Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
G4S live in luxury !!!
Those are some really nice trophies. Congratuations!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks, but can I couldn't find it at the site - that's why I was asking for some assistance. If you happen to see it there, could you provide the URL please?
There is no online manual for the G4S.
TM site has the manual for older G4.
Only G4S relevant downloads are the exploded view pdf and parts list.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Unfortunately not.
I tried scanning the manual to a pdf file but it was so large was not practical to upload.
Then again I am no pc expert
Thanks for trying.

Team Magic needs to clean up their site - especially when it comes to the G4S. The information is spread all over the place - and I do mean all over. IMO, they're not helping sales if people can't find information on the car or think there is a limited amount of information posted at the site. That is what I thought at first until I started clicking on everything G4S related. Just my 2 cents..
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for trying.

Team Magic needs to clean up their site - especially when it comes to the G4S. The information is spread all over the place - and I do mean all over. IMO, they're not helping sales if people can't find information on the car or think there is a limited amount of information posted at the site. That is what I thought at first until I started clicking on everything G4S related. Just my 2 cents..
have to agree with you.
Also they have been concentrating on the M1-B buggy so much lately too.

They have a new G4s site but nothing on it that isnt known.
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/g4/index.htm

rmdhawaii must say your site is coming along ,some good info there.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

have to agree with you.
Also they have been concentrating on the M1-B buggy so much lately too.

They have a new G4s site but nothing on it that isnt known.
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/g4/index.htm

rmdhawaii must say your site is coming along ,some good info there.
Thanks razzor

Yeah, I saw that site. While I was there, I came across this little gem. Do you think that this is the right approach to take? I mean, look at Team XRAY - are they disrespecting the NT1 with all those top drivers? I don't think so. I think they are generating sales!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can anyone plz help me find a place that has the wire rollage/ carrying bar in stock for the g4s?

i saw the 3racing one but says currently unavailable.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

rmdhawaii , thats been there idea and they leave sponsorship etc for the distributors to do.
I personally dont think its the right way but cant complain we have a decent support base going here on RCtech.
The eurochamps win and results from the worlds hasnt really helped much with exposure and the car is still looked at as a bigboy wannabe.
The issue with Dennis Richey and Trinity also hasnt helped but hey im running the car for the long run
Been scoping and drooling about the G4 from its debut.
Has to be the best looking car out there
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Rawz I used about 4 .3mm tamiya 3mm shims to take out play.I did it mainly because I noticed that the flanged bearing was moving around a lot and started to make the hole it located in bigger.
Works like a charm know....
Ok razzor, thankx. I will have to work the play there.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

rmdhawaii , thats been there idea and they leave sponsorship etc for the distributors to do.
Oh, I see. But it would be good to have one or two top guys traveling the world driving at different tracks and showing everyone that the car has the potential to beat any car out there. Having the distributors sponsor guys is okay I guess, but that adds to their overhead which in turn needs to be charged to someone -> dealers -> racers.

I personally dont think its the right way but cant complain we have a decent support base going here on RCtech.

The eurochamps win and results from the worlds hasnt really helped much with exposure and the car is still looked at as a bigboy wannabe.
I think the win under wet conditions did not count in some people's eyes - and at the worlds... How did the G4 do?

The issue with Dennis Richey and Trinity also hasnt helped but hey im running the car for the long run
I never saw a G4 in any of our stores and you don't see a 720 either. We have XRAY dealers, but they don't really stock XRAY on the shelves. One store has 1-2 kits on the shelf, but no parts out on display. IMO, store owners want to stock inventory that they know is going to move. It's really kind of funny how all of this works. I'm still trying to understand it better.

Thanks for the response
Old 04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Been scoping and drooling about the G4 from its debut.
Has to be the best looking car out there
It is the wrong ? way what they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
here in germany there is no TM team Driver and in the german Ntas only 5 G4S under the mugens Kyoshos Xrays and Serpents..................
Here is no helping hand and no dealer at the Track for the G4!!!!!!!!
This is not the way to win new drivers for the car.......!!!!!

We will see............so i will look for an other car next Year.......

Marc
Old 04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

g4-racing.de i agree and feel for you bud.
Would be wrong to lose another G4s driver to another brand

I hope and think that TM needs to look at this especially if they want to keep the piece of the pie thay have as new brands are popping up soon too.
If they want to better or even retain the interest they have know they will have to look at sponsored drivers.

There is talk of Motonica releasing a 200mm soon and if Dario Balestri is running there 1/8 chassis we might be losing him too.
There is talk of a few other brands coming in to the 200mm touring class.
Then there is the TM 1/8 car they are developing and with out top drivers how are they going battle getting sales as 1/8 is hard class to break into.

Time will tell and I hope for the best
Old 04-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by British Menace
That sounds good Serpentd.
I do have a problem in that I may be booked to go to another race that weekend At leisurehoursraceway.

Byron On-Road Nitro Challenge
July 7,8 2007

There's is another race at Lincoln, NE. On the 25/26 August. That weekend anygood for you?

Man, I'm not ruling out the race on 7'8th in July. Just trying to get as much in as poss' You know.

But one thing for sure. We'll link up at one race or another man.

Later
Menace
Dude, no prob!!! Maybe we could shoot for the August race. Dude, that's a ways off so we can play it by ear. But in the meantime, I will do some research on hotels and what not. Maybe by then we can get a few other guys on here to go to that race as well. It would be a blast! Talk with you soon bro! Later.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, when the heck are you racing again??? Is your month off thing comming to an end already? When are you hitting the asfault bro!?!?!? Also, how is the build going with your bro's car? I would imagine that the beast is ready to go, ya? Dude, let us know when you finally get to run again. It's just not the same without your long posts as well my friend. I hope things are going good for you, keep us posted when you finally get to run again. Talk soon my friend!

Hey man, yeah i was supose to be racing this weekend, unfortunatley the parts i have ordered over 3 weeks ago have been arriving by boat well i guess there is a shortage in parts.

Anyways cant do much now...

Its been way too long since i even had the car on par with the track...!

i am sure i let you all know once i am back - 4 week + another 2 = 6weeks now i know what you all feel like

Peace Out
Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think the win under wet conditions did not count in some people's eyes - and at the worlds... How did the G4 do?
G4S only qualified 2nd at the worlds (same 'lucky' guy that won the Euro's).

I agree with the point though - If TM raised the profile there would be better sales and support. The only way to raise the profile in the long run is to have some guns driving and winning with the car. Since the guns currently get paid to drive some other brand, there won't be any guns running the car for free or at their own expense.

I think the car obviously has the right stuff since it is doing OK in sales even though it doesn't have guns driving it. I don't think there is another car on the market at the moment that I could be faster with (and no, XRAY is not on the market yet). For average Joe's like us, the car is a lot easier to find a sweet spot with than some of the others.

Just my 2c.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

i changed to G4S from V-ONE RRR about 6 month ago.

after i got G4S, i always won a prize(1,2,3), and no retire and.. faster in lap time.

most of car suffered by overgrip, turn upside down in 2006 IFMAR.

But G4S is not turn upside down. (because low level center structure)

of course i think TM did not marketing well.

But TM's CAR had mysterious attraction .

this is my RC career from 2004.

i started RC in 2003... But i had not won a prize in 2003

- MTX-3 -

2004/06/07 KMRCA (kirina) 7th
2004/08/29 novarossi cup TQ + 1st
2004/09/05 odonnell cup TQ + 1st

- V-ONE RRR -
2004/10/18 kawahara cup 3rd
2004/10/31 GT racing 2nd
2004/11/09 2004 GT CHAMPIONSHIP 2nd
2004/12/12 GF circuit race 6th
2005/02/28 1/10 touring festivl 1st
2005/03/13 teamAce cup 5th
2005/7/11 kyosho cup in korea 4th
2005/11/14 kawahara cup 5th (inviting japanese RC driver, Keisuke Fukuda win!)
2005/11/20 novarossi cup 1st
2005/12/11 danyang county headman race cup 8th

2006/01/12 teamace cup TQ, 8th
2006/01/19 inet circuit cup 4th
2006/03/26 the 2nd mugen asian cup preliminary match 3rd
2006/04/02 sprinter cup 2nd
2006/04/30 the 3rd mugen asian cup preliminary match 1st
2006/06/03 teamace cup TQ + 1st
2006/06/15 mugen asian cup 10th (retired --;
2006/06/11 kyosho cup in korea 4th

- G4S -

2006/09/03 kirina circuit cup 3rd
2006/09/25 kirina circuit cup 2nd
2006/11/12 danyang county headman race cup 1st
2006/11/19 the third suwon mayor race cup 3rd
2007/03/18 the 1st kawahara teamace cup 1st
2007/04/01 the 2nd kawahara teamace cup 1st, TQ

Last edited by gansei; 04-03-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.