Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BossPlaya
thanks teq, I really appreciate the help.

btw, at what charge rate should I fast charge the mugen 730 mah receiver packs at? 4.5A? 5A? 6A?

What is the best way to go? Trickle charge the night before or fast charge at the track?

Again, sorry for the novice questions.
well u are a beginer, no more than one amp or watch your car explode
Old 04-27-2003, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default solid front axle

running a solid front axle and rubber tyres what will i notice?
Old 04-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: solid front axle

Originally posted by Cartman
running a solid front axle and rubber tyres what will i notice?
You'll notice yaself having a great time enjoy driving.

Last edited by eddiethefish; 04-27-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well,as much as I love my tc3 nitro,I found a reason to buy a Mugen if I ever wanted to go back to a belt drive car.......

I was looking to buy a Mugen MR 12 engine,and gave Mugen a call.....I figure they would know who had 'em..etc...

well,I talked to robbie....and I have to tell you....just a great guy to talk to....he knew I needed it for a tc3,and without any malice or hesitation,we launched into a great converation about different cars,different engines,racing 'em,and the hobby in general...and even after I told him who I was on teh forums,(he laughed),we had a great time..

we both have mutual freinds in the business,so we had fun discussing that also.....

I also congratulated him on his win......this hobby needs different cars,interesting competition between brands and plilosophies,and great people to represent it....

and as far as I'm concerned,he's one of em....(dare I say equal to the guys at associated?......ya know what?...maybe a shade ahead..try getting one of associateds racers on the phone )

all in all a good job by Team Mugen....
Old 04-27-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default What tuned pipe for me next...?

my X12 Turbo pipe was badly sandwiched at its stinger section after hit by another car...
tried to prise out the dent through the stinger but to no avail its getting worse that the stinger joint almost break!!! Would this affect the performance of my engine dramatically?
any good pipe to recommend?
BTW, the front and rear belts start to wear out rather fast...some stretches were torn...
Old 04-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: What tuned pipe for me next...?

Originally posted by RClover
my X12 Turbo pipe was badly sandwiched at its stinger section after hit by another car...
tried to prise out the dent through the stinger but to no avail its getting worse that the stinger joint almost break!!! Would this affect the performance of my engine dramatically?
any good pipe to recommend?
BTW, the front and rear belts start to wear out rather fast...some stretches were torn...
Try the RDLogics Turbo pipe. Inexpensive and efficient.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Foams

So are the majority of you guys running the mugen-spec FAST tires or the standard zero offset wheels with the adapter? What are the pros and cons?
Old 04-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: solid front axle

Originally posted by eddiethefish
You'll notice yaself having a great time enjoy driving.
thanks for that!!!
what difereance in handling as im happy with it now, it i have just machined one up
Old 04-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: solid front axle

Originally posted by Cartman
thanks for that!!!
what difereance in handling as im happy with it now, it i have just machined one up
Don't forget to share us what you've got.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: What tuned pipe for me next...?

how about the 'Shark' Pipe by H.A.R.D Racing? Is this indestructible ? i mean stronger than normal pipe which dent easily...

Manti, i know you have this pipe, care to share some info on this with regard to performance and durability?
Old 04-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

btw, at what charge rate should I fast charge the mugen 730 mah receiver packs at? 4.5A? 5A? 6A?

What is the best way to go? Trickle charge the night before or fast charge at the track?

Cartman is right, no more than 1 amp for a fast charge. I actually prefer to trickle charge the pack the night before with a standard wall charger. To me, the packs seem to have a longer life, and hold the charge longer. However, I have come to realize that if you do any serious racing and extended length mains, then you will most definetly have to do a fast charge right before the main, or buy a 2nd rx pack. I've only had the car in 2 races so far (car's only been in service about a month), and the rx pack died about 2 min into the the main-- REALLY pissed me off. So I guess I'm going to have to buy another rx pack until somebody comes up with 1100ma AAA nimh cells.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Or, if you have power at your track, bring or buy a charger. I usually charge my rx pack right after my last qualifier. Or if you don't have power at your track, buy a 2nd rx pack and charge it the night before the race.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

The instructions that came with my battery (mugen) recommend to charge at 0.5 to 1 A. 0.5 A is what I am using.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Re: Foams

Originally posted by BOLISARIO
So are the majority of you guys running the mugen-spec FAST tires or the standard zero offset wheels with the adapter? What are the pros and cons?
Anyone?

Also, do the 730 Rx packs have good enough run time or will it fall short in long mains?
Old 04-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Hello...

Thank you for all your inquiries re my Turbo Fanned Venturi. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dscf1619.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.