Hobao GPX4 Pro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone still running this car? I just bought one and can't wait to get it on the road. I wanted something that was competitive but also different. Everyone up here runs XRAY or V1RRR's. Gonna see how it stacks up next season.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

did you get the pro kit version? I may convert my rtr to pro specs next year, but for now it is plenty good handling for the racing I do. Next season would like to get more involved in racing and see what we can get going locally.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I got the Pro version. It seems to have some pretty nice features. I bought it used and have all the parts to rebuild it. Got a new Low CG Chassis, Titan. screw sets, etc.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Sweet. At that level, it is more the driver than the car, so if you can wheel, you should be ok. Also a decent car is MUCH easier to practise with and learn how to drive if your kinda new as even a so so setup is easier to handle than a so so car with a good set up. I was driving a rs43 with many upgrades and even with a good setup it doesn't handle all that well.(my opinion only)These cars are definatly competetive against higher priced models.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

concentrate on loosening the drivetrain. I'm not sure if the later kits were updated but the front and rear belst might be a little tight.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bimmerpimp
I got the Pro version. It seems to have some pretty nice features. I bought it used and have all the parts to rebuild it. Got a new Low CG Chassis, Titan. screw sets, etc.
if you have titan screws, i'd rather change only the upper screws and leave the original heavier steel screws on the chassis. you want to have your CG at lowest possible
Old 10-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Genius
concentrate on loosening the drivetrain. I'm not sure if the later kits were updated but the front and rear belst might be a little tight.
I noticed that the front belt is really tight. How can I fix this? The rear one is a little shredded so it is gonna be replaced. Any other setup tips?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by three50zx
I finally got my car finished. I also went out and bought a Kawahara L/F front belt and a Kyosho SP belt for the rear, fortunate that my LHS stocks these parts. I haven't had the chance to try the car out yet but it looks strong. I received red springs and light blue springs with my kit. Does anyone know which one is softer? Can't find the stock # nor is this information in the manual. As always thanks for your help.

ken dubb
What belts are compatible with the GPX4???
Old 10-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I saw on here that mugen mtx3 front belt works. My stock belts were really tight new but have since streyched a bit and are nice and free now. Others had to put small shims or washers under middle shaft rear mounts to lean it forward a little, but it wasn't a problem on mine.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I have an New Serpent Motor that I bought years ago. I wanna put this in the GPX4 for now. The only problem is it is a side exhaust engine. Anyone know which header I can use? The header I got with the car is Rear exhaust.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I have an New Serpent Motor that I bought years ago. I wanna put this in the GPX4 for now. The only problem is it is a side exhaust engine. Anyone know which header I can use? The header I got with the car is Rear exhaust.
you need this one! http://www.serpent.com/product/2191/
Old 10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

I noticed that the front belt is really tight. How can I fix this? The rear one is a little shredded so it is gonna be replaced. Any other setup tips?
I did some dremel work and removed some material from the bulkheads to move the front one way a fraction back. same with the rear to move the diff a little forward. this loosened up the tension on the belts. be careful not to remove too much.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default GPX-4

Hi,
I used MTX-3 front and rear belts on my old GPX-4 and a G$ side belt they lasted a lot longer than the standard ones also slipping some shims under the bulkheads does the trick specially with the front belt. It was not a bad car to drive but I dont race Nitro anymore gone back to electric.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Got this header and a Serpent Pipe for $30bux!!! Benefits of knowing the Hobao and Serpent Distributor for 20 years.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Got this header and a Serpent Pipe for $30bux!!! Benefits of knowing the Hobao and Serpent Distributor for 20 years.
sounds like a deal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.