Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freestyles
It's on the entry of a corner, the second the wheels turn in the rear end just slides out. I'm just worried if i put the 25k in the rear it would add to the push you normally get with spools ......

Cheers guys
If your car oversteers off power entering a corner, you should check the following, one change at a time in this order:

First Step:
Check tweak
Try harder front tyres
Try harder front springs
Reduce front negative camber
Raise front ride height

Second Step:
Reduce rear droop
Stiffen front roll bar
Decrease front toe out

Third Step:
Check differentials /spool
Lower front upper shock position
Increase front shock dampening(thicker silicone)
Increase front caster

AFM
Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Someone has the XXX-main set up guide Nah thanks mate i'm going to the track today for a run so i will let you's know how i went. Thanks for the help
Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by British Menace
The stiffer rear sway bar would transfer the weight to the outside rear wheel earlier and give you the extra rear grip you need, although from what you've said, you may want to also check your 'droop' setting on your car.

With the car set on the set up table (ready to race just without the body)
Gently lift the rear of the car. You should be able to raise the rear of the chassis by around 3 - 4mm before the rear tires lift off the ground! With the front its a little less .... around 2mm.

Hope this helps.

British Menace
Cool thanks mate i will try that out
Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys how can i get the front and rear belt tighter in my g4js?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by revo523
I'm not to sure mate. I don't have the JS but by the sounds of it there are no tensioners on it so i wouldn't think there would be to much you could do but i may be wrong. If you find a way post it up for us to have a look
Old 11-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Sorry for double post i don't know how it happened
Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For some reason the rubber type belts on the JS and JR are really loose - get yourself the belts from the RS or the G4+, much better
Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With the car set on the set up table (ready to race just without the body)
Gently lift the rear of the car. You should be able to raise the rear of the chassis by around 3 - 4mm before the rear tires lift off the ground! With the front its a little less .... around 2mm.

Hope this helps.

British Menace
using yr method, my front actually is more than my rear. although i've set my front to have more droop (droop gauge smaller number on front than rear).
something wrong?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey Undies!shoosh dont tell anyone, only kidding, sad but true 5 kids and a new offroad track opening here soon forced my hand but all good I am looking forward to concentrating on offroad in 2009.
a big thanks goes out to the regular tm guys who helped me out in this forum over the last 2 years!
cheers
hmm...i'm suspecting u went to NT1.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
using yr method, my front actually is more than my rear. although i've set my front to have more droop (droop gauge smaller number on front than rear).
something wrong?
Hello NitroWD,

Using the droop guages. You want to have a slightly higher number at the front then at the rear. This will give you 'more' droop at the rear then the front.
A little confusing I know but that is the ideal. (more droop at the rear then the front!)

Have less or very little droop at the front will really help with on-power steering of the car. Haveing more droop (or down travel of the rear wheels ..... same thing) will 'allow' the rear to roll more which it will 'want' to do due to the higher roll centre found at the rear of the car.

Be careful measuring droop with guages. The amount of droop you need or like in the car is directly related to tire size and ground clearence (ride hight) !!!

Remeber "Droop" is the amount of movement each weel has from its position at the car's ride hight, to when the wheel can't go down any more.

Note: Check to make sure that your shock lengths are long enough to let you have your "desired" droop / wheel down travel !!

Hope this helps. Can be a little confusing.

British Menace
Old 11-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hi revo523,

Just as been said. I think the belts that come with this car, although good, are slightly big, or get stretched easily on the front and rear.

Try getting the RS or aftermarket belts.

Just for your information:

There's no way of tightening the front belt.
There are two types of rear belt tensioners out. One version attaches to the Brake cross bracket on top of the baulkheads. This was used on some EVO cars.

The other method was designed for the S and is incorporated on the RS and the new Plus EVO and attaches to the chassis.

My advise would be to buy a new RS belt for the front and rear and get one of the rear belt tensioning systems for the rear belt.

Hope this helps.

British Menace
Old 11-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello NitroWD,

Using the droop guages. You want to have a slightly higher number at the front then at the rear. This will give you 'more' droop at the rear then the front.
A little confusing I know but that is the ideal. (more droop at the rear then the front!)

British Menace
isn't it usually set with smaller droop numbers at the front than the rear (meaning more front droop) ?
e.g. the stock setup for G4 is front 2 and rear 3 right? and elsewhere i've looked also mentioned smaller droop numbers for the front.

so..., what's the usual droop settings for the RS?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
isn't it usually set with smaller droop numbers at the front than the rear (meaning more front droop) ?
e.g. the stock setup for G4 is front 2 and rear 3 right? and elsewhere i've looked also mentioned smaller droop numbers for the front.

so..., what's the usual droop settings for the RS?
the lower the number the more droop you have. more front droop will give more weight transfer to the rear of the car, giving a feeling of more rear grip. more droop the car has, the less responsive it can be. to make the car resposive try a higher roll center, harder swaybar, harder springs. biggest thing is springs, and shock setup. if you pick up one end of your car and the suspension doesnt sag all the way to droop, then you havev a problem. arm binding, shocks not oiled properly, or springs not long enough to help the arms travel to full droop. dont be scared to harden up all round either springs or swaybars if your searching for grip, too soft and it can be collapsing it self and be loosing grip this way.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi revo523,

Just as been said. I think the belts that come with this car, although good, are slightly big, or get stretched easily on the front and rear.

Try getting the RS or aftermarket belts.

Just for your information:

There's no way of tightening the front belt.
There are two types of rear belt tensioners out. One version attaches to the Brake cross bracket on top of the baulkheads. This was used on some EVO cars.

The other method was designed for the S and is incorporated on the RS and the new Plus EVO and attaches to the chassis.

My advise would be to buy a new RS belt for the front and rear and get one of the rear belt tensioning systems for the rear belt.

Hope this helps.

British Menace
i guess i will order new belts but for right now can i run it like this with out affecting any performance out of the car? also i notice i dont have front and rear swaybars so i want to get some but which ones should i get?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Revo,

I would get sway bars front and rear.

It gives you some nice adjustment for fine tuning the car front to rear balance to get the car just how you want it.

The rear you have two options.
I personally like the new one which fits on top of the rear baulkheads..... beware though. This bar needs other parts so as to fit (ie: New rear baulkheads etc)
Or the rear one which came with the 'S' model. Which still does the job well and would be much cheeper to get as you don't need any extra parts.

These bars really do 'settle' the rear end of the car down alot.

Another word on your belts. Don't worry too much if they are a little loose. On the up side. It will cut down on belt friction and as long as you ensure the pulleys line up well. You shouldn't see any advers effect's

All the best

British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.