Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

I usually turn each screw half a turn until I get close to the setting I want and the only small adjustments until I get what I like.
On the G4 a good starting point is to get the top of the screw head level with the hole (when viewing across the screw).
Also it is best to remove about 1mm from the screw length, else it may catch on the 2nd gear if screwed too far.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

man, that sux. i just did the same thing, minus the shock end - and had to replace my lower arms as well.

i went ahead and installed new lightweight st steel diff cups while i was in there.

hopefully i'll notice a hint of a difference.

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
It's BROKE!!!!

BB
Old 11-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schufflerbot
man, that sux. i just did the same thing, minus the shock end - and had to replace my lower arms as well.

i went ahead and installed new lightweight st steel diff cups while i was in there.

hopefully i'll notice a hint of a difference.
pulled it down today, also bent the hinge pin... i have organized the parts and will see how i go next time.

BB
Old 11-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey Schufflerbot, i see you have a beer sponsor. man i wish i had a beer sponsor ! i dont know if id be doing much driving though, and i wouldnt keep the sponsorship for long maybe i need to make my own beer ? then i can sponsor myself
Old 11-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jokersat
can any one help me with the two speed shoe! how many terns i mast tern the shoe screw (+/-) for adjustments
To start with, I would suggest you either place a 1mm shim between the screw heads and the spring or cut 1mm off of the adjustment screws. From there thread each screw into the shoe to where you can barely feel it protrude through the opposite shoe and the backoff 1.5 turns. This should get you +/- 1 turn from the setting you are looking for. You should also check your primary clutch to see where it kicks in, use the tuning guide on the K-factory site as a reference.

For medium bite parking lot tracks I run red shoes w/ full weights and the black spring @ 1.5mm thread depth and a .7mm clutch gap with .1mm endplay. For med-low I go to a .5mm clutch gap and a 1.2mm thread depth. On low bite tracks I generally run the orange spring with grey shoes @ 1 weight ea @ a .5mm gap @ 1.5mm thread depth. These settings should work very well for a Nova LS3, OS TZ, Nova LL3, or other low to mid range powerband motors.

Mark
Old 11-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
NiMo:

It was kinda my fault, i got trigger happy on the exit of the sweeper and left the track on the outside as a result. I got marshalled, but put right back in front of the leaders as they were coming through. I will have a closer look tomorrow, but i am hoping it is just the arm and shock end...

BB
Man that was a hard hit. I couldnt get over the other car. Just pulled out the bent lexan coever and off he went.
I bet that kid who marshelled your car felt prety bad.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tall metal Roll Bar

Hey guys. A quick question please. I am looking for a taller roll bar to be able to run a Lola style body to save the engine head. I know that 3Racing makes one, but can't find a distributor in the US and don't want to order one part from HK. I've always been an 1:8th scaler, so Im new to the touring scene. I must say I am stoked to race this bad boy. Oh ya, if anyone can point me in the right direction for a basic set-up for a medium grip parking lot track would be appreciated too. I also need to know the tire split for overdrive with the ED tranny. Not sure what the correct mm spread is. Sorry for all the questions, I've only had my car for a few weeks. I appreciate everyone that helps out. Thanks to everyone including Raceday where I buy all my parts.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

there is no fixed turn for the clutch shoe, u have to tune the engine 1st, then try on the main straight road, see for urself if it change gear sooner or later. if it change later, u need to screw OUT a bit, make sure both screw have the same amount of turn. hope it helps.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey guys. A quick question please. I am looking for a taller roll bar to be able to run a Lola style body to save the engine head. I know that 3Racing makes one, but can't find a distributor in the US and don't want to order one part from HK. I've always been an 1:8th scaler, so Im new to the touring scene. I must say I am stoked to race this bad boy. Oh ya, if anyone can point me in the right direction for a basic set-up for a medium grip parking lot track would be appreciated too. I also need to know the tire split for overdrive with the ED tranny. Not sure what the correct mm spread is. Sorry for all the questions, I've only had my car for a few weeks. I appreciate everyone that helps out. Thanks to everyone including Raceday where I buy all my parts.
To answer your overdirve question ,Daz advised on 3hobby to run a 2mm smaller front tyre with the ED system.This is what they ran at the worlds.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Razzor. I've kept up with all of your posts on this thread and you are a very helpful individual. Thanks again!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks , Must be all the good guys on the thread who rubbed of on me.
Between this thread and 3Hobby you cant go wrong with the G4S.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Shout out to Motorman ,pop in and let us know whats happening.
We still need you around.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default my first winning by G4S !!

yesterday... i win the race korea local area(dan-yang) champions ship

my first winning by G4S!! ^^

i removed only left stiffener to give more roll.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0007.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0016.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0018.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4danyang1112.jpg  
Old 11-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Great Gansei, way to go !!
Interestin setup ,you run vey thick rear diff oil .
Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smostyn
Man that was a hard hit. I couldnt get over the other car. Just pulled out the bent lexan coever and off he went.
I bet that kid who marshelled your car felt prety bad.
Smostyn: It was a big hit

We all live an learn by our mistakes, i can't really blame the marshall. I was the one that drove off the track, in the end it destroyed a good race for young Jason who was having a good battle for the lead with Alan and Justin.

Ill get it repaired and hope to head back out next meet to see if i can improve

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.