Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Initiate

x12 is a novarossi mugen labeled NS12S3
Old 04-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

NOVAMAX? one of the best engines available ...

most of our local racers run max P5 ...

i'm not a racer and i too run a max.. very nice powerful engines..
i retired my JPs5 for the max.
manti should be able to tell you more about the engine..

best value for money engine is the sts dragon!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Front Roll Centers.

Outside of having a rear differential that is relatively easy to get in and out, this car needs adjustable front roll centers. Why? WHY? why NOT!! On low to medium traction tracks this car handles awesome! On high traction tracks where traction rolling becomes an issue the only way I see people stopping this is by aggressive use of the upstops. I don't like that. I've got to drive this car right at the ragged edge of traction rolling to be fast. This prospec car doesn't have anything special for those of us who have been racing it for awhile. Most of us have those options already. I'd hate to have to switch to overpriced Serpent. Is a MTX-4 in the works? Anybody care to comment?
Old 04-09-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

No mtx4 for a while

i suggest your set up is wrong if your constantly grip rolling, or dare i say you driving style needs changing!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hhmmm...

Cartman... do you feel the car would be better with adjustable roll centers up front?
Old 04-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

its another option to get lost with and as only serpent and Schumacher have it nope not really

at one of our UK nationals on rubber tyres we had one track that was bad for grip roll, i softened the car (springs ) took off roll bars and slowed a little for the corners and got in th A final! and i went quicker after the changes!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Grinder
Tech Adept

161 Posts since Feb 2003

User is Online! 03-09-2004 at 12:07 AM Report | IP: Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after very very close inspection of the X12 I can say it is longer stroke than the NS12. When I first compared the two it was by eye, when comparing the two with instruments the ports on the X12 and NS are in different positions and the crank pin is higher on the Mugen motor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
murnanmodified.5u.com

The X12 is not a exact copy of the NS3.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi there,

Fire,

I guess you didnt understand my point. If you use the conversion and cut 4mm up front you end up with the same rollout front and back.

You can obtain the same effect with the original 2.52/2.52 f/r relation using same size tires.

How do the conversion save tires ? Magic?
Or is there a logical explanation?

Do we or dont we need to cut the 4mm deiference?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

I believe that they are doing the cutting to keep the car driving the same at the end of the race.

I understand your question. Afterlavera. If the roll out is the same then they are going to wear at the same rate. I myself dont understand why they would want to make it harder to set up the car for each run. I dont true my tires each run. I can run the same set of tires all day. Start with 63mm and make the 3 quals and 20 min main. All I do is rotate the tires left to right each run. It works for me. The car never feels odd to me. I also might be the surface they are running on is more abreasive then some.

Each person has thier own way of setting up for the race. Its interesting to see how each person does it. But if it works, awesome.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

what option parts would you have as a must have for the MTX3.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

aluminum hex hubs, and the kawahara steering acronym thinger, that thing is trick! those are probably the only must haves. I found that when i swapped over to a kawahara chassis my car handled better, I thought this was due to the fact that my previous chassis was tweaked but when put on a mill it was pretty straight. whatever you do, stick with the plastic pulleys. on the 1/8th scale it chews up the belts, which I assume will be the same for 10th.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by aftalavera
Hi there,

Fire,

I guess you didnt understand my point. If you use the conversion and cut 4mm up front you end up with the same rollout front and back.

You can obtain the same effect with the original 2.52/2.52 f/r relation using same size tires.

How do the conversion save tires ? Magic?
Or is there a logical explanation?

Do we or dont we need to cut the 4mm deiference?

Thanks
you are right, truing down the front tires does not save tires, so no magic there

with the stock setting, and with the rear tires wearing out faster, the front wheels will have an over drive effect, and they car may act strange and the handling will keep on changing as you keep driving, so 16/19 give up a bit of tire life for more consistant handling, to do it or not depends on your preference
Old 04-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Centax?

Does anyone use the hard spring for the centax? I have been practicing on a high bite (traction) track for the upcoming race. I keep on stiffening the centax the car flys off the starting line and doesn't spin. Since the car can take the extra punch i was thinking of getting the harder spring. How much stiffening can the spring take?
Old 04-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Still confussed on the tire wear. If the rears wear out faster. If the rollout is the same with conversion. It will still wear out faster. Same problem.

I have run numerous 30 min mains and not ever seen any difference significantly of handling of the car. My tires don't seem to be that different. A little, it might be how the car is set up. You could just take some of the pressure off the rear. Or the track surface and driving style.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

czotalis- I use the hard (silver) centax spring and the red clutch shoe. It works great. I use it for all the tracks i race at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.