Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by stefan
I despise Trinity for what they are doing to this hobby here in the US and that means that I won't buy anything that makes Trinity money
AMEN!!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

DOUBLE AMEN!!!!

Trinity/ernie has screwed too many hobbyists and dealers/retailers!

The less sales Trinity gets the better!

It's too bad they snagged Novarossi. It's Mugen, Novamega and hopefully the Odonnel/AE engines for me from now on.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

MTX-3 top 6 positions at Australian Nationals......
Old 10-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Thunder racer
Hey man yer that PART # is TO231 and it is in KITBAG D
its not in any bag, ti is the titanium upgrade shaft
Old 10-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FREAKAH
It's too bad they snagged Novarossi. It's Mugen, Novamega and hopefully the Odonnel/AE engines for me from now on.
Uhm... Seems that uncle Ernie has too much enemies out there... Regarding Nova engines you have another possibility. Buying overseas at.... HK? Nova power at very reasonable cost!

BTW: This weekend talked with someone here and seems that O'Donnell engines will be very near me for an aproximate price of 250Euros. Much probably on the next weeks will have more info and much probably one of those will fall into mine hands 'for testing purposes' (insert here an evil laugh hehehehe).
Old 10-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

what can you say about the 3racing upper deck handle? is it worth the money? kawahara is also selling rollbar and rollbar mount separately unlike 3racing which comes together.thnx
Old 10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone found a fix to keep the 2nd gear housing bearing from working it's way out while running? I've already had one first gear bearing seize to the 2speed shaft cause of this problem.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Corse-R

BTW: This weekend talked with someone here and seems that O'Donnell engines will be very near me for an aproximate price of 250Euros. Much probably on the next weeks will have more info and much probably one of those will fall into mine hands 'for testing purposes' (insert here an evil laugh hehehehe).
Many good things being said about these engines,keep us posted Corse.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Surge
Has anyone found a fix to keep the 2nd gear housing bearing from working it's way out while running? I've already had one first gear bearing seize to the 2speed shaft cause of this problem.

A "Fix"?

I haven't heard of this "Problem" here on the Forums and none of the twelve or so MTX-3's at my local track have experienced this "Problem".

Maybe it was a defective bearing or a dry bearing or something.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It wasn't the 1way bearing's fault. The bearing in the 2nd gear housing starts moving out of it's recess and pushes the housing away from the clutch shoes. The 2 speed assembly then pushes against the e-clip. I have to push the bearing back into the 2nd gear housing every other run or so. This has happened with both housings I've had.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

We've got heaps of mugens at our track....no reports of this either.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Surge
It wasn't the 1way bearing's fault. The bearing in the 2nd gear housing starts moving out of it's recess and pushes the housing away from the clutch shoes. The 2 speed assembly then pushes against the e-clip. I have to push the bearing back into the 2nd gear housing every other run or so. This has happened with both housings I've had.
heard this problem before and some one suggested to use thread lock to keep the bearings in place.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
heard this problem before and some one suggested to use thread lock to keep the bearings in place.
Yep, heard this previously but with some little red loctite threadlock solved completely.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

I think this sounds too dodgy to use LOCKTITE ... just go back to the shop and get them to change the 2 speed housing. Worst case scenario just buy another 2 speed housing.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy

OMG.....yesterday was my first race w/the MTX-3.....had problems all day.

Broke the left front hub carrier - during practice....it was a light rub against the wall too!!

Then I broke the right front hub carrier - during the warmups for teh first qualifying round. Again, light rub against the wall...

Then I finally was able to qualify for the A-main in the last qualifying run with my engine not tuned correctly

Got my engine tuned - made some adjustments to the car and was 1 or 2 position in the A-main up until the 16 min mark .... and ran outta fuel! My pitman didnt' call me at the right time...BAH!!

Took awhile to start the engine (inexperienced pitperson) -

Lost a front body clip and was having a hard time steering - man I didn't realize that when the body comes up alittle it makes a world of difference cause lack of down force!!

Nevertheless, fought my way back to second again....

Guess what...my stupid steering servo screw came loose!! OMFG!!! What are the chance of THAT!! That has never happened to me before! So my car all of a sudden lost all steering.

All in all, I've learned alot about the car and considering the bad luck that I had...I did ok.

This leads me to couple of questions for ya experience guys.

1. How to prevent the body clips from flying off!!
2. Are aluminum hub carriers worth the investment?? Or you might ending break other parts??

Thx.

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.