Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
I considered retiring my car at end of season but have brought it forward. Keep on racing IMO the best cheap 1/10th scale racing car on the market. Good on you Hobao!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

where can i buy this kit? i'm considering it along with the G4S rtr and maybe the R40 Hara.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

try checking out www.nitrohouse.com
Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the link. i just saw the kit an rcMart.com for $225.90 US
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 1.2mm shock hole pistons work great

Finally got my car to hook up even more this past weekend at my local track. I've experimented with piston shock hole diameters to fine tune my car. With the Hobao Shocks:

1. I put 2 x 1.1mm holes in the front shock pistons
2. I widened the rear shock piston hole to 1.1mm.
3. I then put 50wt shock oil on all for shocks.
4. Front springs are Hobao Blue springs.
5. Rear springs are Hobao Yellow springs.

I ran the car with 40's all the way around and it ran great, better corner speed this time out. The issue I was having was the OEM Hobao shock pistons measured .8mm (single hole) on all for shocks. I needed to loosen up the suspension a little more and that did the trick. I noticed a lot of people that are really successful with this car run a lot of Mugen parts on the car and that includes running 4 mugen shocks. I did not want to purchase Mugen shocks considering the car comes with some well designed and built shocks already. I measured the shock piston holes on the successful drivers at my local track and noticed some run 1.2mm - 1.5mm single and double holes in their cars and started reaming the holes and testing. I tried running 1mm holes, then 1.1mm single and double hole through out the car and found that 1.1mm holes work the best for my driving style. Hope this helps.

Ken W
Old 08-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, got me a GPX4, the RTR for our pull-start class. Anybody else still running one??
Old 09-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Ok, got me a GPX4, the RTR for our pull-start class. Anybody else still running one??
Go thru the wholr thread to find helpful tips to get to the top quickly!! Remember practice heaps and one change at a time to measure performance unless you have been racing for years
Old 09-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Go thru the wholr thread to find helpful tips to get to the top quickly!! Remember practice heaps and one change at a time to measure performance unless you have been racing for years
Are you running on the trophy day at Bayswater on 30 sept??? If so I'll come & pick your brain regaring setup for there.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

G'Day

Thought this thread was getting a little far back and was time for a bump

Is anyone still running this car? I heard HoBao might be releasing an updated model in the new year, does anyone know anything?

Indy next weekend... can smell the burning rubber already it will be awsome! And the SMUT will be good as well

BB
Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sweet

Very nice car, it looks like it can haul some serious ---.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks to all here, this thread helped make decision for next onroad easier. I picked up the gpx4 rtr and ran it stock for the last 2 months and was very impressed with the handling and adjustability, awsome car(except for the body). Friday my first upgrade arrived, shiny new ninja mr12t01a! Started break in on friday and finally was able to push it a little more today. Spectacular combo for local racing and with some upgrades to the chassis I have no doubt it could win some bigger races. This car rocks! Lets not let this thread die out!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
G'Day

Is anyone still running this car? I heard HoBao might be releasing an updated model in the new year, does anyone know anything?
BB
About to start, picked up a barely used RTR, just need time to bolt my radio gear into it & I'm away.... our next club meet is in 2 wks so hopefuly can turn a wheel in anger then
Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Good to see some fresh blood coming through and getting the GPX4. I haven't see to many being run which is a shame really. Keep this thread alive guys

BB
Old 10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

I love this car! Just wish I had gotten the pro version though, rtr radio is probably worst I have seen(not unusual)and now I am really looking into performance enhancing parts, not bling. Also looking for mods to do myself to lower cg and lose some weight to. Any and all suggestions welcome! Right now running with jrxs3 trans and receiver, mr12t01a engine, have jr z590 servos but haven't installed yet. Using 50'000wt diff fluid front and 10'000 rear. I saw on here somewhere about different belts but can't find it now. Also 5 cell hump pack and ran wiring so I can get at plugs without removing batt cover. Now I need to gear it up 1-2 teeth on spurs to tame it a little and go easier on engine, it is almost undergeared for most of my layouts. Let us know you did to your rtr's, and I'll do same!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cbmracing
I love this car! Just wish I had gotten the pro version though, rtr radio is probably worst I have seen(not unusual)and now I am really looking into performance enhancing parts, not bling. Also looking for mods to do myself to lower cg and lose some weight to. Any and all suggestions welcome! Right now running with jrxs3 trans and receiver, mr12t01a engine, have jr z590 servos but haven't installed yet. Using 50'000wt diff fluid front and 10'000 rear. I saw on here somewhere about different belts but can't find it now. Also 5 cell hump pack and ran wiring so I can get at plugs without removing batt cover. Now I need to gear it up 1-2 teeth on spurs to tame it a little and go easier on engine, it is almost undergeared for most of my layouts. Let us know you did to your rtr's, and I'll do same!
G'Day CBMRacing:

I don't have GPX4 anymore, i gave up on the bad carby on the engine on the RTR.

I know early they were using MTX3 belts, but i would think they would be hard to come by now. The other solution to free up the drive train is to install some small shims under the back of mid shaft mounting block. This will tilt it forward and give some slack for the front belt. Also you could try soaking the belts in liquid WD40...

Your best move is to work on the driveline and practice, practice & practice. The biggest improvement you can ever do in this hobby is driving ability and setup, bling bling won't make your car faster

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.