Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Conrod

Hey guys just ordered new conrod for my LL3 is there anything I should be weary of or need to do when changing it and also will I need to run it in again.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Shano you can run it it in a bit but nothing as dramatic as a new engine.
Just get it started and idling a bit and then hit teh track at ok pace for a good few laps or tank at most and it should be good to go.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
Thats correct max carb size is 5.2/5.4mm.
that max carb size is 5.5mm

you can see detail rule in www.ifmar.org
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Initiate

When shortening the wheelbase at the front (2mm) I have noticed that the swaybars then require a spacer to allow them to clear the bulkhead which means it isn't all that strong. Is this the way that you guys have done it or I am missing something?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danjr
When shortening the wheelbase at the front (2mm) I have noticed that the swaybars then require a spacer to allow them to clear the bulkhead which means it isn't all that strong. Is this the way that you guys have done it or I am missing something?
To shorten the wheelbase of the car. The material is taken from the rear wishbones/ A arms. The front of these you shave off between 2 and 3mm.
You then add shims/spacers at the rear of the hinge pin between the a arms and the rear baulkhead cross brace.
Ensure the a arms still move smooth and free without your shocks connected but with very little fore and aft movement.

Hope this helps.

Menace
Old 05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by British Menace
To shorten the wheelbase of the car. The material is taken from the rear wishbones/ A arms. The front of these you shave off between 2 and 3mm.
You then add shims/spacers at the rear of the hinge pin between the a arms and the rear baulkhead cross brace.
Ensure the a arms still move smooth and free without your shocks connected but with very little fore and aft movement.

Hope this helps.

Menace
Thanks,
I have done this also, but I was looking for 4mm so did the front also.

Cheers
Old 05-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Danjr ~ If you don't mind me asking, why are you shortening the wheel base? Is this a common practice on the G4S? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Danjr ~ If you don't mind me asking, why are you shortening the wheel base? Is this a common practice on the G4S? Thanks!

In some cases it adds steering and grip. This is a pretty common thing to do on the MRX4R.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks,
I have done this also, but I was looking for 4mm so did the front also.

Cheers
If you have also taken material from the front A arms, yes this will give you the option of shortening the wheelbase down by 4mm (which is alot!)
But remember, if you run with the car shortened at the front, this will effect your castor setting.
You will nead to adjust your castor clips accordingly.

The shortening of the G4s wheelbase is quite common as it really helps in getting the car to rotate better in the corners.

Menace
Old 05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Ooooh......looks whats available!
Just got mine today!!
Ouch
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-p4300056-1136-x-852-.jpg  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Scott/Menace ~ Thanks for the responses.

If the mod is that common, does anyone know if TM is going to come out with the option parts to shorten the wheelbase or update the kit itself? Is there any reason why someone would not want to do the mod?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

As the others have said the G4S has a relatively long wheelbase and I have noticed my car is not turning in the way I would like so I have shortened it in search of some better turning. THis will obviously effect the straight line but will see how it goes.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Scott/Menace ~ Thanks for the responses.

If the mod is that common, does anyone know if TM is going to come out with the option parts to shorten the wheelbase or update the kit itself? Is there any reason why someone would not want to do the mod?

Thanks
Straight line stability will decrease I think.THere are no parts to my knowledge.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Ooooh......looks whats available!
Just got mine today!!
Ouch
Thanks for making us all jealeous.

So what matching pipe(s) did you get? 2607 or 2617? What is the difference between them?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Straight line stability will decrease I think.THere are no parts to my knowledge.
Team Magic are aware we like to do this and they are on the case. Option parts for this mod are in the pipeline as are others we nead

Yes.......straight line instability may result but if you run good toe in at the rear and maybe 1 to 2 degrees out at the front. It should be fine

Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.