Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virginia Racers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Virginia Racers

I am interested in racing nitro, on road either 1/8 or 1/10 in Virginia. I have researched the web for tracks. Results seem inconsistent. Where is the best place? What size is most popular in Virginia?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think almost always 1/10th scale will be more popular and avialable to run. But you just gotta research , cause buying cars should truly be based on what tracks you have available to run. Which you seem to be already doing.

Kinda like me....I have areas that I might move to , but they have no on-road support and im pretty much an on-road guy.

What I found works best is calling your LHS and asking them , they usually have some people in the know for whats good and whats not in the area.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mar35
I am interested in racing nitro, on road either 1/8 or 1/10 in Virginia. I have researched the web for tracks. Results seem inconsistent. Where is the best place? What size is most popular in Virginia?

Richmond is running both. I think that in the DC area there is more 1/10. What area in VA?
Old 12-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

where you at in VA?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I am in Richmond. I have a Revo and there does not seem to be much organized racing for that here. I was curious about the 1/8 scale activity in the Central Virginia area because that Kyosho Evolva 2005 is calling my name. I wish I could find some people messing with those cars in the area.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://www.vorra.org/

right in Richmond, VA. 1/8th is a go there!!
Old 12-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For 1/10th and 1/8th on-road try this url

SARA
Old 12-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mar35
I am in Richmond. I have a Revo and there does not seem to be much organized racing for that here. I was curious about the 1/8 scale activity in the Central Virginia area because that Kyosho Evolva 2005 is calling my name. I wish I could find some people messing with those cars in the area.
i race the Evolva 2005 and in richmond. i have a set-up for that track. the season is over for now. i think they start back up in march or april.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow! That was more response than I expected to receive. Now I know I have to have that car in my garage. The S.A.R.A. site was excellent. I hope to be catching up to you guys this spring.
How about if I just pave my 4 acres and we lay down a permanent track? Right.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:55 PM

Here's a very nice track in the country in Va I used to visit some. These racers and the owner are some of the best people you'd ever wanta meet. The track is awsome! The track is layed out on 3 different levels, you'd think it would be hard to drive or set the car up for it, but, its not. It's very fast and smooth, and over 900 ft of racing surface. It's not in Richmond but Harrisonburg, and I think thats alittle over an hr. away from Richmond, but.... It's well worth your drive, Hell, I'm 3hrs away and raced there.

www.linvillehobbies.com