Wiki Posts
Search

A little help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default A little help?

Hello there,

I am a former 1/8 gas on road racer. My dad just passed away and has a TON of R/C stuff in various totes/boxes/etc. around the garage. While I'll probably keep one of the cars and parts to go with it, there is far more there than I will ever use or want to store. Much of the servos, transmitters, etc. are from the early 90's so I'm not sure they have much value. There are lexan bodies, tires, and other various parts.

I have no idea what kind of car he last raced, but it is complete and that is likely what I'll keep.

Is there any way to identify any of these things? If I took a pic, would it be obvious if it was a Serpent, Delta(HPI), etc.? Once I knew the brand I am guessing I could identify which parts will work and not work.

Sorry, I used to know what I was doing, but it's been 20 years since I last raced.

Thanks,

Matt Clark
Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Another thing...

Originally Posted by clarkremark
Hello there,

I am a former 1/8 gas on road racer. My dad just passed away and has a TON of R/C stuff in various totes/boxes/etc. around the garage. While I'll probably keep one of the cars and parts to go with it, there is far more there than I will ever use or want to store. Much of the servos, transmitters, etc. are from the early 90's so I'm not sure they have much value. There are lexan bodies, tires, and other various parts.

I have no idea what kind of car he last raced, but it is complete and that is likely what I'll keep.

Is there any way to identify any of these things? If I took a pic, would it be obvious if it was a Serpent, Delta(HPI), etc.? Once I knew the brand I am guessing I could identify which parts will work and not work.

Sorry, I used to know what I was doing, but it's been 20 years since I last raced.

Thanks,

Matt Clark
**Additionally, are there people out there who have a desire to purchase some of the older parts and/or cars if I find more there?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Just place some pics of the chassis and motors and we can tell
Old 01-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by clarkremark
Hello there,

Thanks,

Matt Clark
probably not much value in the old transmitters, receivers, servos.....the cars themselves (especially Delta http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-P2G-Vi...vip=true&rt=nc ) could catch a pretty penny...I'm interested in the old bodies....post some pics or links...and sorry for your loss...
Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys! I'm heading out of town this week, but will spend some time going through it all at my mom's place in the next few weeks and post some pics. I have a feeling it'll all come back to me once I get it all out on a table and sort it.

Thanks again,

Matt
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Taylorm
probably not much value in the old transmitters, receivers, servos.....the cars themselves could catch a pretty penny...I'm interested in the old bodies....post some pics or links...and sorry for your loss...
**Good chance of at least one P2 in that garage somewhere...he got a wild hair one year and had us both racing 2WD. I hated driving that car after the P4, Serpent, etc, but in retrospect it was a cool idea on his part.

-Matt
Old 04-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Alright....

Finally got all the parts and such in my possession and there is just one car, but there are 3 RB Concept motors (C3, C4, C5), tons of parts, ton's of glow plugs, several sets of wheels with rubber ranging from worn to new, at least 5 - 10 lola style bodies, a couple picco motors blocks only, but a case full of carb parts and such, etc. There is just a ton of miscellaneous parts that I will inventory and post a list. He also has all the ancillary stuff like a tire truer, a HUDY setup board, a few temp gauges and what not. I'll do some research on what it's all worth, but if anyone is interested in the lot, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt