Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by daniz24
spring red, orange, yellow. tension 0.3-0.6mm. with and without weight. 0.4-0.6mm gap. I think almost all setup we already try.
I have used from between .6 and .8 clutch gap, Start with the Orange spring (1.7). Use both weights.end float should be minimal.Spring tension start from .5 upto .8 dont go beyong .8 or the clutch will just slip.

These settings should work 100% of the time (by this i mean operates not tuned 100% correctly ) Although may need adjustments to get it how you like it.

If this does not work your method of setting the clutch gap maybe suspect ?
How are you doing this.There isnt too much to go wrong with this new clutch as we have found it to be very reliable.Point to note is when adjusting the tension do this in very small increments (5 mins at a time)
Old 05-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default Toledo Set-up for GLC and everyday racing.

Here is a set-up I ran at the Toledo track that worked very well for me. Many thanks to Dennis, Brian and Dave for the set-up tips. Brian is an awesome driver. He's so smooth and can push his car way harder than I did. My car was fast......and very very easy to drive. Just wish I would have pushed it harder. Anyways here's the set-up:

FRONT SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
Ride height 4mm
Front Track width 196mm
Sway Bar flat
Front Springs- Aqua
Front Shock pistons- 2hole pistons with Associated 60wt Oil
Front shock position on A-arm- Outside hole
Front Shock position 2nd hole in on K-factory shock tower.
Front Caster- Large clip in front of upper control and two smaller clips behind
Front Toe Out- .5 degrees each side
Front Camber- 1.5 degrees each side
Steering Link on furthest hole out on Steering knuckle
Front Droop adjusted so there was no gap between shock collar and spring with the car on blocks and the suspension hanging free.

Rear Geometry
Ride height 4.5 mm
Rear track width 198mm
Sway Bar 75 degrees
Rear Springs Kit silver
Rear shock pistons two hole drilled to 1.2mm with 60wt assoc. shock oil
Rear shock position on outside hole of a-arm
Rear shock position in third hole in on shock tower
Rear Camber links...top hole on knuckle.....lower mount hole on the inside
Rear Toe in 3 degrees
Rear camber 3.5 degrees
Rear droop set the same as in the front. No gap between shock collars and spring with suspension fully unloaded.

Transmission Overdrive set-up run. Overdrive is used to help lower the rear roll center because of the 3.5mm split needed by overdrive set-up.
19 tooth side pulley
18 tooth brake pulley
Clutch Bell 19t 1st gear, 24t second gear
Ist gear spur 51, 2nd gear spur 46
Rear Diff fluid OFNA 7,000wt oil.

Clutch Set-up:
Clutch bell endplay .3mm
Clutch spring Orange
Clutch spring tension set at .75mm
Clutch shoe red
Clutch shoe weights red no added weights

Motor O.S. Richey modified with Sirio Efra 2611 pipe.
OS P8 plug with factory head clearance
Fuel used 30% Byrons Original

Tires
58mm Jaco nitro shoe fronts
61.5mm Jaco 40 2stage nitro shoe rears

Body : Didge Stratus 3.1

For the main I ran the front ride height at 4.5 mm and the rear at 5mm. Tires were 59mm and 62.5mm starting out.

If bite gets crazy I will go to 40 or 42 shore fronts, and work with the front sway bar.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Forgot

Jaco 38 shore fronts for the club race.....opppsss
Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Team magic cars are fast becoming the most popular cars at the Aldershot club.
6 TM drivers improved their personal best race times on Sunday yet we are not all running the same set up.
I have now improved from 21:307 (set with RRR) to 22:313.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Ray's car was absolutly awesome over the weekend. It was a rocket on wheels. Brian's car was a little back on power and a little overdamped in the rear but Brian put the hurt on everyone. Daves VDS car was very fast to.

G4's finished 1 and 3 in the sedan race.

Next week we get to race the masses in cincinatti at mws #1
Old 05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

RayJ,

How do you find the red clutch shoes ?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Red clutch shoes

I like them alot. Less wear then the standard shoes, and less sensitive to overheating them.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Alan
This isn't a contradiction to what your opinion as I agree with it for the most part, its just the fact that we have raced the car many different places from and have a much larger pool of information to pull from over the last 3 years we have raced the car at these and many more tracks around the US FT,Myers,Cincinatti,Sugerbowl,Rev,Vegas,Toledo,Chi cago,Wisconsin,given the current crop of engines we almost never use 19 first gear even on a track as big as cincinatti which has a 280 ft straight, On that track we will use the 19 stock internal ratio with 24 on second and 18 on first and it is just about perfect. We have raced the car all over the country and we have a real good handle on where to gear the car. Your right its engine dependent but those gear ratios work good on over the counter engines like the Rody mods and sirios. If you have to run gears taller then 18/24 90% of the time the motor you are running isn't a serious HP maker anyway. Most of the guys that run for us make the shows or are right in there. I can tell you the standard gearing we use at toledo is 18 internals with 18/23 or 24 on 59 MM tires
RayJ
I guess we're just unexperienced guys who have been running the G4S/G4 for two years with no experience and we should just hang our head in shame when it comes to understanding how to gear it. hehehehehe......j/k kidding bud!!

I guess I wasn't wrong after all.... Since you were using a Richy Mod. OS TZ... No hard feelings... I'm happy you guys are doing well...

RC_Alan
Old 05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

I just posted some good, neat and simple little tidbits from Muppet's car on 3hobby.net, a car/driver combo that has won the first 2 rounds of the UK BRCA Nationals.

There's a few pics and a couple of new "go-fast" stuff on his car. Check it out!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default delete

Deleted

Last edited by RayJ; 05-01-2006 at 08:38 PM. Reason: irrevelant
Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why do ppl run overdrive?
How does it affact tyre wear?
What is the performance gain?
When should we use overdrive?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Overdrive

Car Breaker. Overdrive will accomplish afew things. With the above set-up on the trensmission, you have to run a 3.5 mm larger rear tire to get a 1 to 1 drive ratio front to back. In order for the car to have the correct ride height, you must lower the rear end of the car. This causes a larger angle downward for the rear suspension arm and upper camber link. This causes a lower roll center in the rear of the car. This helps in gaining rear traction if your looking to gain rear traction.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
Car Breaker. Overdrive will accomplish afew things. With the above set-up on the trensmission, you have to run a 3.5 mm larger rear tire to get a 1 to 1 drive ratio front to back. In order for the car to have the correct ride height, you must lower the rear end of the car. This causes a larger angle downward for the rear suspension arm and upper camber link. This causes a lower roll center in the rear of the car. This helps in gaining rear traction if your looking to gain rear traction.
what if I use uncut tyre, what will br the affact?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
Here is a set-up I ran at the Toledo track that worked very well for me. Many thanks to Dennis, Brian and Dave for the set-up tips. Brian is an awesome driver. He's so smooth and can push his car way harder than I did. My car was fast......and very very easy to drive. Just wish I would have pushed it harder. Anyways here's the set-up:

FRONT SUSPENSION GEOMETRY ....... you can read this in Ray's post above so I'll clip it from here.....
I ran my shakedown test on the G4S this sunday just past, and I can't believe how close we are on setup! The only differences were that I didn't run the red clutch bits or the overdrive, and I ran a little more ride height. The other thing was that I found it worked a little better with 1 x 1.3mm hole in the front shock pistons (the other hole as standard 0.9mm or 1mm I think) and I ran the rears with 2 x 1.3mm holes. I think I'm gonna have to try 3 big holes and see what happens!

Not bad for a track that's in another Hemisphere! he he.

You know a car is good when you feel it is underpowered!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Response

Zoom.........Hello to Ossieland!! I tried three hole shock pistons. It's okay for a very bumpy track, but on really high bite stuff the car was really lazy and didn't react fast enough.

Car Breaker-the front wheels will be driving the car faster than the rears. The car will push.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.