Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva 2005

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Differences in '05

1) Pinion and spur gears are wider and "better" materials.
2) Front and rear bulk heads allow for a clocked eccentric for belt tension. New smaller bearings in those areas.
3) Upper front suspension pin has been located further outboard on "mellow" the car around center.
4) front bulkhead, and front upper/lower arms have changed to allow for a variable wheel base.
5) New front sway bar and mounting assembly - thinner, all steel - no aluminum end to wear out. We had been "thinning" our front bars in the 03 - appears the factory has made the same change.
6) Longer brake cam - (just buy the APP brakes - they are the bomb).
7) Very nice new fuel tank - built in pressure chamber - no more full tank bog in the corner after a long straight away.
8) An upgrade kit is available through Kyosho to update the 03's - really nice. It comes with all the parts to bring the 03's to the 05 spec.
--- One or two other minor changes.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

how much for update kit?
ps thanks for the info!
Old 08-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Hi here in the UK benracing is doing the upgrade kits for £64.99 UK pounds wich is about $100/$120 Us dollars

Here's the link:

http://www.benracing.co.uk/acatalog/Kyosho_Evolva.html
Old 08-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Rich, you have a PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Default PM

You have one back at cha
Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Hay, thanks again for all the help. I just called Cort at Kyosho America, now he said that they are not going to have the upgrade kit to sell as a hole. Also, that the 05 parts might be in and ready to sell next week....

Man, I just can't wait that long. I am sure you know what I mean.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

just finished building my evolva. there seems to be some binding in the rear suspension. is it supposed to be like this? will it loosen up after a few runs? also, what's your take on the kawahara pulleys. will they eat my belts?

thanks,
chris
Old 08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Binding

There should be no binding - the rear end should move freely. Check the clearances on the rear body mount bracket. They can be tight.

The Serpent Aluminum pullies are quite nice
Old 08-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Yes on mine the rear body-mount bracket was causing the binding also. Other than that best kit I have ever assembled!

John
Old 08-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

hi there. i'm a kyosho fanatic racer. i'm looking forward to drive 1/8 on road. any comments on serpent960, mrx4 and ofcoz evolva05. whatever it takes, i 'll definitely buy evolva05.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

All three are very good cars. The cars, in the proper hands, are pretty equally matched. All are very durable.

Which do you have the most support for? Parts availability?

I have experience with the Evolva - very forgiving on setup - seems to have a wide track adaptability. We are happy to help you, if you indeed, go with the Evolva.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default What motor are you guys running?

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
All three are very good cars. The cars, in the proper hands, are pretty equally matched. All are very durable.

Which do you have the most support for? Parts availability?

I have experience with the Evolva - very forgiving on setup - seems to have a wide track adaptability. We are happy to help you, if you indeed, go with the Evolva.
Rich are you guys using the "05 Rody Tuned motors? 3 chamber pipe? INS Box?

Thanks,
Brad
Old 08-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

"No reason to restrict the airflow - the US has no such requirements" Rody's comment, during "Test and Tune with Rody at Ace Hobbies, 7/23/2005", when asked about using an INS box with a three chamber pipe.

So, we run, an open element, Medium conical manifold with a 9886 pipe. The Motors are 1005-RC

(Brad, this is not directed to you - it is a global comment) I do not want to start an argument about airflow - or motor design. You have your opinions and I have mine...thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
"No reason to restrict the airflow - the US has no such requirements" Rody's comment, during "Test and Tune with Rody at Ace Hobbies, 7/23/2005", when asked about using an INS box with a three chamber pipe.

So, we run, an open element, Medium conical manifold with a 9886 pipe. The Motors are 1005-RC

(Brad, this is not directed to you - it is a global comment) I do not want to start an argument about airflow - or motor design. You have your opinions and I have mine...thanks.

Thanks, I was really more curios about the 1005-rc motors. I have been running Rex motors and flat out think they suck. I blew up two of them last weekend at CP. I was thinking about going with RB motors but have no experience with them at all. I could not make run time in Qualifying and contemplated the pipe and INS setup for fuel miledge reasons only.

Thanks again,
Brad
Old 08-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Sorry, some of the posts, about "motors" have gotten a little over the top. Milage and the RC 1005: In Toledo we were the first guys to "make" 5 minutes. Did it by using a 7 insert. Compared to other motors RB's make really good milage. The motors are "Mac-Truck" tuff - and they're very quick/easy to tune. You saw Scotty in Ohio - plenty of power. The only modification I would suggest is to change the "head Button" to the "Hi-compression" button. Tuning with the three "new" conical manifolds - makes tuning a snap. When we tested these motors, an acoustical RPM device measured our RPM at 42,200 - screaming - we haven't broken one (yet).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.