Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Cars need to have red bulkheads to be seriously competitive.

Kindest regards,
Capricorn Lars.
yes they do ,it makes them easier to find in the grass have fun down at the titles.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Blis:

Did you end up doing the upgrades to the drivetrain from the 09 G4RS?

Andrew
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Blis:

Did you end up doing the upgrades to the drivetrain from the 09 G4RS?

Andrew
None of it fits and I didnt expect it to either. After all I did the write up and I knew it was a complete change in design. Didnt cost me much so Im not bothered.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
None of it fits and I didnt expect it to either. After all I did the write up and I knew it was a complete change in design. Didnt cost me much so Im not bothered.
Thanks Harry, all the best to you and the boys this week at the Nationals.

Andrew
Old 10-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Thanks Harry, all the best to you and the boys this week at the Nationals.

Andrew
Tks Andew, will make sure I get some footage of Luis and brendon for you, we're packed, have two cams to take down and hope to return a content dad and have plenty of awesome footage for all to enjoy.

Lue's G4 is as ready as can be, it's now got more power than ever and it will be very interesting to see how it copes on the bottom end with the 353. Guy set his fastest lap at Brendale with a Sirio in a G$ and now it's Luke turn to show me what it can do.

The field is mighty strong and the a-main is almost a given, so it's going to be an interesting race strategy. Even getting into the top 18/30 is going to be a challenge and I doubt anyone will be taking it easy.

We're banking on nursing the car and waiting for an opportunity to put a good qual in if possible. While we dont have high expectations, this is RC and anything can happen but we arent banking on luck, just doing our best to reduce the bad luck. For us it's a matter of enjoying the best 1:10 racing and being a participant to make it a better spectacle.

thanks for the encouragement.

h

PS; One of these days I trust we'll see you on the drivers stand with us and share the awesome time we have without prejudice to rank or final position. It really is an awesome feeling to drive at your best, in amongst the best and have the top drivers acknowledge how well you do with the experience and equipment you have.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Better late then never, but I hope everyone had an enjoyable & safe Christmas... Noticed Team Magic online stores are a dieing breed rcmanufactory(?) no longer exists (website didn't work on the 27-12-2011, worked following day for me) and Machinaria is closing or has closed already.

Wish everyone all the best in the new year!

Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 12-28-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Bundy - This is not good news... What is more sad is this thread!

I wish all a happy new year and all the best in R/C in 2012

Thanxs
Old 12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Servo

Hi again

I keep breaking my servo for steering. The last time i use my G4JR it was broken when i come home.

Thank you for listening

Thanxs
Old 12-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
Hi again

I keep breaking my servo for steering. The last time i use my G4JR it was broken when i come home.

Thank you for listening

Thanxs
Hey dude

Sorry to hear about your radio problems, guess it's time to purchase a better quality radio and servos. This can always be an expensive purchase, depending on what level you want. I have been using a FlySky GT3-B of late and it's been very good for the money and the receivers are cheap. I liked this because I could have multiple cars setup using the same controller for not a lot of money. Downside has been the lack of adjustment for steering and throttle trim compared to my Spektrum.

My latest purchase is a new Sirio engine.... my brother has an RB Matrix which is Sirio based and it's been a dream.

Enjoy your new years & hope to see you online a bit more in 2012!

Andrew
Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Hi again

Thank you for listening

Thanxs

The gap for the steering rod is very tight, (DEPENDING ON SERVO TYPE, IT CAN PUSH AGAINST SERVO HOUSING) you need to shim servo mounts and use a horn that works with the servo. You've checked the spring tension on the servo saver?

There's also a throttle servo horn and separate steering horn.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

The gap for the steering rod is very tight, (DEPENDING ON SERVO TYPE, IT CAN PUSH AGAINST SERVO HOUSING) you need to shim servo mounts and use a horn that works with the servo. You've checked the spring tension on the servo saver?

Harry:

The H.A.R.D servos are screwed straight in with no spaces at all. I am pretty sure they don't give you them either. Servos are junk in my opinion.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Mr Blis

I not have any spacers, the standard servo is screwed straight to mount. It feels very cheap plastic cog, I will change them soon.

Andrew tell me he was thinking of getting another G4, but he not as no friendly people here

Thanxs
Old 12-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Mr Blis

I not have any spacers, the standard servo is screwed straight to mount. It feels very cheap plastic cog, I will change them soon.

Andrew tell me he was thinking of getting another G4, but he not as no friendly people here

Thanxs
Poo, we struggled with finding a good solution to the EVO. Some servos had a lump too large on the cap and it would rub on the steering arm and stress the li nkages and servo.

Grab all the servo, arm and linkages allow for some extra time to mix and match and shim the servo with whatever you have to line it up between to small gap without the steering connection touching the servo at full lock.

It's not to sort of thing you want o do at the track...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Mr Blis

Thanxs
Hey Dude

You tried, but in the end i went a different way.

Andrew
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mongoose conversion

Hi guys does any1 know if the mongoose can be converted to a g4rs i found 1 conversion here:
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...4145&pageNum=2

I also know there is a g4s upgrade somewhere out there on the net but is the mongoose compatible with either of these two are am i going to have to just settle for buying loads of little option parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.