Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default You got mail.

Rich, I sent you a pm.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
All three are very good cars. The cars, in the proper hands, are pretty equally matched. All are very durable.

Which do you have the most support for? Parts availability?

I have experience with the Evolva - very forgiving on setup - seems to have a wide track adaptability. We are happy to help you, if you indeed, go with the Evolva.
thanx rich
in term of parts, serpent n mugen are easier to get. kyosho... hmmm.. just like my V1RRR. 960 looks much better
Old 08-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Honestly, Kyosho USA is making real progress on parts. The pipeline should be filled in about a month. Ace has done a good job keeping parts, for the Evolva, in stock.

Paulo and Brian Berry had a really solid first event with the 960.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Rich,

Have you had a chance to run your 2005 Evolva yet?

Mark
Old 09-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

What's up Mark?

We ran it last weekend. Brand new car - not one car related problem. That's a first. Assembled it, ran it, tuned it. Scott liked it. We set it up as if it were an 03. Very solid and smooth. The weekend we chose to run it was for the Region 12 race. Made me a little nervous - new car - at a race with some good solid racers. The car never missed a beat. Our motor - well, that was another story. The motor qualified okay, but we gauled the pston and sleeve 6 minutes into a 45 minute A main race. We were off the track for 50 seconds, changed a plug and deceided "run it as is". Everytime Scott came into the pits the car died. Kevin Woods (Iceman of the pits) had to restart the car after each pit stop - and they were 3 minutes and 50 seconds apart - had to run the engine really fat. Scott came from ninth position back to second - he and the car had a good day. The motor and I, well, since I make those choices - I had a less than wonderful day.

Back to the "05, with the new front sway bar the car can turn in harder. I like the cammed bearings for belt tension (we still use the Empire front belt tensioner - it's just easier to adjust). You have eight postions to increase the tension on the belts. Nice. New brake lever was an improvement, we use the APP brakes - ton of stopping power. New tank, awesome. Watch the tank lid gasket - it is not supported up in the "bladder cavity". I'm gonna make a support for it - you have to see the cap to understand what I'm talking about. We now have adjustable track length. So, to sum it up lots of items to test. The Empire site will have lots of comments about it in the "racers blog" section. But, my IT guy is on jury duty so, we are slow posting new info. Oh, you have to read Jason Baumbach's story about his Regional experience. From average Sportsman racer to "A-Main guy" in six months - really fun reading. Currently posted on the "new" SGrid. We'll post it on the Empire site when Mr. IT gets back from his public duties.

PS. Good Luck to Kevin Woods in beautiful Sicily!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hey rich I want to send thanks for the up grade you suggested for my evolva it all worked out great! thank you...Jake
Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Shocks

OK Guys,

I find the shocks on the Evolva ver inconsistent and they require constant rebuilding.

I have tried the mugen white bladders and the problem didnt go away. What are you guys doing to correct this? Can I use Mugen shocks on the evolva?

Thanks guys,

John
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Odd, we aren't having shock issues. I'll send a you PM. I use the "clear" Mugen bladders in the front. The black Kyosho bladders in the rear.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Rich, I ran my new tank this weekend. In warm up the car ran great, came in temp was 215, so I was thinking cool! Well before the first pit the car went lean, temp went to 290? My pit guy richend the car 3 times, came off at 275. I won the main so I didn't really care why the engine did what it did. Well, after I read you post about the tank gasket, I looked at mine and sure enough the gasket was kinked. You think that could have been the problem?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Tough one. Possible. A) Check you piston and sleeve fit. B) Be sure there is no blockage in your pressure system (pipe pressure nipple blocked, line kinked). C) The gasket, if not seated, will cause loss of pressure and fuel delivery. You, typically, will see "wet" areas around the tank - that is your first alarm.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Our Website is updated

The Empire Site is updated with our latest 2005 Set-up tips, comments and rambling. Plus, Jason Baumbach's great "Regional Experience" is posted in the news section. Fantastic reading.

Empirercracing.com

"News" section (Racer's Story)
and "Blog" info (Set-up comments)
Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Rich, where can I print out a copy of a roll out sheet? Not an overdrive, but roll out?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

eMail me and I'll send you one. I can't seem to embed it here

[email protected]
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Rich, I sent you an email.

[email protected]
Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Both are Excel files - enjoy. I sent about 11:00 AM Pacific Time

Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.