Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
You got it right bro... At least exactly what I thought about... However if you look at the touring cars that Team Serpent uses, they use the normal touring car body post. None of them uses the floating rear body mount meant for GTP / Lola bodies.

The problem with using rear floating mount type of bodies is that you are not able to use rear spacers on the rear uprights. I think you are only limited to a 2.5 mm spacer. That's about it.

I have one that I modified a little and use on my touring car bodies. It's on my Impulse PRO that usually gets a Lola shell on it. I thought it felt about the same though... Well, on smaller tracks that is. I would think on high speed tracks, the effect is felt more.

What I did was to shave off the small mount post on the floating rear mount as this is insufficient lenght to hold a TC shell. I drill a hole for a screw exactly at the spot of the old post for me to mount a new taller post.

I'll try out this weekend the floating rear mount on TC shells on my 705 on a high speed track and see the differences.

p/s: Before you remind me again or I get shot down by Mark, yes I forgot to bring pics with me... again. I'll try and remember tomorrow
Wepons set to stun! Hey InitialD, why not leave it until Friday? I don't have any pics this week and we don't want to leave everyone hungry on Friday!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Wepons set to stun! Hey InitialD, why not leave it until Friday? I don't have any pics this week and we don't want to leave everyone hungry on Friday!!!
Bzzzzz

Friday? Good idea Leave everybody hungry and feed them only on Fridays You're cruel...

Hey... You're the one with the D1 and you say you have no pics?
Old 08-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Que
Tech Adept

You got it right bro... At least exactly what I thought about... However if you look at the touring cars that Team Serpent uses, they use the normal touring car body post. None of them uses the floating rear body mount meant for GTP / Lola bodies.

The problem with using rear floating mount type of bodies is that you are not able to use rear spacers on the rear uprights. I think you are only limited to a 2.5 mm spacer. That's about it.

I have one that I modified a little and use on my touring car bodies. It's on my Impulse PRO that usually gets a Lola shell on it. I thought it felt about the same though... Well, on smaller tracks that is. I would think on high speed tracks, the effect is felt more.

What I did was to shave off the small mount post on the floating rear mount as this is insufficient lenght to hold a TC shell. I drill a hole for a screw exactly at the spot of the old post for me to mount a new taller post.

I'll try out this weekend the floating rear mount on TC shells on my 705 on a high speed track and see the differences.

p/s: Before you remind me again or I get shot down by Mark, yes I forgot to bring pics with me... again. I'll try and remember tomorrow
Well the spacers are used to raise or lower the roll center for the rear? can't this be adjusted some other way?? and how does this apply to the use of sway bars?
Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Que
Well the spacers are used to raise or lower the roll center for the rear? can't this be adjusted some other way?? and how does this apply to the use of sway bars?
The usage of spacers have no relevance to the use of sway bars.

The addition of spacers raises the rear roll center and makes correct cmaber changes in the rear tires. You can do this also by putting physical spacers underneath the rear bulkhead. Somebody suggested to put small lexan pieces
Old 08-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Bzzzzz

Friday? Good idea Leave everybody hungry and feed them only on Fridays You're cruel...

Hey... You're the one with the D1 and you say you have no pics?
We're talking quality, not quantity
Old 08-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Ooophs, I forgot to mention that physically putting spacers underneath the rear bulkheads of the 705 may not be possible. This is because the side carbon graphite stiffeners that attaches to the aluminum X bar radio plate support will not be aligned.

I hear that putting the adjustable rear upper arms of the 950 on the 705 can make for rear adjustable trackwidth. Roll center spacers are also not needed. Talk about 950 technology on the 705
Old 08-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Prophet

We're talking quality, not quantity
Ummm, OK, so it makes my job easier as I cannot post my non D1 pics then
Old 08-12-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Ummm, OK, so it makes my job easier as I cannot post my non D1 pics then
ehm.....me and my big mouth!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Don't listen to him we want to see pictures!
Old 08-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Food for thought!

Just looking at the setup Michael Salven used at the Euro champs - the set up sheet shows by the steering block used "New"!!!

Looks like a new steering block is coming to the 705.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Initial thanks for the info on the overall gearing I forgot how it was done.yea the blocks that I used off my old car only had 2 races on them so they were almost new I switched to the impact and set aside the tc I loved the speed and handling of the impact with the Rb worlds motor I had on it.that was 3 or so years ago and now im back and the TC class has gotten huge so I went back to to tc
Old 08-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Food for thought!

Just looking at the setup Michael Salven used at the Euro champs - the set up sheet shows by the steering block used "New"!!!

Looks like a new steering block is coming to the 705.

Cheers, Mark.
I think this is the one he is using.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: Re: Food for thought!

Originally posted by Eddie M
I think this is the one he is using.
I beleave thats the one Mark is talking about.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Anyone see the mod Ralph Burch did to the rear up-right using an adjustable camber link on his car at the Sedan Nationals??

Old 08-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Anyone see the mod Ralph Burch did to the rear up-right using an adjustable camber link on his car at the Sedan Nationals??

,, well that's not the only weird thing I saw,, in the first picture, seems to me that they shortened the wheelbase too!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.