

The FW 05 is for corner to corner. And you have to have a powerful and torque motor to survive on a open track. And you must have the right ring gear for different track too.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Jeff, thanks for your response. I'm looking for information; like what's in your post.

I'm not trying to start a RRR VS 05RR debat. I just looking for some answers to some problems that I'm having.

Chaps, what would be a good setup for a small track. Please give some examples. Thanks. droop,ride height, tyre shore,spring rate,camber,caster,toe-in,to-out.........

I also have some questions about proper gear mesh. The correct amount of shims on each side of the diff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.