Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: mtx 3 springs

Originally posted by rcmike
do i understand this right....light blue is the softest rear spring for the mtx3 thanks i tried a search on here than went to mugen web site
Nope.

From softest to hardest, Mugen springs goes like this.

Purple, Blue, Gray, White, Red, Pink (Rear only).

Being realistic. Much probably you'll never need something stiffer than a gray (white and upper are for 1/8 scale cars). Purple is usually used for people going with rubbers or parking lots, blue is the stock and is good on a 95% of the times, Gray is for those small percentage of times you need something stiffer.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default I love eatting FISH

Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-cat.jpg  
Old 08-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: I love eatting FISH

Originally posted by Varuth
I ain't no sashimi.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Corse-R
Uhm.... probably are you like a shark then? A track predator who likes of eating little fishes like this.
Corse-R,

The avatar you gave me makes people confused, I guess.

They probably don't think I'm like Bruce the Carcharoden carcharias.

I believe they think I'm like Marlin the Amphiprion ocellaris. Ruled out Dory the Paracanthurus hepatus.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish

The avatar you gave me makes people confused, I guess.

They probably don't think I'm like Bruce the Carcharoden carcharias.
Uhm..... I think that is an attitude problem... and your last avatars like the last you used (it doesn't helps to keep a right attitude). Go to the track and hunt some little fishes or much better.... beat a pair of 1000 pounds Makaira Nigricans. If they see you beating some kind of beasts he will think twice before teasing you.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Uhm..... I think that is an attitude problem... and your last avatars like the last you used (it doesn't helps to keep a right attitude). Go to the track and hunt some little fishes or much better.... beat a pair of 1000 pounds Makaira Nigricans. If they see you beating some kind of beasts he will think twice before teasing you.
Why hunt some fish while you're at the track,when you can hunt snakes instead?
Old 08-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Light weight chssis

Do you think it is better to have a very light weight chassis that is a bit more flexible, or the Mugen 4mm that is very stiff. I have an ETF motorsport chassis and I am trying to decide which one to use. What is the minimum weight for touring cars at the nationals. Anyone?
Old 08-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Light weight chssis

Originally posted by Grinder
Do you think it is better to have a very light weight chassis that is a bit more flexible, or the Mugen 4mm that is very stiff. I have an ETF motorsport chassis and I am trying to decide which one to use. What is the minimum weight for touring cars at the nationals. Anyone?
Knowing on which chassis will be better for yourself, only can be answered by yourself, check this and see if worths for you:

Thinner chassis:
- Better grip on low traction conditions.
- More docile, because chasis is more flexible, but can be squirrely on high speed turns.
- Lower weight.
- Less heat radiation surface (chassis gets before 'heat soaked' - bad with high temps).

Thicker chassis:
- Less grip on low traction conditions.
- Car is more stable on high speed turns due to less flex on the chassis.
- Higher weight (but at the lowest point of the car, this can be an advantage).
- More mass for absorbing heat from the engine.

Tried the 3 and the 4mm chasis from Mugen and kept with the 4mm ones (feel the car better and more planted).

Minimum weight should be 1715Grams if you're using Personal Transponder, if not, should be 1700 grams (ROAR seems to follow the weight specs from IFMAR if not wrong).

BTW: Stock 3mm chassis from stock is slightly bowed (some PM me scared about this). At least on all the chassis I've seen is normal. How is yours 3mm chasis?
Old 08-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Light weight chssis

Knowing on which chassis will be better for yourself, only can be answered by yourself, check this and see if worths for you:

Thinner chassis:
- Better grip on low traction conditions.
- More docile, because chasis is more flexible, but can be squirrely on high speed turns.
- Lower weight.
- Less heat radiation surface (chassis gets before 'heat soaked' - bad with high temps).

Thicker chassis:
- Less grip on low traction conditions.
- Car is more stable on high speed turns due to less flex on the chassis.
- Higher weight (but at the lowest point of the car, this can be an advantage).
- More mass for absorbing heat from the engine.

Tried the 3 and the 4mm chasis from Mugen and kept with the 4mm ones (feel the car better and more planted).

Minimum weight should be 1715Grams if you're using Personal Transponder, if not, should be 1700 grams (ROAR seems to follow the weight specs from IFMAR if not wrong).

BTW: Stock 3mm chassis from stock is slightly bowed (some PM me scared about this). At least on all the chassis I've seen is normal. How is yours 3mm chasis?
Good info, Corse-R. I have also found out that choosing a chassis also could depend on the driving style of each driver. Talking to a fellow at the track yesterday, he is very happy with his 3Racing 4mm all-around chassis.

To me, if it works for him, that's fine. Probably suit best with his setup and driving style.

$0.02
Old 08-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

beat a pair of 1000 pounds Makaira Nigricans.
That'll be my ultimate fishing should I EVER catch one.

I'm sure I'll lose tons of sweat for it. Perhaps, a lot more than from tunning an engine with/without WD-40!
Old 08-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default mugen wheel alum spacer

part # please for the aluminum spacer mugen came out with about a year ago while the mtx2 was out.it was just a silver spacer that went behind the pin on the axle ,pkg had four in a pack and was about 5 bucks.i cant find a listing on any sheets or anything....Thanks
Old 08-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: mugen wheel alum spacer

Originally posted by rcmike
part # please for the aluminum spacer mugen came out with about a year ago while the mtx2 was out.it was just a silver spacer that went behind the pin on the axle ,pkg had four in a pack and was about 5 bucks.i cant find a listing on any sheets or anything....Thanks
H172
Old 08-03-2003, 06:46 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone know where i can find an online list/ catalog of the hop up options from 5Stars?

i have looked but found nothing
Old 08-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by B
anyone know where i can find an online list/ catalog of the hop up options from 5Stars?

i have looked but found nothing
Old 08-03-2003, 06:58 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.