Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JR Z-1, M8, M11, or KO EX10

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah it really pissed me off. I changed servos today, and put on a Hitec 945 (I had a hitec digital 5625 (?) servo). The 945 is supposed to have a faster transit time, but man...it was either the servo that was causing a glitch (which is weird because in the beginning, it was running fine), receiver battery was dying, or someone using the same channel as me. At least now, I wont have that problem. arrghhh, and I was really doing well tonight too. I was able to hang with the fastest guys out there.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Yeah it really pissed me off. I changed servos today, and put on a Hitec 945 (I had a hitec digital 5625 (?) servo). The 945 is supposed to have a faster transit time, but man...it was either the servo that was causing a glitch (which is weird because in the beginning, it was running fine), receiver battery was dying, or someone using the same channel as me. At least now, I wont have that problem. arrghhh, and I was really doing well tonight too. I was able to hang with the fastest guys out there.

Hitec servos?? .i heard a lot of people complain using them.no offence to u or others,but get ko propo,futaba or airtronics servos when u have the money.last 2 weeks my car suddenly wont steer left or right(i was using rtr servos),later i checked and it was toast.so decided to order a ko propo 2343 servo but haven't picked it up yet nor have i play for the last 2 weeks.bad haze here.it is bad enough that most school was closed,including mine.but now it seems to be gone.and i'll pick up the servo today or tomorrow and play tomorrow.btw,ur ntc3 is still rtr stock??
Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Actually I haven't had any other problems with hitec servos...just that one time. The digital hitec servo that i had before, worked great. No glitches. I'll have to go back to that. The 925MG servo I bought, was used, and I had no idea the guy cut the wire and had to resolder it (bad solder job by the way). So that could be a reason for it glitching.

My NTC3 isn't stock. It has a novarossi CX12, threaded shocks,CF radio tray, etc. It has a good amount of mods done to it.

Check it all out...

http://photobucket.com/albums/a379/snowboardgeek1/?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:39 PM
JL
Tech Adept

Good luck with the KO man. I was in the same situation. I just got an M11 to replace my xs3 last week. I'd persisted with the jr for about 6 month but just did not like the feel of it at all.

I only got the M11 cause the shop was out of the KO. Anyway, it did feel very top heavy to me but everything else about it felt right and after only one race day it feels perfect. I do have to say, that for anyone considering a high end transmitter whether it's airtronics, KO, whatever,just go ahead and do it as the response is so much more precise it really adds another dimension.

Oh, and yeah I got the KO 2343 servos about a year ago and that's all I use now - they're fantastic!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah I went ahead and purchased the EX10 Helios and never looked back. To me, its the best radio out there. I run a KO 2363 servo for my steering on the MTX3 prospec, and its an awesome combo!

I considered the M11 but felt it was too heavy. I still like that radio though, but it wasn't for me. Since I was replacing my JR XS3, I felt the EX10 was best for me, and it is. The one feature that I love the best about the EX10, is being able to adjust the throttle and steering speeds. Gotta love it...